Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama administration spied on Americans illegally

Message 1 of 19

@pc6063 wrote:

KID--Since this is very old news, I must ask you if this was an attempt to divert attention away from the mess idiot trump has created and the criminal investigation that is being conducted.  Weak attempt at best.

This is proof of allegations that have been made. Yet some would rather discuss unfounded claims by "unnamed sources" - and then use the word "divert". 

Since this is about the intel community, let's discuss the "mess" that someone has created. Classified data is being leaked illegally and then disseminated by the NYT (the "paper of record"). It has a detrimental effect on our relationships with our allies, it harms our ability to deal with ISIS, and who gets blamed, naturally, our President.

Shall we discuss "weak attempt at best"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Do you have any information that is prudent to the subject? Yes, but you ignore it.  The subject is a President who uses the NSA to gleam information to locate possible threats to the country.  You ignored the fact Bush was accused of doing the same thing.....I hope it isn't because of race.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19
j872659T posted..

Kidbaby, A couple of sites I’m sure you never heard of.
http://www.factcheck.org/
http://www.politifact.com/
You never answered my question. Why did Comey visit Ashcroft in the hospital?
Google the question to get a glimpse of the history and reality of what you’re talking about.

================================================

Your links have nothing to do with the fact that Obama administration spied on Americans illegally. That is what my link and this thread is about is about.

Do you have any information that is prudent to the subject? If so please post it.

Kidbaby? Say what?

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

Kidbaby, A couple of sites I’m sure you never heard of.

http://www.factcheck.org/

http://www.politifact.com/

You never answered my question. Why did Comey visit Ashcroft in the hospital?

Google the question to get a glimpse of the history and reality of what you’re talking about.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19
Explosive Revelation of Obama Administration Illegal Surveillance of Americans

May 25, 2017 1:34 PM

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447973/nsa-illegal-surveillance-americans-obama-administration...

Explosive Revelation of Obama Administration Illegal Surveillance of Americans (Photo: Scyther5/Dreamstime) SHARE ARTICLE ON FACEBOOKSHARE TWEET ARTICLETWEET PLUS ONE ARTICLE ON GOOGLE PLUS+1 PRINT ARTICLE ADJUST FONT SIZEAA by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY May 25, 2017 1:34 PM @ANDREWCMCCARTHY The NSA intentionally and routinely intercepted communications of American citizens in violation of the Constitution. During the Obama years, the National Security Agency intentionally and routinely intercepted and reviewed communications of American citizens in violation of the Constitution and of court-ordered guidelines implemented pursuant to federal law. The unlawful surveillance appears to have been a massive abuse of the government’s foreign-intelligence-collection authority, carried out for the purpose of monitoring the communications of Americans in the United States. While aware that it was going on for an extensive period of time, the administration failed to disclose its unlawful surveillance of Americans until late October 2016, when the administration was winding down and the NSA needed to meet a court deadline in order to renew various surveillance authorities under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). The administration’s stonewallin

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447973/nsa-illegal-surveillance-americans-obama-administration...

============================================================

May 25, 2017...new story
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

KID--Since this is very old news, I must ask you if this was an attempt to divert attention away from the mess idiot trump has created and the criminal investigation that is being conducted.  Weak attempt at best.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

It's 2017 - Obama Is Not The President - Obama Pardoned Himself For Everything He Ever Did and Didn;t Do Right Before He Left - He Knew the Trump Inc. & the Radical Right Would Be Accusing Of Everything They Could Think of

Ask This Guy - He Knows All About Presidents Pardoning Themselves 

This Evil Loser shown below during one of his many choking moments so far - is now the President - Try to Focus 

Choking.png

Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NxyynwWd-8

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Obama administration spied on Americans illegally through searches of Internet data conducted by the NSA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4538846/NSA-spied-Americans-Internet-data-illegally.html

•  The Obama administration also upped the number of Americans it had unmasked in intelligence reports
  • Disclosures have renewed concerns among civil liberty groups that Americans' Fourth Amendment rights were routinely violated
  • Raises questions about the motivations that Obama aides like Susan Rice had when they requested the names of Americans whose identities were obscured
  • If Rice and others did it for political purposes, to hurt Donald Trump for instance, that would be an 'amazing abuse of power,' Sen. Rand Paul says

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4538846/NSA-spied-Americans-Internet-data-illegally.html#ixz...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

=======================================

One of many links ... I wonder if the left wing media will report on this.

This is not news. as for the left wing media, the story is told in a series of FRONTLINE (PBS) reports, some of which are still available on Netflix and other services. they are probably 5 years old at this time, and follow the ath of the NSA since 9/11. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

After all the things that have happened in this country with the Russia issue. I do believe that all countries will  spy on all Americans, I have no idea as to what they will find. LOL We have created so much distrust all over the world. that I don't doubt that now countries will actually get information from this country and start evaluating where is coming from.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The difference is that whenever an Obama official needed to know the redacted names in a report, the information STAYED SECRET. With the Trumpettes and Der Trumper most of all, the names and classified infromation are used to brag about what a great job they're doing to their BFF, Tsar Vlad the Stumpy!

This is what infantile personalities do - they behave like spoiled chlidren. Trump's been doing it his entire life - jsut look at his campaign - and he'll never stop, so somebody else needs to stop him.

Your basic theory is only valid for those who consider leaking to the NYT as staying secret - oops, I mean, STAYING SECRET.

Although at least one poster thinks that since the Times is a "paper of record" the words on their news and/or editorial pages are acceptable as evidence without verification in court, most do not. And, I understand that some think of the NYT as part of their government, it isn't part of the government.

Kudos
Views