Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama accomplishments

Message 1 of 21

I would suspect that if the Obama adminsitration ended all unemployment, cured cancer, ended all the world's wars and brought in a new era of peace and prosperity that those on the right would find something wrong with it or refuse to acknowledge President Obama's role. 

No doubt without the GOP induced sequester and lack of action on the budget the economy would be doing much better than it is already. I am sure that come November 2014, most voters will also realize that the biggest drag on the economy is the Republicans in congress and vote many of them out of office. 

The important point is that the nation and the world is in much better shape now than it was when President Obama took office. The gloom and doom that was predicted by the right wing has not happened. How they maintain credibility is beyond me. I guess that is because there are so many low information voters who refuse to accept that perhaps President Obama is one of the most effective presidents we have had in a long time. He would be considerably more effective if he didn't have to face all those obstructionist Republicans in congress. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

I am not sure I understand your point. That the retail gun sellers are doing their jobs or that there are too many guns sold in this country?

In Response to Re: Obama accomplishments:

46,455 Background Checks For Gun Purchases Each Day Under Obama

There have been 72,005,482 background checks for gun purchases since President Obama took office, according to data released by the FBI.

In 2009, the FBI conducted 14,033,824 background checks.  If we subtract the month of January (Obama did not assume office until the end of the month) we get 12,819,939.

The FBI conducted 14,409,616 background checks in 2010, 16,454,951 in 2011, and 19,592,303 in 2012.

Add to that the first four months of 2013 (2,495,440, 2,309,393, 2,209,407 and 1,714,433 respectively) and the total number of background checks under President Obama comes to 72,005,482.

Obama has been President for 1,550 days.  That works out to 46,455 background checks for gun purchases each day.

Posted by jimc91

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

46,455 Background Checks For Gun Purchases Each Day Under Obama

There have been 72,005,482 background checks for gun purchases since President Obama took office, according to data released by the FBI.

In 2009, the FBI conducted 14,033,824 background checks.  If we subtract the month of January (Obama did not assume office until the end of the month) we get 12,819,939.

The FBI conducted 14,409,616 background checks in 2010, 16,454,951 in 2011, and 19,592,303 in 2012.

Add to that the first four months of 2013 (2,495,440, 2,309,393, 2,209,407 and 1,714,433 respectively) and the total number of background checks under President Obama comes to 72,005,482.

Obama has been President for 1,550 days.  That works out to 46,455 background checks for gun purchases each day.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

Unemployment caused by the great Bush recession has dropped to 7.5% and government spending has declined every year where Obama set the budget.  Looks like he is going to be able to hand off a safe and economically healthy country to the next Democratic president. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

Added $6T to the national debt.

Claims to have created jobs, but there are fewer people working than ever.

Doubled the number of people receiving government handouts.

Gave away billions to crony capitalists, NONE of which have been successful.

Attempting to usurp our 1st 2nd and 4th amendment rights

Promised to "work" but instead played golf.

Promised to be open and transparent, but has been more secretive than any other president.

Made dozens of other promises that he hasn't kept.

Excellent teleprompter reader, and gullible people buy his rhetoric.

Still blames Bush for everything.

Has a hissy fit when he doesn't get his way on everything.

Secretly wants to be emporer of the USA.

Fooled 51% of the voters into giving him a second term.

Posted by wa7jos

Take this nonsense elsewhere. How do you know what ANYONE "secretly desires"? You are not even clear on the definition of the word "SECRET".

Posted by MycroftHolmes

Hardly ALL nonsense! The debt sure increased faster than ever and jobs are still scarce for far too many. ACA will add a lot of people being directly subsidized by government which may be desireable , but is going to increase debt or taxes. There were a lot of "promises" unkept from '08 . I don't mind a little golf playing!

Karl

Posted by krlklar

Yes all nonsense and that is fact. Everything you listed is pure nonsense.

Posted by john258

Today's word of the day- NONSENSE. A great crutch word to use when a valid rebuttal is non-existent. You're absence of a detailed answer, is pure  .....(I think you, better than most can fill in the missing word).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

Added $6T to the national debt.

Claims to have created jobs, but there are fewer people working than ever.

Doubled the number of people receiving government handouts.

Gave away billions to crony capitalists, NONE of which have been successful.

Attempting to usurp our 1st 2nd and 4th amendment rights

Promised to "work" but instead played golf.

Promised to be open and transparent, but has been more secretive than any other president.

Made dozens of other promises that he hasn't kept.

Excellent teleprompter reader, and gullible people buy his rhetoric.

Still blames Bush for everything.

Has a hissy fit when he doesn't get his way on everything.

Secretly wants to be emporer of the USA.

Fooled 51% of the voters into giving him a second term.

Posted by wa7jos

Take this nonsense elsewhere. How do you know what ANYONE "secretly desires"? You are not even clear on the definition of the word "SECRET".

Posted by MycroftHolmes

Hardly ALL nonsense! The debt sure increased faster than ever and jobs are still scarce for far too many. ACA will add a lot of people being directly subsidized by government which may be desireable , but is going to increase debt or taxes. There were a lot of "promises" unkept from '08 . I don't mind a little golf playing!

Karl

Posted by krlklar

Yes all nonsense and that is fact. Everything you listed is pure nonsense.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

his attacks on the "haves",  his attempts at class warfare, have fostered enmity between whites and blacks.

set back race relations 150 years

Posted by oldfart25

Could you please clarify, I really don't understand what you are saying.

Posted by rker321

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

Obama has mastered his skills in being dishonest.  Benghazi?  What Benghazi...just name one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

tell me one thing he has not lied about?

Posted by wendymichael

You seem to have this subject all sawn up, therefore, I would like for you to post as many as you can all the lies that Obama has said.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

tell me one thing he has not lied about?

Kudos
Views