AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 41 of 61
rker posted..

Kidboy, whatever Obama spent or not, is really a "passee" isue. is irrelevant, and it shouldn't concern you any longer. I believe that any vacations that he takes from now on, he will have to pay for them.
It is time to concentrate on the present. there are serious issues on the table that will affect all of us. to actually discuss vacation expenditures by any President.
I am sure that you will agree with me.

===============================================

I agree and I let it go but we still have a poster or two that continue to bring up that I posted about the how the Obama's had little regard as to how they spent taxpayers money.

I do find it ironic that other posters did not post about what the Obama's did but know they complain because I do not take Trump to task for his spending which is out of line. Double standard by the left.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 61

Kidboy, whatever Obama spent or not, is really a "passee"  isue. is irrelevant, and it shouldn't concern you any longer. I believe that any vacations that he takes from now on, he will have to pay for them.
It is time to concentrate on the present. there are serious issues on the table that will affect all of us. to actually discuss vacation expenditures by any President.

I am sure that you will agree with me.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 43 of 61

If someone is concerned about financial waste instead of the person, one would think they would be outraged by the fact that Trump will spend more in one year on travel than Obama did in 8 years! 

However, there is no outrage with Trump which proves it's the person, not the issue. It's OK for Trump to carelessly waste huge amounts of government money, but Obama, who spent much less than Donald, was somehow guilty of cheating the taxpayer. Are you serious?

Thank You.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 61
$1,474,200
Options
Message 16 of 16 (260 Views)
‎12-30-2010 12:39 PM

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 | Posted by Malia Zimmerman | Print This Article
Obama’s Million Dollar Hawaiian Vacation: Costs to Taxpayers Detailed

Part of the story:
Mrs. Obama’s early flight to Hawaii: $63,000 (White House Dossier)
Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii: $1 million (GAO estimates)
Housing in beachfront homes for Secret Service and Seals in Kailua ($1,200 a day for 14 days): $16,800
Costs for White House staff staying at Moana Hotel: $134,400 ($400 per day for 24 staff) – excluding meals and other room costs
Police overtime: $250,000 (2009 costs reported by Honolulu Police Department)
Ambulance: $10,000 (City Spokesperson)
TOTAL COST: $1,474,200
Can you spell royalty? We have a Queen that could not travel on Air Force one.

===============================================
Message 16 of 16 (260 Views)
‎12-30-2010 12:39 PM

12-30-2010...it sure did upset one of the "Obama people" to rerun a post that old. To go back that far to find a post...all i can say WHY TO GO! And thanks!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 45 of 61

Update

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 61
Rich posted..

And Trump commutes to Mar-a-Lago weekly for $3,000,000 a week. Thank you for putting that into perspective for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link please.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 61
Report: 8 years of Obama vacations cost $85 million
BY ANITA KUMAR

DECEMBER 28, 2016 1:54 PM

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html

WASHINGTON
As America’s first family enjoys its eighth and final vacation in Hawaii, new estimates put the price tag of the Obamas’ annual trip at $3.5 million or more.

In total, the cost of the the first family’s personal or largely personal travel during the last eight years comes to $85 million – though that is likely to climb to $90 million after additional records are released, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch based on federal government records.

The cost of Air Force One and other government planes as well as helicopters, cargo planes, armored cars, Secret Service protection and advance, communications and medical staff has led Judicial Watch to push for less personal travel.

“The Secret Service and the Air Force are being abused by unnecessary travel,” Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said. “Unnecessary presidential travel for fundraising and luxury vacations on the taxpayers’ dime would be a good target for reform for the incoming Trump administration.”

President-elect Donald Trump prefers to vacation at his own properties. He is spending Christmas at Mar-A-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, where he stayed for Thanksgiving. After the election, he spent a weekend at Bedminster golf club in New Jersey, which has fueled speculation that it could be Trump’s Camp David.

Critics of Obama’s annual vacations to Hawaii and Martha’s Vineyard say President George W. Bush – and perhaps Trump – likely saved money because their vacation homes, including Bush’s ranch in Crawford, Texas, were modified one time – some at a cost to taxpayers – and accommodated some of the traveling entourage. At Bush’s ranch, some slept in trailers.

=========================================================
Parts of a long link.

I just had to post this.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 61

@Richva wrote:

And Trump commutes to Mar-a-Lago weekly for $3,000,000 a week.  Thank you for putting that into perspective for us. 

I get the feeling that the poster who complained about Omaba's vacations and posted regular 'reports' on them did so because of personal feelings (hate) about Obama. It couldn't have been about the money spent or else the same poster would be up in arms about how much money Trump is spending on vacations and travel.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 61

And Trump commutes to Mar-a-Lago weekly for $3,000,000 a week.  Thank you for putting that into perspective for us. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 61

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So far, Der Trumper has spent more on his vacations and keeping a "spare White House" in GMAC/Trump tower in 6 months than President Obama spent on vacations in his entire 8 years in office.

Yep, that 's true. This is only one of the old topics about Obama's vacations posted by the same poster.  Now Trump is spending amounts that dwarf what Obama spent and not a word is said. Double standards or simply Obama hating?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors