Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 1 of 61

How many times did 'the left' complain about the cost of GWBush's vacation costs?

At the $197,000 per hour for flights on AF1 as stated by John Boener when complaining about the cost of Obama's trips, the cost of just the flights from Washington DC to Crawford, Texas exceeded $124 million. The Bushes also took 7 (Laura 5, GW 2) trips to Africa compared to the Obamas 3 (Michelle 2, Barrack 1).

Until Obama was elected no one made a big deal of the President's travel expenses.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 61

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Cent posted..

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CT posted..

Hey Centrist, isn't this hard to believe? Trump supporters complain about Obama's spending on travel yet they won't offer one word of criticism when their idol spends 8X more than Obama. Why do they have such a huge double standard and such a high level of hypocrisy when it comes to President Obama versusTrump?

======================================================

There you go again.

The left are the ones that did not say a thing about the Obama's needless spending Actually the left, as you call anyone that you disagree with, are far smarter because they know, all Presidents go on vacation at the taxpayers expense. and now they are crying that everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ..no they aren't crying; they are pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster(s) who whined incessantly about Obama's tab, yet are quiet when their chosen one spends 8 times the amount Obama did. Political bigotry or racism?. which I have mentioned many times and FYI I am not a Trump person. Actually, you are. You voted for him.

Yes the left have a double standard when it comes to our President's spending. Actually, "the left" isn't. Those who whine about Obama's tab and are silent on trumps are the one's with a double-standard; most call it hypocrisy.

=================================================

Thanks!

My pleasure!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 61
C T Posted..

As I stated earlier, we haven't seen one world of critcism directed at Trump for spending an incredible amount of money on travel expenses. But even though Obama spent only 1/8 of what Trump is currently spending, we see non-stop criticism of the former President. Why?

================================================

I did not know that. Thanks for that information!

But I guess you did not see this..

The left are the ones that did not say a thing about the Obama's needless spending and now they are crying that everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ... which I have mentioned many times and FYI I am not a Trump person.

" everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ... which I have mentioned many times"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 61
Cent posted..

KidBoy2 wrote:
CT posted..

Hey Centrist, isn't this hard to believe? Trump supporters complain about Obama's spending on travel yet they won't offer one word of criticism when their idol spends 8X more than Obama. Why do they have such a huge double standard and such a high level of hypocrisy when it comes to President Obama versusTrump?

There you go again.

The left are the ones that did not say a thing about the Obama's needless spending Actually the left, as you call anyone that you disagree with, are far smarter because they know, all Presidents go on vacation at the taxpayers expense. and now they are crying that everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ..no they aren't crying; they are pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster(s) who whined incessantly about Obama's tab, yet are quiet when their chosen one spends 8 times the amount Obama did. Political bigotry or racism?. which I have mentioned many times and FYI I am not a Trump person. Actually, you are. You voted for him.

Yes the left have a double standard when it comes to our President's spending. Actually, "the left" isn't. Those who whine about Obama's tab and are silent on trumps are the one's with a double-standard; most call it hypocrisy.

=================================================

Thanks!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 61

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CT posted..

There you go again.

The left are the ones that did not say a thing about the Obama's needless spending Actually the left, as you call anyone that you disagree with, are far smarter because they know, all Presidents go on vacation at the taxpayers expense.  and now they are crying that everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ..no they aren't crying; they are pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster(s) who whined incessantly about Obama's tab, yet are quiet when their chosen one spends 8 times the amount Obama did.  Political bigotry or racism?. which I have mentioned many times and FYI I am not a Trump person.  Actually, you are.  You voted for him.

Yes the left have a double standard when it comes to our President's spending.  Actually, "the left" isn't.  Those who whine about Obama's tab and are silent on trumps are the one's with a double-standard; most call it hypocrisy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 6 of 61

As I stated earlier, we haven't seen one world of critcism directed at Trump for spending an incredible amount of money on travel expenses. But even though Obama spent only 1/8 of what Trump is currently spending, we see non-stop criticism of the former President. Why?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 61
CT posted..

There you go again.

The left are the ones that did not say a thing about the Obama's needless spending and now they are crying that everyone should post about Trump's needless spending ... which I have mentioned many times and FYI I am not a Trump person.

Yes the left have a double standard when it comes to our President's spending.

Now I am sure you and your ilk will come up with more about Trumps needless spending to try, and fail to justify the Obama's need less spending.... should be fun reading the posts!

Have a good say hear!?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist wrote, "especially when they are unable to answer the simple question of why make a huge issue when one spends 8x less than another and remains silent on the REAL waste of taxpayer money."

Hey Centrist, isn't this hard to believe? Trump supporters complain about Obama's spending on travel yet they won't offer one word of criticism when their idol spends 8X more than Obama. Why do they have such a huge double standard and such a high level of hypocrisy when it comes to President Obama versusTrump?

Yes, it IS hard to believe CeeTee!  In fact it's stunning.  IMO, it's either political bigotry or racism at play here.  What else could it be?  Any guesses?  I'd love to be proven wrong.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 9 of 61

Centrist wrote, "especially when they are unable to answer the simple question of why make a huge issue when one spends 8x less than another and remains silent on the REAL waste of taxpayer money."

Hey Centrist, isn't this hard to believe? Trump supporters complain about Obama's spending on travel yet they won't offer one word of criticism when their idol spends 8X more than Obama. Why do they have such a huge double standard and such a high level of hypocrisy when it comes to President Obama versusTrump?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 61

@KidBoy2 wrote:

That is true but what has got to do with this thread which is about Obama's needless spending? A thread from 12-30-2010 which was brought back to a new life by a poster for unknown reasons....going back almost 7 years...wow!

Really?  Unknown reasons?  You claimed it was "just news" and nothing against Obama.  That's not true, is it?
You've also claimed you're an Independent, but an Independent would be more outraged at someone spending 8 times as much, wouldn't they?  Hypocrisy isn't limited by time, time exposed it in this case.

You and others can try to justify the Obama's needless spending with post after post about Trump's needless spending...it does not fly.  Actually it does.  It appears you're in denial.

Its not $1,474,200 it was $85 million.  in 8 years!

Obama off to Hawaii for the holidays, cumulative travel costs top $85 ...million
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/.../obama-heads-to-hawaii-for-the-holiday...
Dec 15, 2016 - Mr. Obama departed Friday for his Christmas vacation in Hawaii, the last while he is in office. Judicial Watch recently revealed that, to date, the ...

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

The outsized spending on travel stands in stark relief to Trump's calls for belt tightening across the federal government and the fact that he regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip.

Given variations in each trip, estimating the security costs around a presidential trip is difficult. But a 2016 Government Accountability Office report about a four-day trip Obama took to Florida in 2013 -- one similar to Trump's trips -- found the total cost to the Secret Service and Coast Guard was $3.6 million.

To date, Trump has spent six weekends -- and a total of 21 days -- at Mar-A-Lago, his private Palm Beach club. The total estimated costs for those trips are around $21.6 million.

Kudos
Views