Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 51 of 61

So far, Der Trumper has spent more on his vacations and keeping a "spare White House" in GMAC/Trump tower in 6 months than President Obama spent on vacations in his entire 8 years in office.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 52 of 61

Apparently this was "just news" without any pointed, hateful commentary seven years ago.  I do recall someone using the term "Obama Lovers"....interesting.

In other, more relevant news.....

This is peanuts compared to Trumps expenses.  Maybe he's "royalty"......

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

The outsized spending on travel stands in stark relief to Trump's calls for belt tightening across the federal government and the fact that he regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip.

Given variations in each trip, estimating the security costs around a presidential trip is difficult. But a 2016 Government Accountability Office report about a four-day trip Obama took to Florida in 2013 -- one similar to Trump's trips -- found the total cost to the Secret Service and Coast Guard was $3.6 million.

To date, Trump has spent six weekends -- and a total of 21 days -- at Mar-A-Lago, his private Palm Beach club. The total estimated costs for those trips are around $21.6 million.

Obama, by contrast, spent just under $97 million on travel in his eight years as president, according to documents reviewed by Judicial Watch, a conservative government watchdog. These trips included personal trips - including ski trips to Aspen and the Obama's annual family vacation in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts -- and work trips, like a visit to Everglades National Park on Earth Day in 2015.

Trump's frequent weekend travel makes it all but certain the 45th President will surpass Obama's spending in his first term, likely within months.

The spending comes as Trump asks the federal government to slash non-defense spending by $54 billion, including deep cuts to the State Department, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Environmental Protection Agency and the wholesale elimination of other federal programs. The proposed cuts, which are unlikely to be adopted in total, will correspond with $54 billion in increases to defense spending.

Funny that some want to justify their attacks on Obama....  But shoot, the above is "just news".....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Not applicable
Kudos
Views

RE: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200

Message 53 of 61

In Response to RE: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200 by LITI8R

................YOU said you wanted his discussion to END.   Who are you?

Who are you?  He asked the question, I answered.  Best get up to speed, you're falling behind here.  In order to do that you'll have to get your answers from him.  Don't forget to pat him on the head again as you pass by.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 61

In Response to RE: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200 by KidBoy2

I gave up. The "Obama Lovers" do not want a discussion.

Did you delete the first thread and then start the same one over again?

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

In Response to RE: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200 by oceanflower

"You asked me if I wanted you to end it and I said yes"

YOU said you wanted his discussion to END.   Who are you?

If YOU didn't like the discussion YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO ANOTHER.  Why should he end his discussion?

He's a good guy.  His discussions are interesting. Some here badger anyone that doesn't agree with their silly thinking.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Not applicable
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 61

You could at least give him some credit for making his own decision.  Your talking like the mother/father of child.  I'm sure he appreciates your condescending little speech while he wipes away his tears.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 61

Awhh........

Where's the old post?   Wasn't there a long one you started last week?

I heard them talking about you some months back in their "private" "workshop" (if you get my drift).  

You are on their list of un-beatables.  It doesn't matter how hard they try...you still hang in there.  They know that and don't like that.  Don't give in to them. Don't let that happen.  

This could have come in a private message, but I don't need private messages and neither do you.

Keep up the good work.  

Kudos
Views
Not applicable
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

Now that's not really true.  We all had a discussion and it was over.  You asked me if I wanted you to end it and I said yes, unless you were willing to continue with a different topic.  You weren't and so you closed it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61

I gave up. The "Obama Lovers" do not want a discussion. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61

In Response to RE: Obama Hawaii vacation cost $1,474,200 by kovalev6

Where's the post? ??

Kudos