Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: OUR CHILDREN

Message 71 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

False premise. 

This is not an “either or” situation. Liberals care about them all, and conservatives seem to care about none of them. 

Liberals said they were worried about the debt when Trump lowered the taxes yet Obama doubled the debt in only eight years and did nothing positive.

You conveniently omitted that President Obama inherited TWO unfunded Republican wars, as well as a colossal Republican recession ... the worst since the great depression. This all added to the debt that you are fallaciously assigning to President Obama.

And you also omit the massive Bush tax cuts for the wealthy ..... generating an enormous loss in revenue.  This loss in revenue also added to the national debt NOTHAPPENING!

President Obama's spending was used to pull us out of the Republican led recession .... far more "positive" than Trump's colossal tax cuts for the already wealthy!

Seems that liberals only care about whatever is the hate de jour and especially when it goes against an idea Trump is pushing.

Nothing to do with "hate" as you fallaciously accuse NOTHAPPENING. The "idea that Trump is pushing" is the idea of forming a Plutocracy .... an "idea" that "GOES AGAINST" our democracy.

When we have all kinds of poor here that don't get help

due to your heartless Republicans who only worry about the wealthy .... and the NRA!

(teach them to fish - not handouts)

Yup ..... the wealthy should stop receiving more Republican handouts in the form of massive tax cuts. There is no need for the wealthy to become more wealthy .... especially at the cost to all other Americans!

and the libs are worried about illegal aliens?????????????

ALL people should be "worried" about ALL children NOTHAPPENING .... especially those Trump has taken away from their parents and punished for no crime they committed!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 101
@tempermental........Once again you are mentioning some programs I have been involved with. The people I call lazy are ones who would never attend a program that provides a stepping stone. I worked with a community college to set up training for employees who did not have a high school education so they could get their GED. They only had to devote 1 hour of their own time. The rest was company time. Some employees took advantage and some did not. I worked for 4 years as a second job in a women and children's shelter home. I didn't see very many, but a few do play that system. The area I lived in in NC had a program called PALS. This was training to go into a home where a child had been removed. The goal was to provide a good role model at housekeeping and being a good parent. I was the first volunteer they sent. I went into some pretty tough places. I worked with an adult literacy program and taught adults to read. It was rewarding to see people advance. It was rewarding to see people who want to help themselves. So, I don't point all this out except for one reason. I have been in enough programs to know they are good and provide resources, but I also know there are people who still take advantage of systems who take care of them while they sit on their duff. On days I have been off work and watch TV, I see a lot of attorneys who are promoting some ways for a fast buck for potential clients and themselves.
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 101

Why is there no outcry when the children of American citizens are separated from there parents when the parents are detained or incarcerated for crimes or negligence? Why are the illegals using their children for a free pass to the US special?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 101

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Our children.jpg

The dems will start caring for them when they start nearing the age when they can vote, not before!

What is your position on  guaranteed medical care for children?  How about taking a knee to protest police aggression against blacks?  How are you on using affirmative action to correct past wrongs?  How about using federal monies to improve local school systems? How about equal funding by the state for all school systems and not just the rich ones?  These children are only of value to Republicans when they can be used to hide the overreach and incompetence of the Trump administration.  How odd we never saw this picture on a conservative post before now. 

The word............hypocrite seems to be on the tip of my tongue.  

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 101

@Soosie wrote:
If you are so envious of a discounted phone (it was never free, since the program’s inception in 1985) you need to envy the entirety of someone’s economic situation. @tempermental.........They can get off their lazy rump and go to work each day like I do. I am way past retirement age, but I believe in earning my own as long as I am able.

So it's all about you, eh ?

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 101

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Our children.jpg

The dems will start caring for them when they start nearing the age when they can vote, not before!

What do you do to help impoverished American black kids?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 101

I disagree that most are playing the system.  I am sure some are.   But I've volunteered with at-risk, low-income people for over 30 years.   They are behind the 8 ball with things like dyslexia, ADHD, lead poisoning, fetal alcohol syndrome, depression/anxiety, not to mention drug and alcohol addiction.   

They often just need a little help.   It's amazing to see the high schooler get Bs instead of Ds after a month of tutoring.  Just a little extra attention that city schools can't give him.   And his mom can't afford. 

Or the woman who gets business clothes, job training, therapy, computer classes, and yes, a cell phone, to help her formulate an exit plan to escape her abuser.  

Or the middle schooler helped by a truancy mentor program.   Her mom had a stroke and was hospitalized about 45 minutes away.  The dad stayed with the mom for months in the hospital.  The girl just stopped going to school.   The program helped turn her around and now she's getting straight As and wants to be a doctor.  She wants to prevent the types of stroke her mother had.  Her mom was at her truancy graduation ceremony, smiling with vacant eyes.  She will be mentally disabled for life.   

Or teaching the fundamentals of job interviews.  Make sure you take a shower that day.  Wear clean clothes.  Tell them what are appropriate clothes.  Tell them to look the interviewer in the eye.  Give them a clue what they may be asked.  Tell them to say hi and thank you, etc. and not put their feet up on the desk.  We take this ALL for granted.  But so many never learn these basic things and that hinders their employability.  

What's wrong with giving them the benefit of the doubt?  And a little extra help.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 101

@Soosie wrote:

Our children.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 101
And I only point that out because it’s all relative. Not everyone has a fortunate life to be able to work and save and retire. Many have setbacks like disabilities, illness, injury, lay offs, divorce, etc. @ TemperMental......I've been through all of that except the disability and I still continue to work. It is good for me. I get to be with younger people that I can still learn from. They are upbeat. They are not filled with hatred. They are a pleasure to be around. Many people that I know who are sitting on the ole duff are able to work. I remember a woman who came to apply for a job where I was HR Manager. She mentioned she had applied for disability. I looked at the section of her application that asked if any special accommodation would need to be provided. There was nothing there. I asked her if she could tell me what the company would need to provide after she looked at the job and if she was hired. She said nothing was needed that she would only want the job if she didn't get disability. I thought one was either disabled or not. I didn't know it depended on something else. I learned that many people think the Easter Bunny or some source provides for their needs. I personally believe that one needs to provide for themselves as long as they can. I realize the time may come when I need help, but it will have to be because of real need, not because I just wanted to quit, stay home, watch TV and stay on a smart phone or laptop. I will still argue that there are many who are playing the system and when people run on emotions rather than good judgement, these people will continue to play the system because they can.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 80 of 101

@Soosie wrote:

Our children.jpg

These children are why we support the NFL players who "take a knee" in protest of how their children are treated at the hands of the police. 

Will the Republicans now be offering to fix schools in black neighborhoods, remove minimum sentences, and provide medical care for the children?  Sorry, I don't think I can ask that question with a straight face.  Especially when asking it of the party of KKK supporters. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors