Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OUR CHILDREN

Message 1 of 101

If one’s eyes are open, it’s very simple to see, the repubs are putting our children’s future in jeopardy on all fronts. They have chosen the wealthy over our young citizens!

But for the sake of fairness, perhaps someone can explain how the wealthy and repubs are protecting the future of our young citizens.

frosty good luck

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 101

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 101

Really?  What is trump being blamed for that was a failure of the last President? Be objective in your response please.

Don't pay any attention Cent ................ it's just "group speak".

Well, there is that....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 101

@ChasKy53 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBHc2qafgU

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 101

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oh but of course you haven't, since you flipped.

That really tears you up doesn't it?  You go off topic with that with all my posts, regardless of the topic.

You need to get over it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 101

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to pat your back about whatever successes you have had in your private life?  Frankly I don't  think anyone here cares what you have done or not done.

I was replying to a poster who has continuously been crying about his/her social security and medicare.  Yes I feel proud that I made a plan at 17 and followed it through where I'm enjoying the benefits now.  And not only that but being ambitious enough to keep on working as long as my health held out.

But some expects a handout  because they didn't plan.

So why do you post a lot about yourself?

Medicare and Social Security are not handouts and people have the right and the responsibility to criticize how the Republican Party puts them both in jeopardy.

Both of these programs, in their present form, are already in jeopardy because they are not financialy sustainable.

Then Congress should fix the funding side of it instead of suggesting cuts. Hard for the Republicans to do that while they practice social engineering by cutting taxes of the wealthiest and redistributing wealth and income from the middle class and below to the 1%.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 101

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Actually, the topic is about a silly meme showing a group of black children.  We all find it highly ironic as the current president is reducing any help afforded to those children so they get to repeat the trepidations of their parents while you get to experience life. 

What about the previous President who had 8 years to help these children improve their lot in life?  The present President has had only a year and half, yet he is blamed for failures of the previous one?

Really?  What is trump being blamed for that was a failure of the last President? Be objective in your response please.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 101

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Medicare and Social Security are not handouts and people have the right and the responsibility to criticize how the Republican Party puts them both in jeopardy.

I haven't seen where it is only Republicans who has put those benefits in jeopardy.

Oh but of course you haven't, since you flipped.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 101

Tex - Der Trumper and the GOP are going to end COLAs for Federal retirees. Do you REALLY think they won't do the same for Vets?

GOPers have already begun privatizing Military health care, so don't pretend they won't go after your pension.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 101

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to pat your back about whatever successes you have had in your private life?  Frankly I don't  think anyone here cares what you have done or not done.

I was replying to a poster who has continuously been crying about his/her social security and medicare.  Yes I feel proud that I made a plan at 17 and followed it through where I'm enjoying the benefits now.  And not only that but being ambitious enough to keep on working as long as my health held out.

But some expects a handout  because they didn't plan.

So why do you post a lot about yourself?

Both of these programs, in their present form, are already in jeopardy because they are not financialy sustainable.

Medicare is in jeopardy because Republicans will not allow the system to negotiate prices and keeps adding to the number of deadbeat parasites on the health care system while cutting the number of Americans who can afford their own insurance.

Social Security is in jeopardy because Republicans refuse to raise the "cap" on FICA contributions to the level Reagan establish when he fixed the system for 30 years.

The solution is to get the Republicans out of the way so BOTH systems can be saved for ALL Americans.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Kudos
Views