Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: OUR CHILDREN

Message 81 of 101

@Soosie wrote:
If you are so envious of a discounted phone (it was never free, since the program’s inception in 1985) you need to envy the entirety of someone’s economic situation. @tempermental.........They can get off their lazy rump and go to work each day like I do. I am way past retirement age, but I believe in earning my own as long as I am able.

Well. That begs the question why you didn’t save enough to retire on time.  Some, who “did” save enough, might think you didn’t work hard enough. AKA lazy.

And I only point that out because it’s all relative. Not everyone has a fortunate life to be able to work and save and retire. Many have setbacks like disabilities, illness, injury, lay offs, divorce, etc.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 82 of 101

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

What changes are pending?

I don't know what is bringing this up. Social Security has always bee a supplement to retirement incom e and not the full income what brings this on now?

One poster was complaining about no increases.  We don't depend that much on social security since have several retirement incomes in addition to savings.  That all is called planning ahead.

Please,  don't brag, do you really believe that you are the only citizen in the US that has taken that action?  please, most of us have done that and more. so please don't pat your back for doing what is yours and My obligation to do at the time of retirement.

At least I'm not continually complaining about something that more than likely will never be.  Start messing with seniors Social Security and you'll have a riot on your hands from the seniors and their children who would have to support them.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 83 of 101

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I don't know what is bringing this up. Social Security has always bee a supplement to retirement incom e and not the full income what brings this on now?

One poster was complaining about no increases.  We don't depend that much on social security since have several retirement incomes in addition to savings.  That all is called planning ahead.

Please,  don't brag, do you really believe that you are the only citizen in the US that has taken that action?  please, most of us have done that and more. so please don't pat your back for doing what is yours and My obligation to do at the time of retirement.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 84 of 101

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 85 of 101

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Isn't Social Security supposed to supplement retirement income and not be the full support?

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Isn't Social Security supposed to supplement retirement income and not be the full support?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 86 of 101

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 87 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Obama doubled the debt in only eight years and did nothing positive. 

You are kidding, right????

Saved the auto industry, saved the banking industry, cut unemployment in half, killed bin Laden, increased the value of the stock market many fold, and most of all, had the respect of our allies and enemies alike..... he wasn't thought of as a fool like "SPANKY".

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 88 of 101

@Soosie wrote:

Our children.jpg

What an overtly RACIST and RACE BAITING meme.

@Soosiecontinuously posts this type of meme.

They have appeared before in other threads.

You might ask on what basis that I highlight her RACIAL ANIMUS toward BLACKS?

Because there are more WHITE children living in poverty, and there are more HISPANIC children living in poverty... but a picture of BLACK children was selected.

The purpose of selecting a picture of BLACK children was a weak attempt at convincing the BLACK ELECTORATE that DEMOCRATS have abandoned them.

The DEMOCRATS and THE BLACK ELECTORATE both know this is nothing but RACE BAITING pure and simple.

It is the same type of RACE BAITING that RACIST Trump used in his "WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE" speech.

@Soosie, you should be ashamed of using a meme like the one above.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 89 of 101

As if any of these white supremacists have ever cared for children that they don't considered white?
We have seen how they treat people of color and people of a biracial status. they infest this country, those are Trump's words. not mine.

no name
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 90 of 101

TemperMental67:  False premise. 

This is not an “either or” situation. Liberals care about them all, and conservatives seem to care about none of them. 

Exactly. They care more about being seen as heartless xenophobic ghouls willing to cage children than the act itself.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors