Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OUR CHILDREN

Message 91 of 101
If you are so envious of a discounted phone (it was never free, since the program’s inception in 1985) you need to envy the entirety of someone’s economic situation. @tempermental.........They can get off their lazy rump and go to work each day like I do. I am way past retirement age, but I believe in earning my own as long as I am able.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 101

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

False premise. 

This is not an “either or” situation. Liberals care about them all, and conservatives seem to care about none of them. 

Liberals said they were worried about the debt when Trump lowered the taxes yet Obama doubled the debt in only eight years and did nothing positive. Seems that liberals only care about whatever is the hate de jour and especially when it goes against an idea Trump is pushing.

When we have all kinds of poor here that don't get help (teach them to fish - not handouts) and the libs are worried about illegal aliens?????????????

No. Liberals are not screaming about debt. They are screaming about conservatives’ hypocrisy when it comes to debt. 

If you are so envious of a discounted phone (it was never free, since the program’s inception in 1985) you need to envy the entirety of someone’s economic situation.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 101

Ahhhhh, Soosie, Soosie.  You get some of it right, but not the whole shebang.

It is everyone's obligation to care for all the children.  Not just some and not just for today.  Don't and, as a species, we die. No one human or faction composed of humans can be the arbiter of who that may be. Not ethically and morally. 

The children are our only assured immortality provided they survive. All else is supposition.  Take away what they need and will need and we destroy our future for our immediate gratification.  Those willing to do that are worse than the worst pedophile there ever was.

You can't do this all by yourself because you are altruistic.  You can't expect others to do as you do or think others should do. I think you know that. 

It will take us all to take care of what needs doing. It's a big, big job now. An altruist, no matter how wealthy, can only set an example, not solve the problem.  All the costs in a society must be met by those who use its resources for their own purposes, however that happens.  That would be human resources as well as oil and gas and water and air and so on and on.  Such things really do not 'belong' to them.

When some cannot or will not 'pony up', society itself must determine how the inequity is fairly resolved. There simply are too many individuals, in any society I know of, willing to get what they can, when they can, while they can. Although I know we disagree about a lot of things, I really do think you know that too.....so don't ignore it as though it isn't there.

It all has to be paid for by someone, somewhere, sometime. Most of these people are migrants out of necessity.  Neither emigrants nor immigrants.  Unless the driving force behind that migration is successfully resolved so migration is no longer necessary, they will keep coming...and coming and coming.  You know that too.  A wall won't stop it.  Never has and never will.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 101

@Soosie wrote:

Why isn't this group up in arms over these children? They are our children and they are in need.

Soosie,  Soosie, please, don't play the victim game. when in hades have this society has ever cared for the Negroes  of this country.?  Many still think that they are descendants of monkeys and that slavery was a good thing.  Please,  don't try to be so caring for people that have never been anything to many Americans.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 101

@ManicProgressive wrote:

False premise. 

This is not an “either or” situation. Liberals care about them all, and conservatives seem to care about none of them. 

Liberals said they were worried about the debt when Trump lowered the taxes yet Obama doubled the debt in only eight years and did nothing positive. Seems that liberals only care about whatever is the hate de jour and especially when it goes against an idea Trump is pushing.

When we have all kinds of poor here that don't get help (teach them to fish - not handouts) and the libs are worried about illegal aliens?????????????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 101

False premise. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 101

@ Soosie

I wonder myself when we have always Rep. as well as Dem. you can not say it was or is a Dem. problem, have always given to Foreign Countries and not fed Our Homeless and Our Hungry.

But as said above: ‎
The Democrats do care about the poor , but the Republican's demand more Tax Cuts for the Wealthy , so our Tax Revenue keeps shrinking , so the Rich can get Richer !!!

Wait until you feel the pending Republican Cuts to your Medicare , Medicaid and Social Security, so the top 1% can have their cake and eat it too !!

Our Struggling Senior's , Disabled and Poor are just too costly for today'

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 101
The Democrats do care about the poor , but the Republican's demand more Tax Cuts for the Wealthy , so our Tax Revenue keeps shrinking , so the Rich can get Richer !!!

Wait until you feel the pending Republican Cuts to your Medicare , Medicaid and Social Security Soosie , so the top 1% can have their cake and eat it too !!!
Yup , our Struggling Senior's , Disabled and Poor are just too costly for today's Plutocratic GOP.---------@mandm84...........Am I understanding correctly about your reply? Let me see, it costs nothing for you to complain and put up posts about the poor children that are separated from the parents who crossed into the country illegally, BUT, unless you get a huge raise in your social security, the poor children in the US can just suffer because it would hurt you to give. I thought people who care gave until it hurts. I do. I am not wealthy, but I give til it hurts. Can't take it with me. I think your needle has gotten stuck on the recording.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 101

Wait until you feel the pending Republican Cuts to your Medicare , Medicaid and Social Security Soosie , so the top 1% can have their cake and eat it too !!!

Yup , our Struggling Senior's , Disabled and Poor are just too costly for today's Plutocratic GOP.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 101

Why isn't this group up in arms over these children? They are our children and they are in need.

Kudos
Views