Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OPEN YOUR WALLETS AMERICA - AGAIN

Message 2 of 11

@mandm84 wrote:

Soosie and NOT , Border Patrol apprehensions at our Mexican Border the past 10 years have been the lowest since 1970. Facts matter when they're facts.

Where are you getting your information?  You posted no link to support your claim.

Here is what Jeh Johnson said back in March.  Also yesterday there were more than 1000 at one single moment.

Former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson is breathing a sigh of relief that his time overseeing border security issues is long gone.

“When I was in office at Kirstjen Nielsen’s job, at her desk, I’d get to work around 6:30 in the morning and there’d be my intelligence book, sitting on my desk,” Mr. Johnson told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” crew on Friday. “The PDB and also the apprehension numbers from the day before. And I’d look at them every morning — and my staff will tell you if it was under 1,000 apprehensions the day before that was a relatively good number. And if it was above 1,000 that was a relatively bad number and I was going to be in a bad mood the whole day.”

Mr. Johnson then pivoted to what he now sees as a giant conundrum.

“On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions,” he said. “I know that a thousand overwhelms the system. I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like, so we are truly in a crisis.”

“On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions,” he said. “I know that a thousand overwhelms the system. I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like, so we are truly in a crisis.”

The Obama-era official’s comments come in conjunction with Mr. Trump’s threat to close the U.S. border with Mexico to trade if Mexican officials assert some semblance of control over the flow of people.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/29/jeh-johnson-says-border-crisis-is-real-i-cannot-be/

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

NOTHAPPENING: 

I heard a shocking report that said each illegal alien cost the U.S. government $100,000 per year to house, take care of, and feed.

That would be shocking if it were true. It isn't.

Fact check: How much does illegal immigration cost America? Not nearly as much as Trump claims.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-how-much-does-illegal-immigration-cost-amer...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

Donny Bonespurs is influenced by The Center for Immigration Studies because he's a Moron. Since 1985, they have failed to produce a single article or study that made it into a peer-review journal, but they concoct fables that distort reality in a Republican manner, so GOPers never bother to check what they spew preferring to just repost it in the hope other bigots will do the same.

The cost per kid per day is now $695/kid/day or $253,675/year for just ONE child, and the cost of keeping an adult in one of Der Trumper's Konzentrationslager

is around $320/inmate.day.

Republicans do not care what it costs, because they are assured conditions will be as miserable as possible, because that's what Cadet Bonespurs does for them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/new-front-in-trade-war-could-cost-consumers-dollar93-billion...

As If the China Trade War  wasn't enough !! The Stock Market just loves Stable moves like these.

I heard a shocking report that said each illegal alien cost the U.S. government $100,000 per year to house, take care of, and feed. At about 1 million illegal entries (probably on the low side), this means an expenditure of $100 billion U.S. dollars.

The Democrats seem to like wasting money and they could be instrumental in fixing this problem but they seem to think it is a nothingburger.

WRONG! The cost of keeping a refugee family during the Obama Administration was a couple hundred bucks per family - that being the outlay to keep track of their ankle bracelets and to process their applications for asylum.

Only when Republicans demanded we rip the infants from their mother's arms, deport the mothers and then shell out $695 per day per kid (up from $670/kid/day) to keep them in for-profit Concentration Camps disguised as vacant Walmarts did the cost of border security become onerous - so now thanks to the moron ToadPOTUS, each year of confining a refugee child is costing taxpayers $253,675 and the parents who are not immediately deported cost about half that amount. The morons in the GOP who think this is a great idea should consider just building each refugee family a very nice home, furnishing it and GIVING IT TO THEM instead of shelling out the same amount with NOTHING to show for it. That would be 1000% improvement over the current system as it would employ an Army of homebuilders and sales clerks at lumber and hardware stores instead of lining the pockets of a dozen Uberrich Kamp Kommandants.

There is a good reason Cadet Bonespurs LOST over $1,000,000,000.00 trying to manage his business -HE'S A MORON! If Putin had not arranged his baliout back in the 1990's, he'd be roasting squirrels over a trashcan fire.

if the cost of descendants is included, then the net fiscal drain raises to $94,391 — $103,826 in 2018 dollars.

https://cis.org/Camarota/Can-Wall-Pay-Itself-Update

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11
a gentle reminder, the right, NEVER lets the facts get in the way of their thinking.....
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/new-front-in-trade-war-could-cost-consumers-dollar93-billion...

As If the China Trade War  wasn't enough !! The Stock Market just loves Stable moves like these.

I heard a shocking report that said each illegal alien cost the U.S. government $100,000 per year to house, take care of, and feed. At about 1 million illegal entries (probably on the low side), this means an expenditure of $100 billion U.S. dollars.

The Democrats seem to like wasting money and they could be instrumental in fixing this problem but they seem to think it is a nothingburger.

WRONG! The cost of keeping a refugee family during the Obama Administration was a couple hundred bucks per family - that being the outlay to keep track of their ankle bracelets and to process their applications for asylum.

Only when Republicans demanded we rip the infants from their mother's arms, deport the mothers and then shell out $695 per day per kid (up from $670/kid/day) to keep them in for-profit Concentration Camps disguised as vacant Walmarts did the cost of border security become onerous - so now thanks to the moron ToadPOTUS, each year of confining a refugee child is costing taxpayers $253,675 and the parents who are not immediately deported cost about half that amount. The morons in the GOP who think this is a great idea should consider just building each refugee family a very nice home, furnishing it and GIVING IT TO THEM instead of shelling out the same amount with NOTHING to show for it. That would be 1000% improvement over the current system as it would employ an Army of homebuilders and sales clerks at lumber and hardware stores instead of lining the pockets of a dozen Uberrich Kamp Kommandants.

There is a good reason Cadet Bonespurs LOST over $1,000,000,000.00 trying to manage his business -HE'S A MORON! If Putin had not arranged his baliout back in the 1990's, he'd be roasting squirrels over a trashcan fire.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Soosie and NOT , Border Patrol apprehensions at our Mexican Border the past 10 years have been the lowest since 1970. Facts matter when they're facts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

I guess I will never understand this thinking.  The illegals are OK with the left.  Doesn't matter what they cost.  Tarriffs are bad to them.  Let the stock market shift and they have a cow.  Looks like all would matter to them, not just what their brain selects for the day.

What I really think is most of what happens here is brought on by boredom.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors