Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ONCE AGAIN, A VETERAN IS INVOLVED IN A MASS KILLING

Message 41 of 61

Why not bring up Clinton ? Because he's not our President !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 61

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Are you saying that military service makes a person more prone to attacks like this?

What I am saying is that 7% of the population has committed 34% of the mass killings since 1984.

That 7% is MILITARY VETERANS.

Do you have any ideas why that is the case????

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 61

@nctarheel wrote:

However....... There is still the statistically valid anomaly that 7% of the population (VETERANS) have committed 34% of the MASS KILLINGS since 1984.

That flies in the face of your quote that MILITARY VETERANS are no less prone to lethal violence than the general population.

Are you saying that military service makes a person more prone to attacks like this?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 61

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There were around 20.4 million Veterans in the United States as of 2016 according to the Department of Veterans.  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/10/the-changing-face-of-americas-veteran-population/

"Several studies and data from the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics show no evidence that military veterans — including those who witnessed or waged combat in Iraq and Afghanistan — are more prone to lethal violence than the general population."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/veterans/sd-me-veterans-violence-20170109-story.html

It might be noted that this coming Sunday, November 11 is Veterans Day, but observed on Monday, November 12.

The approaching VETERANS DAY is duly noted and thank you for your service.

However....... There is still the statistically valid anomaly that 7% of the population (VETERANS) have committed 34% of the MASS KILLINGS since 1984.

That flies in the face of your quote that MILITARY VETERANS are no less prone to lethal violence than the general population.

How can it be explained other than many MILITARY VETERANS leave service needing assistance with MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and don't receive the help they need.

What other explanation can there be?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You don't know that he killed because he was a veteran.

Where did you get that I said he killed BECAUSE HE WAS A VETERAN?

My thesis is that VETERANS make up a higher percentage of MASS KILLERS than they do of the GENERAL POPULATION.

My thesis goes on to state that the money wasted sending ACTIVE TROOPS to the border could be better used to address MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES of our service men and women.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 61

@angeleyes64 wrote:

IT IS A LIFE THEY HAVE COME BACK TO THAT THEY DID NOT CHOOSE, NOT a life that a war is causing them so much pain and anguish. The BRAVE Veterans did serve our Country, many volunteering, but not for the aftermath of a WAR.

Of course the topic here has nothing to do with Trump but an isolated incident of one veteran out of tens of thousands.   There are most of us who came home to lead a normal life like we left behind to serve our country.  My opinion is that even without the military service there would be those who would have a tendency for incidents like this.  Recall those kids involved in the school shootings.  There was nothing about military to do with their massacres.

Combat veterans have a support system of their fellow soldiers to deal with the stress, unless one is a 'loner' who rejects the system.

BTW, if you are going to bring up Trump, then why not Clinton who gamed the system to avoid being drafted?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 61

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There were around 20.4 million Veterans in the United States as of 2016 according to the Department of Veterans.  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/10/the-changing-face-of-americas-veteran-population/

"Several studies and data from the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics show no evidence that military veterans — including those who witnessed or waged combat in Iraq and Afghanistan — are more prone to lethal violence than the general population."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/veterans/sd-me-veterans-violence-20170109-story.html

It might be noted that this coming Sunday, November 11 is Veterans Day, but observed on Monday, November 12.

The left wants to conclude that all veterans are doing the mass shootings and maybe he was just celebrating Veteran's Day a little early.

You mean that's not how it works? I could have sworn we have an entire ban on Muslims from many countries entering the US because some Muslims have been terrorists. You know, you judge the many by the actions of the few? Isn't that how you righties do it? 

[puzzled]

You better hope NOT since doing that, one would conclude that Democrats are likely killers in cities!

What large city do you live in?

I won't live in any city plagued by liberal Democrats. What large city do you live in?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 61

@ nctarheel

Maybe TRUMP needs to save the money he is wasting on the POLITICALLY MOTIVATED MILITARY STUNT at the border and apply those MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars toward the MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES of those that have SERVED OUR COUNTRY.

Not having served in the Military because of his 5 bone spurs, he has not a clue what these men esp. those in a war zone have seen and done. The PTSD is rampid in this Country and this Bozo wants parades, walls, more guns and not helping get safer guns for the dam ones we have. He needs to attend to their needs, and not what HE WANTS for himself all the time. But will he care enough to do it?

IT IS A LIFE THEY HAVE COME BACK TO THAT THEY DID NOT CHOOSE, NOT a life that a war is causing them so much pain and anguish. The BRAVE Veterans did serve our Country, many volunteering, but not for the aftermath of a WAR. Almost anything he has to say per a veteran is degrading in my eyes, because he has NOT one clue about a war and what it does to these men. I have lived with the aftermath for many, he has not. In my eyes he does not care enough to help them.                             IMO

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The left wants to conclude that all veterans are doing the mass shootings and maybe he was just celebrating Veteran's Day a little early.

You mean that's not how it works? I could have sworn we have an entire ban on Muslims from many countries entering the US because some Muslims have been terrorists. You know, you judge the many by the actions of the few? Isn't that how you righties do it? 

[puzzled]

You better hope NOT since doing that, one would conclude that Democrats are likely killers in cities!

What large city do you live in?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 61

@H2Oh wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

[puzzled]

Kudos
Views