Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OBAMACARE

Message 61 of 74

I will admit without any shame that in a way I am smiling regarding any of this. I have stated too many times that the people in the US  need to feel the effects of having Trump as President. and perhaps this is one of the things that will wake many up and see what they will now have to deal with and this will be  their own lives. and their health insurance.

People need to feel the facts and the actions of this Administration and to day they they nave not.

Between the economy that is slowing down and so is all our retirement accounts, and now this health care issue. and the prices going up on all the things b because or the tariff,. and everything that is coming and soon. 

Perhaps then, they will understands that you don't simply go to a poll and vote, You as a citizen need to understand the consequences of your vote.

I am pleased and happy that I am too old to care, but for those younger than I am . sorry, guys you will suffer a lot before this is all over.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 74

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

No  one has bothered to answer  my question which is. Has a Federal Judge the power to override  what the Supreme Court ruled  regarding the mandate?  How come now is unconstitutional when Chief Justice Roberts said it was constit8utional?

“The individual mandate cannot be upheld as an exercise of Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause,” Roberts wrote. “That Clause authorizes Congress to regulate interstate commerce, not to order individuals to engage in it. In this case, however, it is reasonable to construe what Congress has done as increasing taxes on those who have a certain amount of income, but choose to go without health insurance. Such legislation is within Congress’s power to tax.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/supreme-court-health-care-decision_n_1585131.html

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

No  one has bothered to answer  my question which is. Has a Federal Judge the power to override  what the Supreme Court ruled  regarding the mandate?  How come now is unconstitutional when Chief Justice Roberts said it was constit8utional?

“The individual mandate cannot be upheld as an exercise of Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause,” Roberts wrote. “That Clause authorizes Congress to regulate interstate commerce, not to order individuals to engage in it. In this case, however, it is reasonable to construe what Congress has done as increasing taxes on those who have a certain amount of income, but choose to go without health insurance. Such legislation is within Congress’s power to tax.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/supreme-court-health-care-decision_n_1585131.html

I see what you write, but I still don't have an answer  except what many seem to think that will happen in the future.

Again, My question is does a Federal Judge has the right to override a Supreme Court Action?

Obamacare has not been challenged since the Trump GOP Tax Break for the Already Rich & Famous Became Law

Obamacare could no longer stand now that there's no penalty for Americans who don't buy insurance.

The U.S. Supreme Court had upheld the law in 2012, by classifying the legislation as a tax. But since Congress removed the individual mandate in 2017, O’Connor ruled, there's no way the ACA can be allowed to stand.

"The Individual Mandate can no longer be fairly read as an exercise of Congress's Tax Power and is still impermissible under the Interstate Commerce Clause — meaning the Individual Mandate is unconstitutional," O'Connor wrote. "The Individual Mandate is essential to and inseverable from the remainder of the ACA."

Without the system being upheld by a wide pool of mandated participants, the ACA cannot stand, O'Connor ruled.

So Yes & No - A Federal Judge Cannot Override the Supreme Court unless something germaine in the Law has changed 

The Trump GOP Giveaway to the Rich Tax Bill - Changed Part of Obamacare - The Individual Mandate was Considered a Tax Law - so the Judge isn't overriding the Supreme Court - he's responding to a New Challenge because of the GOP Controlled Congresses messing with Obamacare 

His Ruling Will Be Appealed - if the Supreme Court agrees with the Judge - thats probably a Good Thing - Guarantees both Trump and the GOP Majority in the Senate will be History

Americans are just starting to feel the Pain from the GOP giving Carte Blanche on Healthcare back to Insurance Companies - people are once again getting astronomical healthcare bills for Pre-existing conditions that are No Longer a Guarantee to be Covered

A Friend of mine and my Wife just had Total Knees - if they ever need them replaced again or there was a issue a few years from now - they will have to pay out of pocket - a Total Knee is a Pre-existing condition - it's useful life is 20 years in a Normal Active Adult -

Here is the Bill

Total Knee Bill.png

Source - Micks Photo Archives

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 74

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I see what you write, but I still don't have an answer  except what many seem to think that will happen in the future.

Again, My question is does a Federal Judge has the right to override a Supreme Court Action?

The Supreme Court ruled that the ACA individual mandate was a tax, and since Congress has the right to impose taxes, the ACA was constitutional.

Since that ruling, Trump and the republicans in Congress have stripped the individual mandate from the ACA legislation. So the judge in Texas declared that since the individual mandate is gone, that the ACA is now unconstitutional.

So, I guess we'll get to see whether Susan Collins was lying when she said Kavanaugh wouldn't vote to gut the ACA, and it'll get to play out a lot sooner than a lot of people thought.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 74

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 74

America's new-look conservative-leaning US Supreme Court looks set to rule next year whether to overturn Barack Obama's flagship Obamacare policy.

The highest court in America is expected to consider Mr Obama's signature political legacy after a judge in Texas declared it unconstitutional.

Donald Trump, who tipped the balance in the court with controversial appointments, called the Texas ruling "Great news for America!" and said Obamacare was an "unconstitutional disaster".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/15/obamacare-considered-new-look-us-supreme-court-texas-jud...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 74

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 74

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 74

THE MOST IMPORATANT THING HEALTHCARE CONSUMERS NEED TO KNOW TODAY

Obamacare.png

Source - mickstuders email

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 74

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The judge ruled that the portion of the bill that made it mandatory to purchase health insurance or be "fined" was unconstitutional. This ruling (I'm sure) will be challenged by the left.

Doesn't really matter - Republicans voted to end the mandate, insurance companies said all along that without the mandate, coverage for pre-exicting conditions would be "unaffordable", and that slimyGOPer move has already caused the biggest premium increases since PPACA became law.

Of course trumpettes cheer such actions because they falsly believe only the very poor will be harmed, but they are mistaken as will become obvious when they see next years premium hikes.

This Trumpette knows that the poor have and have had their own program - Medicaid. There is no need to fold the productive into one big socialized medicine scheme. If Medicaid needs adjustment - adjust it.

Very interesting. Medical care provided under Medicaid is paid for by the Government - Federal and State. "Obamacare" is PRIVATE insurance with some of the premiums receiving Federal subsidity. So our resident antiGovernment poster desires to expand A GOVERNMENT OPTION! Good for you! Universal single payer is the only rational solution, and you came to the same conclusion, tho now its been pointed out, you MAY change your mind.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 74

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The judge ruled that the portion of the bill that made it mandatory to purchase health insurance or be "fined" was unconstitutional. This ruling (I'm sure) will be challenged by the left.

Doesn't really matter - Republicans voted to end the mandate, insurance companies said all along that without the mandate, coverage for pre-exicting conditions would be "unaffordable", and that slimyGOPer move has already caused the biggest premium increases since PPACA became law.

Of course trumpettes cheer such actions because they falsly believe only the very poor will be harmed, but they are mistaken as will become obvious when they see next years premium hikes.

This Trumpette knows that the poor have and have had their own program - Medicaid. There is no need to fold the productive into one big socialized medicine scheme. If Medicaid needs adjustment - adjust it.

Amen! The poor have their program (Medicaid), the seniors have their program (Medicare), and the rest of society have their programs (private paid for insurance)!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors