Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OBAMA WAS CORRECT ON THIS

Message 1 of 4

Being the confrontational person that I am.  I only see the things that need to be fixed . and not sugar coat them.
I will criticized both Republicans and Democrats as I see fit. hoping that people become less narrow minded and instead of sticking to their beliefs take a look at other solutions and ways of serving this country better.
You are correct, Trump has delivered what he said that he was going to do. but also is delivering things that I find dangerous for our Democracy.
Like the fact tht he is now fighint the world order and putting Russia in a position of power that we all know he shouldn't have.
So what will be the consequences of those actions.? Are American  looking at any of that, and stop being short sighted in just  looking at th internal  issuea and look at the world in general.
We need allies, we need NATO we need to curb the expansionidm that  Putin wants to insitute. I consider that one of the most dangerous thing that will happen and that Trump in his ignorance will provide the Russians.
So will American sell their souls for a tax cut and a Judicial system that they embrace for the future of the world as it  may turn out with Putin at its helm?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Will Americans be able to see any of this,? @Rker... So many Americans only see circumstances from their own limited view. I liked this cartoon because it shows that our elected Government tends to do exactly as we the people do. See things from their own limited view. Have you ever watched a newly elected official who is "gung ho" and going to change things in the system? I love watching them campaign with promises their mouth delivers and their rump can't produce. If they are not corrupt going in, give them time. We, the people have an opportunity to make change, but instead bitterness and hatred weigh many down and there is no real "buy in" on an individual basis. Also, and I think you have said this also, "A country divided cannot succeed." I see people post here about the few issues that affect them. They can't seem to think of the broad picture. They can throw out descriptions of problems, but don't dare ask them about ideas for solutions. If you do, the board goes quite. I don't have answers for so many problems, but by golly I am going to enjoy the life I have. One of the reasons Trump has been successful is the fact that he produces. No matter than some hate him, he doesn't give a rat's patoot. He is going to do what he set out to do and what he promised. Now, do I totally agree with him,?No, but I do accept the fact that he is President just as I accepted the Presidents of the past. I realize I have wondered everywhere with this post, but after all, I am a SENIOR.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

In politics   I have two principal beliefs.
1.- We will always end up with the government that we deserve
2.- That elections have consequences.
As a moderate Republican, I will have to admit that the Democrats have no idea on how to win elections. and they do have the results of that lack of knowledge.
The Republicans have paid a lot of attention more than the Democrats  to   the judicial system. Democrats , who gets elected   to be President/
So now we have the two most important premises that the Republicans have always wanted become a reality.
A judicial system that will provide them with the laws that they want to see. andt he Tax law of their dreams.
So, how do you actually fight any of that?

By actually saying ok you won that fight but you canno sell your country in the manner that Trump is selling this country. 
By allying himself with Putin and his agenda. Destroying the EU  coalition. and destroying NATO
Those two things are more important that all the tax cuts in the US and all the Justices that you can put to provide you with the laws that you want to see.
Will Americans be able to see any of this,?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

OBAMA WAS CORRECT ON THIS

Message 4 of 4

Obama was correct on this one.jpg

Right on............