Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OBAMA SPEECHES

Message 1 of 9

I feel dismay, at the divisiveness that I am seeing right in this message board. why is it that people here cannot see what I see?

I couldn't care less if you are a Democrat or a Republican  are you an American? that is what is important.

the people that call themselves Republicans in the Senate and the HOuse,  have proven that they are either too scared of loosing their jobs that they are penalized in their actions. again, they are not Republicans please, please make that distinction. they are Trump Followers.

we cannot win, unless we unite, and if we cannot do that, then we will loose.
All of you that voted for Obama, heed his words, and acr as Americans.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@H2Oh
It just boils down to if your red, blue or inbetween, vote to save The Country. We need everyone to save Our Country, we are in a crisis and it is now up to us as a Country to save ourselves. Now is our chance and for the future of our Children and Grand Children we must do this, not just to say we beat The Donald, but we beat the Loss Of Our Country.

The Republicans don't care about the Country they care about MONEY, about their pockets being filled with gold., they have shown that the past yr and 1/2 by backing The Donald the most Corrupt President in History. They have allowed this to go on for the sake of their Party, not for the sake of our Country.

If people can not see and  hear for themselves just by that ONE NEWS CONFERENCE WITH PUTIN how The Donald backs Putin, they are totally lost and will never change their minds. They are looking at this as Republicans and not as Americans and as saving this Great Country.

We MUST all get out and vote, we MUST not let the most Corrupt, Indecent, Communist Loving Leader in all Time, as well as marrying into a Communist Family, continue to make this into a Communist like Dictator led Country. If he does, we are forever lost, and will never be able to Be Great Again.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@H2Oh wrote:

To me, Dems are Charlie Brown. And the GOP is Lucy with the football. Will I fight for America? Absolutely. Will I trust a Republican to fight beside me? Not a chance.

Wrong,  I a, a Republican and I will fight with you, for the institution of this Democracy and the values by we  stand. and believe me, there are a lot of Republicans that are not blind and are seeing what I see. and we will fight with you As Americans, 

no name
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

I agree with the blue. Absolutely.

The only problem is that Republicans today have no interest in saving the country. Their primary goal is, and has been since 1980, to transfer the wealth and power of the country into the hands of a few oligarchs. 

And they've succeeded. 

Some people say there are still Republicans out there in the Eisenhower style, but that if that's true, then they're equally to blame with the Trump-era GOP because they've kept their mouths shut and let this crisis happen.

So I think of this fight as less Dems and GOP fighting together, and more as Dems, independents, new young voters, new minority voters and people who never bothered voting before finally pulling together in this emergency.

Again  those Republicans in Congress and in the HOuse are not Republicans they belong to the Trump Party. and not to the party of Lincoln
I have no problem with your disagreement with the Republican Party platform that is your right. but again, this is not the  moment to fight that issue. 

This is a lot more important that any political party platform. and we all need to understand that. This is about our Democracy, this is about freedom of speech, freedom of the press this is about what has happened to our institution and the erosion of trust that exists today.

put aside in a private box your Democratic Party ideas and please, only think as an American, at least until we can deal with the catastrophe that os coming if we don't

I appreciate your optimism. And maybe you're right. 

But after decades of watching this country sink lower and lower in wealth and power, always at the hands of Republicans ...  after years of seeing lies, smear campaigns and barely-suppressed racism used successfully to elect GOP politicians... I'm a skeptic. 

To me, Dems are Charlie Brown. And the GOP is Lucy with the football. Will I fight for America? Absolutely. Will I trust a Republican to fight beside me? Not a chance.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@H2Oh wrote:

The only problem is that Republicans today have no interest in saving the country. Their primary goal is, and has been since 1980, to transfer the wealth and power of the country into the hands of a few oligarchs. 

And they've succeeded. 

Some people say there are still Republicans out there in the Eisenhower style, but that if that's true, then they're equally to blame with the Trump-era GOP because they've kept their mouths shut and let this crisis happen.

So I think of this fight as less Dems and GOP fighting together, and more as Dems, independents, new young voters, new minority voters and people who never bothered voting before finally pulling together in this emergency.

Again  those Republicans in Congress and in the HOuse are not Republicans they belong to the Trump Party. and not to the party of Lincoln
I have no problem with your disagreement with the Republican Party platform that is your right. but again, this is not the  moment to fight that issue. 

This is a lot more important that any political party platform. and we all need to understand that. This is about our Democracy, this is about freedom of speech, freedom of the press this is about what has happened to our institution and the erosion of trust that exists today.

put aside in a private box your Democratic Party ideas and please, only think as an American, at least until we can deal with the catastrophe that os coming if we don't

no name
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Although  I have criticized Obama  too many times in this message board.  I have to say, that his speeches have been a breath of fresh air. and a return to the American values that we wll know and respect.

Many of you  chastised me when I wrote  that "TRUMP  IS US   thread, and in a way, Obama sort of said the same thing using different words.

TRUMp  IS NOT THE CAUSE HE IS THE SYMPTOM.
I have criticized many Democrats in this message board for attacking Trump and not his policies, and now Obama is saying what I have been trying to bring up to the forefront.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRAT OR A REPUBLICAN ISSUE , THIS IS AN AMERICAN ISSUE.
Too many times I have condemned the action of demonizing the entire Republican Party which unfortunately has ceased to exist.
I have in other threads compare what happened in Cuba with what is happening today and the similarities of the actions of Fidel Castro and Trump.  and again.  Yes, this is  not Cuba but the actions of autocratic types of governments have been quite similar in this country. 
I am nos saying that I am  more intelligent or knowledgeable than many of you, On the contrary, too  many in this forum are a lot more intelligent and knowledgeable that I could ever be. but.

I have and advantage  BEEN THERE DONE THAT.
 So, again, fight as Americans and not as Democrats of Republicans, fight for your country because it is in danger.

And they've succeeded. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

NC  I will disagree with you. This is not about Obama, and I think he made that quite clear. This is about America.
Whatever Obama did during his tenure or didn't do. is past history, and now, we are at a different time and place.

Listen to his words, this is not about Democrats in the Senate or in the House, this is about this country and its values, this is about our Democracy.

Please, do really study his word.s 

no name
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

OBAMA is the message of INCLUSION and TRUMP is the message of DIVISION.

It is evident in their policies and life styles.

Obama got MORE PEOPLE covered by health insurance; Trump separated families and but babies in cages.

Obama had a diverse White House staff; TRUMP has the WHITEST White House staff in recent history.

Obama's family is an example of the well adjusted, tight knit nuclear family; Trump's family is a poster child for dysfunction, cheating, and low morals.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

OBAMA SPEECHES

Message 9 of 9

Although  I have criticized Obama  too many times in this message board.  I have to say, that his speeches have been a breath of fresh air. and a return to the American values that we wll know and respect.

Many of you  chastised me when I wrote  that "TRUMP  IS US   thread, and in a way, Obama sort of said the same thing using different words.

TRUMp  IS NOT THE CAUSE HE IS THE SYMPTOM.
I have criticized many Democrats in this message board for attacking Trump and not his policies, and now Obama is saying what I have been trying to bring up to the forefront.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRAT OR A REPUBLICAN ISSUE , THIS IS AN AMERICAN ISSUE.
Too many times I have condemned the action of demonizing the entire Republican Party which unfortunately has ceased to exist.
I have in other threads compare what happened in Cuba with what is happening today and the similarities of the actions of Fidel Castro and Trump.  and again.  Yes, this is  not Cuba but the actions of autocratic types of governments have been quite similar in this country. 
I am nos saying that I am  more intelligent or knowledgeable than many of you, On the contrary, too  many in this forum are a lot more intelligent and knowledgeable that I could ever be. but.

I have and advantage  BEEN THERE DONE THAT.
 So, again, fight as Americans and not as Democrats of Republicans, fight for your country because it is in danger.

no name
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors