Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: O'Reilly Rips 'Blatantly Dishonest' Media Coverage of Immigration

Message 1 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

You posted,,

""Hmmm...no definition of what crimes they had been convicted. I notice a glaring lack of the word "Felony". If we are talking parking tickets, I am gonna' be deported too. "'

FYI a parking ticket is not a felony.

Ah, but that is the point. Your quote from O'Reilly did not mention the word "felony" only  "convicted".  I have been "convicted" so I must be in the same boat. Could it be the right is starting to see how O'Reilly and friends are manipulating words to mislead them? No? Pity. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23
Rich posted..

Or....25% of those taken into custody had no convictions and let quite, tax paying lives.

Hmmm...no definition of what crimes they had been convicted. I notice a glaring lack of the word "Felony". If we are talking parking tickets, I am gonna' be deported too.

"Associated with criminals"? My neighbor was arrested for marijuana possession. He and I have talked on the front lawn, does that mean I have "associated with criminals"? Yep, it sure does and I should be deported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grasping at straws ...FYI the subject of this thread is "O'Reilly Rips 'Blatantly Dishonest' Media Coverage of Immigration".

FYI In 2015 under the Obama administration 41% of deported were non criminals ...source government records per ABC Nightly News Sunday February 12th 2017.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You posted,,

""Hmmm...no definition of what crimes they had been convicted. I notice a glaring lack of the word "Felony". If we are talking parking tickets, I am gonna' be deported too. "'

FYI a parking ticket is not a felony.

Good to hear from you.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/13/bill-oreilly-talking-points-memo-immigration-raids-president-t...

In his Talking Points Memo tonight, Bill O'Reilly reacted to federal immigration officials arresting more than 600 people across at least 11 states last week, and how the story has been covered by the mainstream media.

O'Reilly explained that the coordinated raids targeted illegal immigrants who had committed crimes in the U.S., mostly felonies.

He noted that 75 percent of those taken into custody had convictions, including homicide and rape, and many of the arrested non-felons were associating with the criminals.

"But those facts have largely gone unreported by the American press and by the radical left, which is actively misleading you," O'Reilly said.

===================================================

O'Relliy is spot on...for people that believe in the truth it worth reading and watching.  

Or....25% of those taken into custody had no convictions and let quite, tax paying lives.  

Hmmm...no definition of what crimes they had been convicted. I notice a glaring lack of the word "Felony". If we are talking parking tickets, I am gonna' be deported too. 

"Associated with criminals"?  My neighbor was arrested for marijuana possession. He and I have talked on the front lawn, does that mean I have "associated with criminals"? Yep, it sure does and I should be deported. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

mickstuder mposted..

Again, your post exposes your stereotyping of others

1. Watching the news and being programmed by or agreeing with what you are watching are two different things

Oreilly, as you probably know spends a lot of time in Liberal New York and Massachusetts where I was born and raised - we are the same age and he went to B U & Harvard and is a character I find interesting so I follow his rants and raves occasionaley

2. Brian Williams & Chris Mathews are probably what you would characterize as left-leaning and I personally find them both less credible than Oreilly

Many People listen to the news but only hear what they are for or aqainst - everything else is background noise

3. I'm assuming you watch only Fox so my question would be - certainly Fox wouldn;t be criticizing ICE and their activities under Obama so how are you qualified to make a distinction about what the Liberal Media did or did not do or cover or say regarding ICE under Obama

Monday afternoon, dozens of protesters marched in the city's West Side to the western suburbs, which is about a 10 mile trek from Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood to a prayer vigil in Berwyn.

=====================================================

1. I see many that seem to be programed...almost all are from the left..some on this board.

2. So?

3. Your assumption is very wrong but many from the left say that I get my news from FOX. I try to watch part of the O'Reilly program because it has issues that are discussed.. like on the Mclaughlin Group ..its good to hear what people have to say...many on the left do not have the ability to listen to anything they do not agree with.

I watch CBS, NBC, ABS and MSNBC.

You are all over the board ...this thread is about the Blatantly Dishonest' Media Coverage of Immigration.

Its time I move on.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of mickstuder's long post...

You are assuming I never watch Fox or O'reilly which is untrue - I always want to know what both sides are thinking..............................before I decide

The issue here for me is not so much - one media outlets bias - but what citizens beleive the role of The Media is in the First Place

==============================================

- From your posts I assumed you do not watch Fox or O'reilly.

- This thread is about one thing....the blatantly dishonest media coverage of immigration.

ICE under Trump is doing the same as they did under Obama. But to the liberal left wing media leads one that is uninformed on this subject to think ICE under Trump is tearing families apart etc. And because of that the radical left wing media has people demonstrating and showing women crying because of what ICE has been doing for years...I never saw them demonstrating in mass against Obama's ICE.

1. Watching the news and being programmed by or agreeing with what you are watching are two different things

Oreilly, as you probably know spends a lot of time in Liberal New York and Massachusetts where I was born and raised - we are the same age and he went to B U & Harvard and is a character I find interesting so I follow his rants and raves occasionaley

2. Brian Williams & Chris Mathews are probably what you would characterize as left-leaning and I personally find them both less credible than Oreilly

Many People listen to the news but only hear what they are for or aqainst - everything else is background noise

3. I'm assuming you watch only Fox so my question would be - certainly Fox wouldn;t be criticizing ICE and their activities under Obama so how are qualified to make a distinction about what the Liberal Media did or did not do or cover or say regarding ICE under Obama

For Example - I can offer dozens more

Protestors against Obama.png

In the Chicago area and across the country Monday, there are protests against the deportation policies of President Obama, as protest groups say almost two million people have been deported by the Obama administration and they want it to stop.

Monday afternoon, dozens of protesters marched in the city's West Side to the western suburbs, which is about a 10 mile trek from Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood to a prayer vigil in Berwyn.

Chicago joined 40-plus cities across the country urging President Obama to put a stop to deportations and create some relief.

Individuals and families who have been affected by deportations lead the march in Chicago, urging the White House to put a stop to deportations.

Four years ago, Gaby Benitez's father was on his way to work when he was arrested and sent to a detention center. He is now back home, waiting to be deported.

"It broke my heart," she said. "I didn't know what to do. Four years now, we are still fighting my dad's case."

Organizers claim 1,100 people are deported daily and that by mid-April, President Obama will have carried out two million deportations, more than any other president in US history.

"We're creating orphans with parents," said Lawrence Benito, Coalition For Immigrant and Refugee Rights. "This needs to stop."

Source - http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9495326/

Thanks Mick for AGAIN demonstrating the so-called Right, just doesn't "get it".  O'Reilly should be ashamed of himself.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

You are assuming I never watch Fox or O'reilly which is untrue - I always want to know what both sides are thinking..............................before I decide

The issue here for me is not so much - one media outlets bias - but what citizens beleive the role of The Media is in the First Place

- This thread is about one thing....the blatantly dishonest media coverage of immigration.

ICE under Trump is doing the same as they did under Obama. But to the liberal left wing media leads one that is uninformed on this subject to think ICE under Trump is tearing families apart etc. And because of that the radical left wing media has people demonstrating and showing women crying because of what ICE has been doing for years...I never saw them demonstrating in mass against Obama's ICE.

3. I'm assuming you watch only Fox so my question would be - certainly Fox wouldn;t be criticizing ICE and their activities under Obama so how are you qualified to make a distinction about what the Liberal Media did or did not do or cover or say regarding ICE under Obama

Unless your just listening to Bill and what he's telling you - you should be upset about?

For Example - I can offer dozens more

Protestors against Obama.png

In the Chicago area and across the country Monday, there are protests against the deportation policies of President Obama, as protest groups say almost two million people have been deported by the Obama administration and they want it to stop.

Chicago joined 40-plus cities across the country urging President Obama to put a stop to deportations and create some relief.

Individuals and families who have been affected by deportations lead the march in Chicago, urging the White House to put a stop to deportations.

Four years ago, Gaby Benitez's father was on his way to work when he was arrested and sent to a detention center. He is now back home, waiting to be deported.

"It broke my heart," she said. "I didn't know what to do. Four years now, we are still fighting my dad's case."

Organizers claim 1,100 people are deported daily and that by mid-April, President Obama will have carried out two million deportations, more than any other president in US history.

"We're creating orphans with parents," said Lawrence Benito, Coalition For Immigrant and Refugee Rights. "This needs to stop."

Source - http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9495326/

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

Which should make anyone with half a brain realize why trump keeps saying that most of the journalists are providing "fake news".  He's clearly hiding something and I think now we all know what

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

A Comparison of the Media on current issue - Michael Flynn National Security Advisor

Flynn Lied - plain & simple and the Vice-President repeated the lie on National TV even after the Media had reported what Flynn said were lies

Investigative journalism created the conditions for Michael Flynn's resignation from his national security adviser post.

Journalists at The Washington Post, The New York Times and other outlets spoke with government officials who provided vital information about Flynn's contacts with Russia.

The sources insisted on anonymity, making it difficult to ascertain their agendas. But the sources caused journalists to dig for more and more details about Flynn's calls. One story became 10 stories, and 10 became a hundred.

"The only reason we're finding out about it now is because a patriot did leak this to The Washington Post, did get this information out there, or else we wouldn't even have known about it," Joe Scarborough said on MSNBC on Tuesday morning.

Evan Osnos of The New Yorker tweeted, "The Flynn story is a reminder of a big truth: Journalism lives. And principled public servants who got the story out are hidden heroes."

Another Trump administration critic, The Atlantic senior editor David Frum, wrote, "Tonight's resignation reminds both why patriots should cherish a free & independent press -- and why Donald Trump so fears & hates it."

The tone on Fox News was strikingly different. Steve Doocy, co-host of the pro-Trump "Fox & Friends" morning show, asked,

"Whatever happened to secrets in Washington?" Conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham explicitly criticized the leakers.

So what if it was only Fox News who knew the truth - Well - Flynn would still be working

Source - http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/14/media/michael-flynn-investigative-journalism/index.html

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

mickstuder posted..

Even if you could find a single reasonably unbiased individual who would bother even listening to Oreilly on this issue - what then?

=======================================================

If you read the link and listen to the link you would understand the points that O'Reilly makes are correct....the media coverage is what it is and its got our country in a uproar over its slanted coverage of just about everything from BLM to the pipeline to women's rights. And the left seem to think that is OK.

If you would watch O'Reilly you would learn a lot about what is going on in the real world....he has people on his program that discuss issues form different views...you will not see that very often on other talk programs.

When Obama was in Power - the Main Stream Media investigated and then spoke Truth to Power and exposed wrong doing if and when it occurred

The Obama Administration whined repeatedly about LEAKS to the Media

It's not showing bias if you can;t find deceit law breaking or criminal wrongdoing

It's not showing bias if you discover wrong doing and report it

The problem here in my view is the people working in the Trump Administration - the Grunts - the career Government Professionals do not like it when whomever in power is not following the rules

This is not a political ideological phenomenon that is biased towards one side or ther other - people in the FBI did not like it that Clinton wasn;t getting - Flagged - for using a private email server and they leaked the info to the correct sources and the Media made sure the public knew and Comey was repeatedly pressured by FBI staff to do some of the things he did

To use a Sport Analogy - should the Refs throw flags and call penalties equally or should they only penalize a penalty based on the rules both sides agreed to play under

Some teams have a personal philosophy that they will push the envelope as far as they can and they consistently earn the title of the most penalized team in the sports - if my team is playing that team and the penalties are equal at the end of the game - the Refs didn't do their job 

If Trump starts running a professional legal legitimate ship - the Media won;t have anything to talk about and they will go back to Police Violence and Drug Abuse and defective air bags in vehicles

How do you think the Obama Adminstration felt about the month after month 24/7 coverage of every even questionable act by Police - was that not a embarrassment to their Policies - how about San Bernadino - Orlando - 24/7 on and on and on - was that not a embarrassment to the Obama Admiinistration 

How do you think Trump got elected if it were not for the Main Stream Media broadcasting Obamas failures from Obamacare to Jobs to Racism etc and the 24/7 coverage of everything Trump said about Obama & Clintons Failures?

Do you think this was all some grass roots underground movement - no it was 24/7 coverage of everything Trump by all the Main Stream Media talking broadcasting everything negative Trump said about Obama & Clinton

Now the shoe is on the other foot and some folks want to cry foul

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors