Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Nuts and bolts administrtion. 650 unfilled positions

Message 11 of 15

NOTHAPPENING wrote: 
Possibly Trump wants to do something radical, like hiring people based on education/experience instead of polictical hacks, favors, and filling minority quotas.

That would be fine but what he is actually doing is not hiring anyone.  I understand most of the positions are still being filled by Obama staff.  

You may make excuses if you wish but I do not see this as a hunt for stellar talent.  I see it as another symptom of a train wreck. If you went to a construction site and found no plumbers or electricians, would you make the same assumption on why they had no skillled tradesmen? Hardly. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

nothappening wrote "Possibly Trump wants to do something radical, like hiring people based on education/experience instead of polictical hacks, favors, and filling minority quotas."

He wants Steve Feinberg to investigate Intelligence Agencies.  How is Feinberg qualified to do this?  He has neither the eductation or experience to do it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

@Richva wrote:

You may have noticed I am no fan of Trump. My biggest complaint is his inabilty to accomplish the basic groundwork of governing a nation.  I heard today that the Senior Staff position to run the Russian Desk at the State Department had not yet been filled. This means that if Trump wants to negotiate with Putin, as he has declared, it will be Putin AND HIS ADMINISTRATION against.....Trump. If Trump wants to know the name of Putin's assistant, he has to look it up for himself.

So, I did some research and found that of the 696 official positions in the White House, 650 are unfilled. I assume this is one of the biggest drivers of the train wreck we are seeing from  the Oval Office.

Of the 696 official positions in the Trump Administration, 661 have yet to be filled as of Thursday, according to a source close to the process. And the new administration has become so desperate for support staff that they’re hanging on to Obama Administration officials.

According to the Partnership for Public Service, key positions in all departments, from the Department of Justice to key Ambassadorships, to the Appalachian Regional Commission are still vacant, despite an imminent need to fill jobs and get to work.

So far, President Donald Trump has had only 12 nominees confirmed, while 23 await their Senate process. Most of these, though, are Cabinet secretaries, and there remain hundreds of positions assisting the Cabinet, providing financial oversight and general counsel services, and serving on commissions that require appointments and confirmations.

“There are hundreds of slots open,” the source close to the process told Heat Street. “The administration has had thousands of resumes, but very few are qualified, and there aren’t enough staff members to review applications with any real efficiency.”

https://heatst.com/politics/trump-administration-still-struggling-to-fill-hundreds-of-administration...

Possibly Trump wants to do something radical, like hiring people based on education/experience instead of polictical hacks, favors, and filling minority quotas.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Nuts and bolts administrtion. 650 unfilled positions

Message 15 of 15

You may have noticed I am no fan of Trump. My biggest complaint is his inabilty to accomplish the basic groundwork of governing a nation.  I heard today that the Senior Staff position to run the Russian Desk at the State Department had not yet been filled. This means that if Trump wants to negotiate with Putin, as he has declared, it will be Putin AND HIS ADMINISTRATION against.....Trump. If Trump wants to know the name of Putin's assistant, he has to look it up for himself.

So, I did some research and found that of the 696 official positions in the White House, 650 are unfilled. I assume this is one of the biggest drivers of the train wreck we are seeing from  the Oval Office.

Of the 696 official positions in the Trump Administration, 661 have yet to be filled as of Thursday, according to a source close to the process. And the new administration has become so desperate for support staff that they’re hanging on to Obama Administration officials.

According to the Partnership for Public Service, key positions in all departments, from the Department of Justice to key Ambassadorships, to the Appalachian Regional Commission are still vacant, despite an imminent need to fill jobs and get to work.

So far, President Donald Trump has had only 12 nominees confirmed, while 23 await their Senate process. Most of these, though, are Cabinet secretaries, and there remain hundreds of positions assisting the Cabinet, providing financial oversight and general counsel services, and serving on commissions that require appointments and confirmations.

“There are hundreds of slots open,” the source close to the process told Heat Street. “The administration has had thousands of resumes, but very few are qualified, and there aren’t enough staff members to review applications with any real efficiency.”

https://heatst.com/politics/trump-administration-still-struggling-to-fill-hundreds-of-administration...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors