Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Nuts and bolts administrtion. 650 unfilled positions

Message 1 of 15

@Richva wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:
Nahhhhh.......she 'shook things up'...she showed the 'deadwood the door'...she did precisely what she WAS hired to to, donchasee?  I'm not being sarcastic, just sayin' it like it it. 

I get your sarcasm but she demonstrated a complete lack of management skill or knowledge.  Well, the Republicans wanted to go back to local control of school systems. I see that happening under DeVos. 

Well Richva.....your observation is 100% accurate and all....but...you know...that really might be just what was intended.  One of the many ways Reagan used to destroy what he didn't want around was to put people who didn't believe an agency should exist in charge...slam dunk....works all the time everytime....  Plus side?  You get to say, See.....See......doesn't work, so get rid of it! 

Cut off the head and you don't have to "starve the beast". Let's see....who was it said "starve the beast" again?  Let it never be said "the donald" can't learn....he sure as hell can.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@umbarch64 wrote:
Nahhhhh.......she 'shook things up'...she showed the 'deadwood the door'...she did precisely what she WAS hired to to, donchasee?  I'm not being sarcastic, just sayin' it like it it. 

I get your sarcasm but she demonstrated a complete lack of management skill or knowledge.  Well, the Republicans wanted to go back to local control of school systems. I see that happening under DeVos. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Does charter schools ring any bells? How about union educators and "rubber rooms"?

Come again?  Why was Betsy DeVos hired?

Ms. DeVos visited Washington DC schools and proceeded to make disparaging comments about "some of the teachers" in front of the the whole staff.  Khaya Henderson, the superintendent was not pleased. Ms. DeVos managed to insult the staff, insult the superintendent, and the only benefit derived was to her ego and narrative. In short, she failed management 101. It was all downside. Her job is to improve the school system. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Does charter schools ring any bells? How about union educators and "rubber rooms"?

Ms. DeVos visited Washington DC schools and proceeded to make disparaging comments about "some of the teachers" in front of the the whole staff.  Khaya Henderson, the superintendent was not pleased. Ms. DeVos managed to insult the staff, insult the superintendent, and the only benefit derived was to her ego and narrative. In short, she failed management 101. It was all downside. Her job is to improve the school system. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Possibly Trump wants to do something radical, like hiring people based on education/experience instead of polictical hacks, favors, and filling minority quotas.

Does charter schools ring any bells? You used the words hiring based on education/experience.  Which did she have again?  Oh....oh yeah, the "favors" you claimed were, "instead of".....  lol......

Sometimes Right Wingers have a hard time remembering what they said, kinda like Trump !  When pointed out by someone they also have a hard time admitting they were wrong, sorta like Trump !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Possibly Trump wants to do something radical, like hiring people based on education/experience instead of polictical hacks, favors, and filling minority quotas.

Does charter schools ring any bells? You used the words hiring based on education/experience.  Which did she have again?  Oh....oh yeah, the "favors" you claimed were, "instead of".....  lol......

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You may have noticed I am no fan of Trump. My biggest complaint is his inabilty to accomplish the basic groundwork of governing a nation.  I heard today that the Senior Staff position to run the Russian Desk at the State Department had not yet been filled. This means that if Trump wants to negotiate with Putin, as he has declared, it will be Putin AND HIS ADMINISTRATION against.....Trump. If Trump wants to know the name of Putin's assistant, he has to look it up for himself.

So, I did some research and found that of the 696 official positions in the White House, 650 are unfilled. I assume this is one of the biggest drivers of the train wreck we are seeing from  the Oval Office.

Of the 696 official positions in the Trump Administration, 661 have yet to be filled as of Thursday, according to a source close to the process. And the new administration has become so desperate for support staff that they’re hanging on to Obama Administration officials.

According to the Partnership for Public Service, key positions in all departments, from the Department of Justice to key Ambassadorships, to the Appalachian Regional Commission are still vacant, despite an imminent need to fill jobs and get to work.

So far, President Donald Trump has had only 12 nominees confirmed, while 23 await their Senate process. Most of these, though, are Cabinet secretaries, and there remain hundreds of positions assisting the Cabinet, providing financial oversight and general counsel services, and serving on commissions that require appointments and confirmations.

“There are hundreds of slots open,” the source close to the process told Heat Street. “The administration has had thousands of resumes, but very few are qualified, and there aren’t enough staff members to review applications with any real efficiency.”

https://heatst.com/politics/trump-administration-still-struggling-to-fill-hundreds-of-administration...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You may have noticed I am no fan of Trump. My biggest complaint is his inabilty to accomplish the basic groundwork of governing a nation.  I heard today that the Senior Staff position to run the Russian Desk at the State Department had not yet been filled. This means that if Trump wants to negotiate with Putin, as he has declared, it will be Putin AND HIS ADMINISTRATION against.....Trump. If Trump wants to know the name of Putin's assistant, he has to look it up for himself.

So, I did some research and found that of the 696 official positions in the White House, 650 are unfilled. I assume this is one of the biggest drivers of the train wreck we are seeing from  the Oval Office.

Of the 696 official positions in the Trump Administration, 661 have yet to be filled as of Thursday, according to a source close to the process. And the new administration has become so desperate for support staff that they’re hanging on to Obama Administration officials.

According to the Partnership for Public Service, key positions in all departments, from the Department of Justice to key Ambassadorships, to the Appalachian Regional Commission are still vacant, despite an imminent need to fill jobs and get to work.

So far, President Donald Trump has had only 12 nominees confirmed, while 23 await their Senate process. Most of these, though, are Cabinet secretaries, and there remain hundreds of positions assisting the Cabinet, providing financial oversight and general counsel services, and serving on commissions that require appointments and confirmations.

“There are hundreds of slots open,” the source close to the process told Heat Street. “The administration has had thousands of resumes, but very few are qualified, and there aren’t enough staff members to review applications with any real efficiency.”

https://heatst.com/politics/trump-administration-still-struggling-to-fill-hundreds-of-administration...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

Trump has people refusing appointments now, can't say that I blame them, who wants to board a   h e l l   bound train?

Trump is a political hack who screwed up and got elected. He is so busy tweeting and playing golf that he dosn't have time to tend to business.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Judging by his appointment of Bannon and others this is just another "alternative fact".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors