You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument

Message 51 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by TxGrandpa2

Ya know TX... another poster might accuse you, that your post is "blind, livid, living anger", because you stated 'I'm appalled at all these self-serving posts in defense of God that seems to be made in the manner of the Pharisees that Jesus warned us about.  One would almost have to ask, "will the true Christian please stand up."'

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 99

In Response to Flush against the wall.. I think he means by richva1041

I think he means it is engraved into a stone and not part of a projecting section which would be more noticeably

===========================

Nonetheless, the inscription is where it was planned to be, on the aluminum cap of the Monument. It has not been moved in any way.

Obelisks never have any projections, just as pyramids do not have banners flying from the top.

I fail to see how the same inscription on the same part of the Monument means that "God has been banished". It makes no sense. No changes have been made from the original plan. I also note that Sleepercell has not explained how anyone could consider that "God has been banished" when the same inscription is still on the same side of the same monument.

There is NO WALL obscuring the East side of the Monument, or any other side of it. Of course, no one can read an inscription inscribed at an angle 555 feet in the air without at least some binoculars, and perhaps not even then. It is legible only to God, barring the possibility of literate fowl and people in helicopters. I am guessing that being in a helicopter near enough to the Monument to read the LAUS DEO would result in the incarceration of at least the pilot.

It seems that Sleepercell cut  this illogical drivel from some reactionary website and pasted it here for his usual motive, that of being annoying.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 99

Who gives a flying fiddler's fart. God is dead and so are the real republicans. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 99

I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PHOTO. PERRY IS NOT HOLDING HIS HAND OVER HIS HEART........DIDN'T THE EXTREME RIGHT WACK JOBS HAVE A FIT WHEN OBAMA DIDN'T, ONCE?

AND NEITHER PERRY OR BACHMANN, ARE WEARING A "FLAGPIN."....OH NO, ARE THEY "MUSLIM?" OR HAS PERRY "SECEDED," ALREADY? ....LOL

THESE PEOPLE ARE SOOOOOOOOOO SLIMEY, IT'S MAKING ME GAG................

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/?country=US

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by oldscout65

By their fruits you will know them.

Ain't that the truth!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 99

Every time the Neobaggers claim God has been taken out of something, what they REALLY mean is the something has slipped out of their control.

They demand we post the Ten Commandments in schools and public buildings, but spend a great deal of time explaining why it is okay that their leaders ignore most of the ten, esp. the "Thou shalt not commit adultery" part. That, and the one about "honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy" by NOT engaging in commerce - that would deeply offend the Uberrich Overlords of the GOP.

They claim God is a dolt who does not understand science and never spoke to us in parables, hence every word of THEIR particular translation of the Bible must be taken as history and science instead of mortality and ethics.

They claim to be Christian, but totally ignore the commandment Christ identified as the Greatest Commandment - love god and love one another.

And they get really testy when you point out that there are numerous places in the Gospel where Jesus condemns the rich and greedy to roast in the eternal fires of Hell but not a single place where Jesus speaks against homosexuals.  

Really wish they'd give up their charade and just call themselves "Mammonists" and find some other book to use to justify their totally antichristian speech and behavior.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by LeCherie

LeCherie said:

I've never understood fearing a loving Father?!?!?!

I'd fear a loving father that had his only son killed, too!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Flush against the wall.. I think he means

Message 58 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by MycroftHolmes

I think he means it is engraved into a stone and not part of a projecting section which would be more noticeably. Still, I love it when people assign their own reasons for other people's actions. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by SLEEPERCELL

That invisible wall was for one purpose--- keep Government out of Religion and NOT to keep GOD out of Government.

You've assumed too much.

======================================================

So, then , according to you. the way we put GOD in government is to inscribe the words LAUS DEO on a 555-ft tall monument, and complain because they cannot be read because of a nonexistent wall?

Then, even though no one has removed the words from the monument, you claim that because they cannot be read, GOD has been banished from the monument?

Sorry, but this makes NO SENSE. The words have been on the monument since it was completed, in the same location, and somehow GOD has still been "banished" from the monument. Yeah, sure.

If God is everywhere (omnipresent), then it is not possible to banish him from anything.

Again, this makes NO SENSE.

By the way, wasn't the purpose of the Washington Monument to honor General Washington? It is not called the "God Monument", is it?

In the Dark Ages, the idea was that all art was to honor God and Jesus. Now, art can be about any subject. I suppose that you would like to go back to the medieval era.

Would the painting of Washington crossing the Delaware be improved if the words "USS GOD" were added to the boat? Or would Gilbert Stuart's painting of Washington be improved if we had Washington saying, in a little cartoon blurb, "I Love Jesus?"

Can anyone claim that God has been banished from these two paintings because these words have NOT been added?

And one more time, no side of the Washington Monument faces any wall, anywhere. All four sides are open to view by anyone that is 555 feet in the air. LAUS DEO is on the East side, which should make is easier for God to see it by the light of day first thing in the morning, assuming that God does not have night vision, which, because he is omnipotent, we can assume that he does.

Religion makes people do silly things. The stupider they are, the sillier the things the do are, so complaining about this ranks at the very apex of sillyness.

We can all draw an obvious conclusion about this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 99

In Response to RE: Now, God banished from Washington Monument by oldscout65 - Neobaggers worship a very puny and mean spirited diety.

---------------------------

As a young teen I had 'the world's coolest' Sunday School teacher.  He explained it saying that when we express hate, intolerance of others, etc., we are honoring Satan.

Kudos
Views