Social Butterfly

Nothing shocking re: the dems responses to this post lol

Matthew Walther

September 10, 2020

The fact Bob Woodward has written another book about the current occupant of the White House should be greeted with roughly the level of enthusiasm reserved for such annual or semi-annual non-events as the Biennial Conference of the American Hippotherapy Association or the Pro Bowl.

I would be tempted to suggest that the latest affectless, indifferently written Woodward volume is a matter of at most seasonal interest, like the early September appearance of Halloween candy in supermarkets

Hence my inability to get worked up about the 52-second snippet of conversation between two septuagenarians released amid a great deal of manufactured outrage on Wednesday afternoon.  

One longs for the day — who could deny its sweet inevitability? — when they rhapsodize about the decency and tolerance of the earliest eventual occupant of the Oval Office to endorse same-sex civil partnerships.

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I keep wondering how Woodward tricked Trump into admitting he lied. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Woodward is a brilliant, well esteemed journalist that helped take down crooked Nixon.

Trump is a crooked politician, who is basically stupid, but with an penchant for "brand name people"

It was too easy.

Honored Social Butterfly

Nothing shocking for a Toad Worshiper perhaps, but the rest of us are now able to CONFIRM that your Toad KNEW the virus was both airborne and DEADLY, yet he claims he did nothing IN ORDER TO AVOID  PANIC among the American people.  It this gutless draftdodger had been ToadPOTUS IN 1942, his speech on Pearl Harbor would have been: December 7th, 1942 - a day in which nothing much happened, so just go about your business and don't try and contact your loved ones in Honolulu, they're sleeping and do not wish to be disturbed. Bye now, and have a good day.

In fact, he did LESS than nothing - instead of unifying the American people to work together to stop the Pandemic, he pitted the 50 States against EACHOTHER AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, then had Jared out-bid Democratic Governors (using OUR tax dollars) and divert needed medical supplies to RED STATES. His reason was simple tRump - the disease was concentrated in BLUE STATES, so by refusing to take a NATIONAL position on stopping the virus, Toad figured he could just blame the Democratic Governors! Which is what he's done and is still doing while he encourages the GOPerGovs to pretend the Pandemic is OVER, and they can open the schools and go back to Football under the Friday Night Lights, unmasked student bodies and fully open taverns and tattoo parlors.

Yes, thanks to tRump and his sycophantic Governors, "Student Bodies" are taking on a whole new meaning, and his solution to SS seems to be killing off a couple hundred thousand Seniors before the election.

Nope, nothing we didn't suspect about tRump the Toad, only now its FACT, which his lofo base will continue to ignore along with his fidelity to Putin, misogyny and treatment of his office as a profit center for Trump Inc.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump's base believes every denial....every lie he tells them.    Every fact, every video presented to the public view .....his cult refuses to acknowledge or believe in.    

Appears it's our turn.   

A third of Germany supported Hitler. 

One of the last appearances Stalin made the crowd shouted "father---father" in reverence even though he was ruthless and cruel. 

ALL these dictators--murders got support.....Putin ----Kim-Jong un  - -the Ayatollah----HITLER --Musolini--Stalin--Tôjô Hideki- --Saudi-Abdullah bin Abdulaziz - Hamas---OBL---and the list of MALE leaders are  WAY LONG  

SO now it's happening with the USA and monster Trump when even the most religious have called this demon a saint.   

I have heard COUNTLESS credible people whether it's generals who say he's a danger,  Nobel prize winning economists ,  his own team that are no longer his defenders......Trump's aunt and sister.   All these loyal Americans say that  ,   Donald Trump is a monster. He’s an idiot, a liar, a narcissist, a sex maniac, a torturer, a xenophobe.    Come to that, he is a bully, a nepotist, an adulterer, thin-skinned, corrupt and fat.   

Honored Social Butterfly

@JANMB wrote:

Trump's base believes every denial....every lie he tells them.    Every fact, every video presented to the public view .....his cult refuses to acknowledge or believe in.    

Appears it's our turn.   

A third of Germany supported Hitler. 

One of the last appearances Stalin made the crowd shouted "father---father" in reverence even though he was ruthless and cruel. 

ALL these dictators--murders got support.....Putin ----Kim-Jong un  - -the Ayatollah----HITLER --Musolini--Stalin--Tôjô Hideki- --Saudi-Abdullah bin Abdulaziz - Hamas---OBL---and the list of MALE leaders are  WAY LONG  

SO now it's happening with the USA and monster Trump when even the most religious have called this demon a saint.   

I have heard COUNTLESS credible people whether it's generals who say he's a danger,  Nobel prize winning economists ,  his own team that are no longer his defenders......Trump's aunt and sister.   All these loyal Americans say that  ,   Donald Trump is a monster. He’s an idiot, a liar, a narcissist, a sex maniac, a torturer, a xenophobe.    Come to that, he is a bully, a nepotist, an adulterer, thin-skinned, corrupt and fat.   

You are right Scout.  Many of trumps right have people have turned the tide because they saw him up close and personal without the SPIN and deception.  It's obvious some can't see the emperor has no clothes.  It truly is Cult-like behavior.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the liberal dems responses...it's like comprehension is non existent.

Thank goodness, despite that...

truth AWESOME mAY 2020.jpg

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Just as long as they are willing to kick ass for it.

Honored Social Butterfly

I have to agree with the subject. It was pretty much a given that Trump had been informed by his intelligence services of the impact of this virus. I think what was shocking was Trump's admitting that he did nothing and planned to do nothing.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

I have to agree with the subject. Really?  You think it's not shocking that trump admitted to saving the Crown Princes butt in the brutal murder of the Wapo reporter?  Or that trump revealed weapon secrets to a reporter? Admitted he lied to America?  Knew the virus was much worse than he said it was?  It was pretty much a given that Trump had been informed by his intelligence services of the impact of this virus. I think what was shocking was Trump's admitting that he did nothing and planned to do nothing. Clearly, our expectations are lacking.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have to agree with the subject. Really?  You think it's not shocking that trump admitted to saving the Crown Princes butt in the brutal murder of the Wapo reporter?  Or that trump revealed weapon secrets to a reporter? Admitted he lied to America?  Knew the virus was much worse than he said it was?  It was pretty much a given that Trump had been informed by his intelligence services of the impact of this virus. I think what was shocking was Trump's admitting that he did nothing and planned to do nothing. Clearly, our expectations are lacking.

Point conceded. I was only referring to the covid scandal and you raise a good point. I withdraw my lack of shock. Well, we know he reveals secrets to the Israelis but still. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Point conceded. I was only referring to the covid scandal and you raise a good point. I withdraw my lack of shock. Well, we know he reveals secrets to the Israelis but still. 

81044707-smiling-yellow-cartoon-emoji-face-character-with-wink-expression-giving-a-thumb-up-illustration-isol.jpg

Social Butterfly

What's shocking is how Trump was stupid enough to spill the Truth to Bob Woodward, and later lie to America.

What is also shocking is how stupid Trump was to think and Ace reporter, who took down Nixon would not catch it.

Donnie Two Sides plays two narratives, and expects loyalty for the lying one.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump lies and people DIE.

Biden/Harris 2020
Honored Social Butterfly

Deny, Divert, Discredit.  It's all tRump supporters have.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

AND...There's nothing shocking about the usual lack of the liberal dems reading an article. The dems prefer to stay in denial and just look at the title and ATTACK.  It's either attack of the source or the title, rarely the content.  Hilarious.

lol reasonable liberal AWESOME Sept 2020.jpg

judge jeanine Sept 2020 book.jpg

Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

AND...There's nothing shocking about the usual lack of the liberal dems reading an article. The dems prefer to stay in denial and just look at the title and ATTACK.  It's either attack of the source or the title, rarely the content.  Hilarious.

What's hilarious is a supposed adult suggesting they know what other adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

What's hilarious is a supposed adult suggesting they know what other adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

sunluvngal:

That's ridiculous. Your response has nothing to do with anything.  I can only go by what i see on here.  Has nothing to do with what anybody is doing in their homes. doh

Whatever trips  it...🙄

Edited to delete giving reasons for the liberal dems addressing everything but the topic.  🙄  Hey i can only try...lol

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

That's ridiculous. Your response has nothing to do with anything. LOL! 

LMAO.gif

I can only go by what i see on here.  And yet you ASSUMED you knew that, "liberal dems (don't read your articles); prefer to stay in denial and just look at the title and ATTACK."  That's rather presumptive to fit YOUR narrative isn't it?

Has nothing to do with what anybody is doing in their homes. doh  Considering the vast majority of readers of this forum do so in the comfort of their homes, it's a given.  Would you care to prove otherwise?

Edited to delete giving reasons for the liberal dems addressing everything but the topic.  Non-trump supporters have responded...yet no one assumed trump supporters actually read them, or cared.  Liberty is a good thing...

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

That's ridiculous. Your response has nothing to do with anything. And you got 4 "kudos" for it!  lol Unreal, some people will kudo anything. 

Uh Oh ..... Sounds like "Kudo envy" ....

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

That's ridiculous. Your response has nothing to do with anything. And you got 4 "kudos" for it!  lol Unreal, some people will kudo anything.  I can only go by what i see on here.  Has nothing to do with what anybody is doing in their homes. doh

Whatever trips  it...🙄

Make that 6 7 kudos.

What do you mean the response has nothing to do with anything?  You are the one who insinuated that there was a "lack of the liberal Dems reading an article".  You don't know if they have read it or not while in the privacy of their homes.  You ASSume they have not.

Social Butterfly

That's the thing, we get to be supreme editors of lies in our lives, and our government and the people who support them.

Free speech and all, and freedom of association.

Honored Social Butterfly

The first is the only class of persons likely to be aware of the book's existence, namely Woodward's fellow journalists and the rapidly aging subset of upper-middle-class white liberals who will purchase and perhaps even read parts of it.

Dream on. Believing that the book and taped conversations are only known to a select few is absurd. They're being heard nationally on both TV and radio on a daily basis............and will be for some time to come. We're only 50 some days from the election and interest is high, with people home now more than normal (thanks to the pandemic), and they're paying attention. What the Woodward book is doing is peeling the outer husk off of Trump and revealing the rot within that was suspected but not confirmed. Now we're hearing it confirmed by Trump himself.

Honored Social Butterfly

TYPICAL TRUMP SUPPORTER UPON HEARING HIS VILE ACTIONS:

typical Trump  supporter.png

Honored Social Butterfly

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2020/09/09/woodward-book-play-it-down-coronavirus-steve-almond 

Don't Be Shocked Trump Lied About COVID On Tape. Be Horrified That It Won't Matter

Wednesday confirmed something that most of us already suspected: Donald Trump knew all along exactly how deadly COVID-19 was.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump explained to reporter Bob Woodward on February 7. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu … This is deadly stuff.”

In public, Trump was saying just the opposite.

“We only have five people,” he told Sean Hannity. “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

On February 11, he promised folks at a campaign rally that COVID “miraculously goes away.” Three days later, he assured Geraldo Rivera that “we only have, basically, 12 cases and most of those people are recovering and some cases fully recovered."

On February 24, he panic-tweeted, “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Two days later, he told reporters, “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Two days after that, to the delight of his supporters, he was branding COVID as a “new hoax” peddled by the Democrats.

“I wanted always to play it down,” we now know he confessed to Woodward on March 19. “I still like playing it down.”

The shock here isn’t that Trump was lying. Nor that Woodward refused to disclose the truth in real-time. Nor even that the president’s lies contributed to the spread of COVID, which has now killed nearly 200,000 Americans, infected more than six million, and sent the nation spiraling into economic and social chaos.

The shock is that Trump’s support will barely budge.

This story will rage for a few days, as did the news that our commander in chief calls our troops as "losers" and "suckers." As did the news that he attempted to extort Ukraine for dirt on Joe Biden. As did the news that he considers white supremacists “very fine people.” And so on.

Every week — sometimes every day — new revelations emerge that affirm what we already know: Trump is a lazy, inept, bigot with a wounded ego where his heart should be, and a cash register for a conscience.

What matters isn’t this reality, but the fact that a rabid minority of our citizens have become inoculated against it. They live in a cultish bubble of partisan propaganda filled with protective buzz words and talking points, a hivemind fueled by rage, paranoia and shame. For decades, right-wing media demagogues have made billions of dollars exploiting their anguish.

This is why the president of the United States can lie — without consequence — to Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson and Geraldo Rivera, even about a virus that could kill their viewers. Trump didn’t lead a movement in 2016. He merely inherited an audience that had been vaccinated against unwelcome truths years ago.

On days like this, when we come face to face (yet again) with the catastrophic iniquity of Trump, my mind turns to the description of Kurtz that Joseph Conrad offers in "Heart of Darkness": “I saw the inconceivable mystery of a soul that knew no restraint, no faith, and no fear, yet struggling blindly with itself.”

More than that, I think about the forces that led us to award so much power to such an empty man, and have induced so many of our public servants to ignore his abuses, and sanction his lethal efforts to set us against one another.

Conrad was wise to that peril as well. “Your strength,” he observed, “is just an accident arising from the weakness of others.”

Every citizen of good faith will have to stand against that weakness in the weeks to come, or America will become something far more savage and dangerous than a democracy.

Follow Cognoscenti on Facebook and Twitter.

It's four hours to 9/11,  so keep this in mind.

https://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/09/09/trump-lied-190000-911-attack-every-day-2-months-died 

Trump Lied, 190,000 - A 9/11 Attack Every Day For 2 Months - Died

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluvingal wrote:  

There's nothing shocking about Bob Woodward's new book....

myexper reply:

Good point.

We all already knew what a slime ball Trump is.

Woodward's book just confirmed it with Trump's own admissions!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal   I have come to the conclusion that to try to reason with any Trump follower is a waste of time.
Trump simply got caught lying. but what is new........!!!!!!  He lies daily so one more lie in the history of this presidency.
Many have chose to support a liar, a cheater, and so many other moral failures that is inconceivable to mention them all. 
And yest, he is glorify for them. rewarded for them so in that case only few words are necessary Mazel Tov!!!!!!
goodlol.jpg

no name
Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@sunluvngal   I have come to the conclusion that to try to reason with any Trump follower is a waste of time.
Trump simply got caught lying. but what is new........!!!!!!  He lies daily so one more lie in the history of this presidency.
Many have chose to support a liar, a cheater, and so many other moral failures that is inconceivable to mention them all. 
And yest, he is glorify for them. rewarded for them so in that case only few words are necessary Mazel Tov!!!!!!

sunluvngal:

Trust me, the feeling is mutual regarding my feelings about the radical left and their continual head in sand syndrome.

I am constantly learning on this site, and my most recent lesson from the radicals is that...When the opposite view posts in these forums, it's just another platform for the radicals to spew their hate. They really don't care to learn anything close to the truth, they prefer their la la land of denial.  Ya'll carry on...and please...don't ever take those heads out of the sand...not until AFTER THE ELECTION anyway. lol

Recommended Reading:😁

judge jeanine Sept 2020 book.jpg

biden and profiles in corruption july 2020.jpg

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Trust me, the feeling is mutual regarding my feelings about the radical left and their continual head in sand syndrome.  That's nice...Some on the right post the same crap daily, in an obvious "Cut and Paste" ploy to post the same nonsense over and over; using extremist sites as the sources wil NO regard to objectivity and impartiality.

They whine about "head in the sand syndrome" yet have never demonstrated any capability to do otherwise.

I am constantly learning on this site, that's nice.  and my most recent lesson from the radicals is that...When the opposite view posts in these forums, it's just another platform for the radicals to spew their hate.  That's what you learned?  Is disagreement hate? They really don't care to learn anything close to the truth, that may be your opinion, and that's OK.  What "truth" have they ignored?  That the country is burning, dying from Covid, there is a great racial divide and who is running the show?  Does your leader share ANY blame for these issues?  What "truth" do want Dems to know?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal   Can you see why is a a waste of my time? I happen to be a pro life Republican     

. but not a Trump follower, and you keep on calling me a Liberal because I don't agree with  you

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png