Not Good Enough Democratic Senator Shaheen

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Not Good Enough Democratic Senator Shaheen

Message 1 of 5

You mean.......you want politicians to accept full and total moral responsibility for their actions and in-actions, short and long-term consequences?  Whoa, nellie....who's going to run this lash-up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@mickstuder wrote:

@afisher wrote:

My hope is that someday everyone will learn what little if any power a Senator or House Member from the minority party have in writing legislation and seeing that it advances through the Committees to make it to the Floor for a vote.  

My Hope - is that someday - Democratic & Republican & Independent Voters are going to STOP accepting the excuse - it's the other guys fault and then being only to happy saying Oh OK then - as long as you have a Good Excuse for why the Middle Class is Getting Destroyed - I'm going to keep re-electing you  -.................................

People like Donald Trump & Judge Roy Moore are winning Elections in the USA because enough American Voters have Stood Up and Said - We Aren;t Going to Accept that Excuse Any Longer - you can argue all day long whether the result is better or not - but there is one indisputable fact - it's something different for a change - it's a break in the Chain and so far - No Democrats are willing to break the CHAIN AND TRY SOMETHING NEW WITH SOME NEW PEOPLE so all we get is the same excuses - it;s tough in the minority and it's the other guys fault

I didn;t Vote for Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan to go to Washington and write back and tell me it's really tough here in Washington - and MICK

I just hope you learn what little if any power a Senator or House Member from the minority party have in writing legislation and seeing that it advances through the Committees to make it to the Floor for a vote.  

I don;t care how tough it is - you were sent to Washington to find a way to get the job done - and they aren;t getting the Job Done - and next time I'm probably going to Vote Extremist Republican because I want things to change - Bannon is getting things done like em or not - if we don;t get a Progressive Bannon and someone willing to buck the system - I'm voting Republican because I want all these do nothing Dinosaurs from both parties GONE

Tax Reform is Due Up Next - You Know What the Excuse is going to be with Democrats - oh the Republicans are going to pass Tax Reform through Budget Reconcilitation - again requiring only 51 votes

This isn;t just about what going on today or right this miunte - Democrats started this 50 Vote Crap Precedent in the Senate - Democrats stood around while Republicans were Gerrymandering voting districts - Democrats blew it in their selection of Clinton and the Campaign Strategy they employed

A Majority of Democratic Voters and apprently you are still too happy to give these Incumbent Democratic Dinosaurs a FREE PASS and thats why Nothing Changes and Nothing Gets Better

Schumer is a perfect example when caught off mike - Well Trump likes me - I know he likes me anyway.......................What? You're braggging Trump likes you - what is that going to do for me or any of your NY constituents..................................?

Drain the Democratic Swamp as well

I agree..no excuses. list your failures if you must..it shows you FOUGHT.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@afisher wrote:

My hope is that someday everyone will learn what little if any power a Senator or House Member from the minority party have in writing legislation and seeing that it advances through the Committees to make it to the Floor for a vote.  

My Hope - is that someday - Democratic & Republican & Independent Voters are going to STOP accepting the excuse - it's the other guys fault and then being only to happy saying Oh OK then - as long as you have a Good Excuse for why the Middle Class is Getting Destroyed - I'm going to keep re-electing you  -.................................

People like Donald Trump & Judge Roy Moore are winning Elections in the USA because enough American Voters have Stood Up and Said - We Aren;t Going to Accept that Excuse Any Longer - you can argue all day long whether the result is better or not - but there is one indisputable fact - it's something different for a change - it's a break in the Chain and so far - No Democrats are willing to break the CHAIN AND TRY SOMETHING NEW WITH SOME NEW PEOPLE so all we get is the same excuses - it;s tough in the minority and it's the other guys fault

I didn;t Vote for Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan to go to Washington and write back and tell me it's really tough here in Washington - and MICK

I just hope you learn what little if any power a Senator or House Member from the minority party have in writing legislation and seeing that it advances through the Committees to make it to the Floor for a vote.  

I don;t care how tough it is - you were sent to Washington to find a way to get the job done - and they aren;t getting the Job Done - and next time I'm probably going to Vote Extremist Republican because I want things to change - Bannon is getting things done like em or not - if we don;t get a Progressive Bannon and someone willing to buck the system - I'm voting Republican because I want all these do nothing Dinosaurs from both parties GONE

Tax Reform is Due Up Next - You Know What the Excuse is going to be with Democrats - oh the Republicans are going to pass Tax Reform through Budget Reconcilitation - again requiring only 51 votes

This isn;t just about what going on today or right this miunte - Democrats started this 50 Vote Crap Precedent in the Senate - Democrats stood around while Republicans were Gerrymandering voting districts - Democrats blew it in their selection of Clinton and the Campaign Strategy they employed

A Majority of Democratic Voters and apprently you are still too happy to give these Incumbent Democratic Dinosaurs a FREE PASS and thats why Nothing Changes and Nothing Gets Better

Schumer is a perfect example when caught off mike - Well Trump likes me - I know he likes me anyway.......................What? You're braggging Trump likes you - what is that going to do for me or any of your NY constituents..................................?

Drain the Democratic Swamp as well

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Not Good Enough Democratic Senator Shaheen

Message 5 of 5

I recently wrote to both my Democratic NH Senators explaining my Angst over another example of the US Congress not doing their Oversight Responsibilities Competently - Equifax Hack - I asked that she not waste my time with some canned response about the Legislation she had either sponsored or supported...................I also asked that she not respond to me until something became law that would address this issue and others like it permanently and examples of where the people responsible for the lax security policies were prosecuted  - Private Companies Not Being Responsible With the Monopoly They Have Over Our Data Should be prosecutable 

Senator Shaheen Responded with the anticipated Gobbleygook

Dear Mick,

Thank you for contacting my office about the Equifax data breach. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue and I share your concerns.

As you know, in September, Equifax, a major consumer credit reporting agency, disclosed that the company suffered a data breach in May leaving millions of consumers’ personal information vulnerable to hackers.

Like you, I am concerned about the rise of security breaches, which not only erodes consumers’ confidence in the security of their online transactions, but also compromises the safety of their personal information. 

I am pleased to be a cosponsor of the Freedom from Equifax Exploitation (FREE) Act, which would prohibit consumer credit reporting agencies from charging consumers for freezing and unfreezing access to their credit.

The bill would also require Equifax and the other credit reporting agencies to refund any fees they charged as a result of the Equifax breach. Currently, this bill is pending before the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, of which I am not a member.

Further, as the lead Democrat on the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, I also wrote a letter to the new Equifax leadership requesting more information about the impact the company’s cybersecurity breach will have on the country’s 29 million small business victims. The availability of business credit for small business owners is inextricably tied to their personal credit score, and I am greatly concerned about the effect this breach will have on the ability of small businesses to access affordable credit. 

Please be assured that I will continue to monitor efforts to address the Equifax breach and I will keep your thoughts in mind as the FREE Act and similar proposals come before the full Senate for consideration. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, and please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future concerns. 

Sincerely,

Jeanne Shaheen
United States Senator

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors