North Korean Crisis a Product of Failed Pre-Trump Leadership

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: North Korean Crisis a Product of Failed Pre-Trump Leadership

Message 11 of 65

This is for the posters in this message board.

What are you all planning to do, if the Russian situation doesn't pan out, and Trump now is cleared to stay for the next 4 years.?

Any plans? 

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 65

Nixon "opened the door to China" which we all thought would be a good thing, but we forgot Nixon was a Republican so what he opened was only the door to the candy store for other Republicans.

Republicans, who for a generation had railed against Democrats who they claimed "lost China" suddenly began shipping American jobs to the Commie Slaves, leaving Americans to compete for burger flipping and room cleaning. Then Republicans made sure it became legal to "share the technology" for the factories their owners built in China, and in 20 years China became a technological giant producing virtually all the electronic products sold in America and oh by the way, they also began producing WEAPONS just as good as the ones our GIs had.

Now Republicans have elected an infantile idiot who thinks he can threaten to send our military off to attack an ally of Red China and none of that technology and manufacturing expertese our Republicans handed Red China will cause a problem for our troops?

The official estimate is that Red China has over 300 Nukes and lots of ICBMs.

Red China has no interest in having an "unfriendly" State on their border.

The USA has just 307 cities with a population over 100,000.

So Republicans, what's your solution?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 65

Amazing, Trump takes office and this whole thing blows up. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 65

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump was handed a relatively stable situation in N. Korea and then proceeded to Twitter his way into N. Korea developing ICBMs and miniaturizing warheads. The rate of test firings increased significantly under Trump.  Why? because he writes checks with his mouth that his competence can't cash. 

Nonsense. The NK programs had been growing for at least 20 years. Efforts to sidetrack their efforts were all failures. And we are now seeing the results.

What  you are saying is true. but the rethoric that we have heard from this Presidency is also wrong
The situation with NK is not going to be resolved by becoming a bigger blowhard that the guy in NK.
It takes a leader with intelligence, and knowledge to solve this issue.
There are ways to resolve this issue, and they need to be not only explored but implemented.
My interpretation is, that we need to lean on China a lot more that we have done in the past. or are we afraid of harming all the special interests and corporations that reside in ChIna?
We have allowed China to grow and now we want them to help,? Well that help comes with a price. We better be prepared to pay that price.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 65

@Richva wrote:

Trump was handed a relatively stable situation in N. Korea and then proceeded to Twitter his way into N. Korea developing ICBMs and miniaturizing warheads. The rate of test firings increased significantly under Trump.  Why? because he writes checks with his mouth that his competence can't cash. 

Nonsense. The NK programs had been growing for at least 20 years. Efforts to sidetrack their efforts were all failures. And we are now seeing the results.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 65

@creppelrm wrote:

That is exactly a military decision as in Viet Nam when Westmoreland told LBJ the war was almost won and then the Tet Offensive by the North changed everything.   And a Marine corps General who advised Kennedy about Viet Nam with a lot of false info. after he visited the country.  And ;now the same Generals who were in Afghanistan running that war are sitting next to Trump advising him.

It is confusing and hard to tell who said what and when. Also it's hard to tell how many told the Prez what he made clear what he wanted to hear.

The major change that Tet caused was that even though we actually won (it was a massive last chance effort by the Cong), Walter Cronkite declared that we lost and that was the beginning of the end - not militarily but politically.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 65

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I do have to thank both of you, for not briging religion into the subject matter.

One more preacher in this message board and I will SCREAM

Right - let's keep religion out of the discussion.

What do you think of someone posting, "Now we have a nut for an evangelist preacher that is saying that Trump is ok........"????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 65

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The rest is the usual hate filled rhetoric of the "only us, everyone else is evil" groupthink.

@rk9152,

Your sentence is quite confusing.

So you think of the KKK, WHITE SUPREMACISTS, WHITE NATIONALIST AND THE NAZIS as NOT EVIL?

Or do you think groups that protest against the philosophy of the KKK, WHITE SUPREMACISTS, WHITE NATIONALISTS, AND THE NAZIS as JUST AS EVIL.

It is only confusing because you choose to make it confusion to cover it's accuracy.

There are others just as problematic that you cannot link to Conservatives or President Trump so you choose to narrowly focus.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 65

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

No wonder Trump became President, just take a look at the mentality of the people in this messaga board.

Remember that you are one "of the people in the message board".  So am I. I didn't support or vote for Trump, how about you?

I didn't, I pinched my nose, closed my eyes  and voted for Clinton. and yes, I see that the mentality in this board is an inneficient manner on how to deal with the Trump Presidendency. what in this world are you all going to do, if the Russian thing doesn't pan out?

How do you all proposed to defeat this Administration. anyone with Plan A or Plan B? or do you all really believe that the insults that I see here are what are going to defeat this Adminsitration.?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 65

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Actually, she is right. The rest is the usual hate filled rhetoric of the "only us, everyone else is evil" groupthink.

Well, I, for one, am very glad to see the White Lives Matter coalition out there defending the principles for which they stand.  I especially liked the car bit, Nice touch. 

Loved the 'snark', gave you a KUDOS for it.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors