Help the victims of Hurricane Michael. Donate now and AARP Foundation will match the first $500,000 in contributions.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: North Korea delivers its first shipment of magic beans

Message 1 of 38

Talk sensible and maybe someone will answer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I was just listening to an interview with Susan Rice describe the document the North Koreans signed as much less than we have received from them before. She also described the joint exercises we gave up as very important to South Korea and the U.S. Military. Looks like my prediction of Trump giving away real things for magic beans is coming true. 

Military exercises can be resumed at a moments notice.  The equipment is pre-located.  Sounds like sour-grapes that Trump shook Kim's hand and Obama can't use it as justification for his being pre-awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  There will always be an asterisk on that one.

You are saying that Trump's previous unethical behavior is now an asset? 

Trumplings see nothing to be of more importance than supporting trump.

Facts? 

If reality-based facts prove inconvenient - fabricate new "alternative facts" and use "the Goebbels/Hitler/trump method" to make them believed by the credulous fools who voted for him, follow, and support him...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 38

@Richva wrote:

No, just that there are some who just can't stand that a President Hillary wasn't the one who saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.  I have to believe that she would have had the same thinking as posters like you and other liberals and not have taken advantage of the opportunity.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I was just listening to an interview with Susan Rice describe the document the North Koreans signed as much less than we have received from them before. She also described the joint exercises we gave up as very important to South Korea and the U.S. Military. Looks like my prediction of Trump giving away real things for magic beans is coming true. 

Military exercises can be resumed at a moments notice.  The equipment is pre-located.  Sounds like sour-grapes that Trump shook Kim's hand and Obama can't use it as justification for his being pre-awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  There will always be an asterisk on that one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38

@creppelrm wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

Both Germany and Japan were soundly defeated.  The people most in leadership positions were punished.  Unlike the Korean war which never ended.  The Cold war with Russia never ended.  Viet Nam with Russia was the main supplier of arms, if you remember correctly we lost that one.  And as you claim that you were part of it.  Can you forget that easy?

No I haven't forgotten Vietnam, as I'm reminded of it every day since my highly educated wife is from there.  I do see through her family and friends there that they have adopted American ways, so we won the people if not the war.

Our consumerism has influenced Vietnam, and instead of destroying Germany or Japan, we helped restore their economy which the world is benefiting from now.  Don't you think it is better to make friends with our enemies instead of making them even worse adversaries?

Of course Reagan's words should be followed even here - 'Trust but Verify'.

Again, Germany and Japan were rebuilt from scratch.  They were beaten to the point where war could not be waged any longer.  Their cities were bombed to the point there are no buildings standing prior to 1945.  It was The only thing left was to rebuild when rock bottom was hit.  Kim Jon Un on the other hand did what he did knowing he would lose a war with the U.S. in direct confrontation.  He no doubt talked with both China and Russia who made him see the light.  What he did he did for his own preservation, not for love of the U.S.  There are many other ways to wage war against a stronger foe where direct confrontation is suicide. A boxer knows not to try outslugging a slugger.  Pick on his weakness. Russia has learned how to undermine the U.S. without firing a shot .  There is no sabre rattling out of China either.  They are playing Trump's weaknesses.

So we should nuke them first before we help them?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

Both Germany and Japan were soundly defeated.  The people most in leadership positions were punished.  Unlike the Korean war which never ended.  The Cold war with Russia never ended.  Viet Nam with Russia was the main supplier of arms, if you remember correctly we lost that one.  And as you claim that you were part of it.  Can you forget that easy?

No I haven't forgotten Vietnam, as I'm reminded of it every day since my highly educated wife is from there.  I do see through her family and friends there that they have adopted American ways, so we won the people if not the war.

Our consumerism has influenced Vietnam, and instead of destroying Germany or Japan, we helped restore their economy which the world is benefiting from now.  Don't you think it is better to make friends with our enemies instead of making them even worse adversaries?

Of course Reagan's words should be followed even here - 'Trust but Verify'.

Again, Germany and Japan were rebuilt from scratch.  They were beaten to the point where war could not be waged any longer.  Their cities were bombed to the point there are no buildings standing prior to 1945.  It was The only thing left was to rebuild when rock bottom was hit.  Kim Jon Un on the other hand did what he did knowing he would lose a war with the U.S. in direct confrontation.  He no doubt talked with both China and Russia who made him see the light.  What he did he did for his own preservation, not for love of the U.S.  There are many other ways to wage war against a stronger foe where direct confrontation is suicide. A boxer knows not to try outslugging a slugger.  Pick on his weakness. Russia has learned how to undermine the U.S. without firing a shot .  There is no sabre rattling out of China either.  They are playing Trump's weaknesses.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Panjandrom wrote:

It's not a secret that no previous administration has been able to make NK denuclearize because it's an extremely complex problem with few avenues for success and a catastrophic war if bungled.

And no previous administration has attempted to set down with their leader.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

@Panjandrom wrote:

It's not a secret that no previous administration has been able to make NK denuclearize because it's an extremely complex problem with few avenues for success and a catastrophic war if bungled.

And no previous administration has attempted to set down with their leader.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

TxGrandpa: So what did the Obama/Hillary administration do to neutralize North Korea's having nuclear devices along with a delivery system?

What "Obama/Hillary" administration? She was Sec. of State (2009-2013) until John Kerry took over. As SOS she worked for Obama and did not promote a personal agenda (which applies to any SOS).  It's not a secret that no previous administration has been able to make NK denuclearize because it's an extremely complex problem with few avenues for success and a catastrophic war if bungled.

Kudos
Views