Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: North Korea appears to jab at Trump with missile test

Message 1 of 14

North Korea has conducted apparently successful underground 'nuclear tests', the latest of which 'may' be interpreted as a response to 'the donald' and his hyperbole, because of its scheduling. 

They claimed nuclear 'bomb' capability back in 2009.  Delivery systems are quite something else..., their AF does not have the capability to deliver a weapon via air transport because of the intercept capacity of the US.....or other nation states.  They are developing ballistic missiles capable of carrying a 'miniturized' package.  Range is still under development and testing. 

There is no indication that UN is deterred in this effort by sanctions, boycotts, blockades, saber-rattling fleet exercises, or threats of dire consequence if he does not 'come to heel'.  He has proceeded solidifying his 'grip on power' by demonizing the west so as to explain away the enormous hardships inflicted on his people by so doing. So far, it has worked, despite the fact that food shortages and lack of proper health facilities and care apear to be at least partially responsible for North Koreans being about 6" shorter and proportionately smaller as well than South Koreans.

That's something to pay attention to, folks.  This is what xenophobia looks like when you push it far enough.  When it finally reaches the point that no other recourse appears possible to the 'leadership', the 'leadership' will strike out at whoever is the perceived enemy AND that strike WILL be at maximum capacity.  In the words of the immortal 'donald', "they have nothing left to lose". 

With the Soviet Union, there was always a semblance of rationality and the Mutually Assured Destruction [MAD] policies worked.  When two xenophobic mad-men are in the cat-bird-seats on either end, that won't work anymore....not even for the good of their own people.  Lest you think this means we should 'walk-away', I do not.  The current North Korean 'leadership' is a product and continuatioln of the dynasty that existed in the '50s'. The hand-writing on the wall was both visible and clear.  We should have finished what was begun at the time.....now we have to deal with the consequences, and we don't like them. 

I don't second guess the reasons why that wasn't done....the ethics of that may be quite valid, even today.  BUT..... in ANY violent conflict, bar none, unless you suspend the ethical, you lose.  That raises the ethical question about which is the better of the Hobson's Choice in front of you.  When it's a guy about to pull the trigger on the rifle he has pointed at you , the choice is clear.  You pull the trigger first.  Self preservation, don't you know?  It's not so clear with Korea, for by pulling the nuclear trigger you make an irreversible choice for people other than yourself.  Doesn't mean you don't have to do something.......just means it's different and can't be equated to the singular.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@jimc91 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Hey jimc-fired off a missle, which failed almost immediately after launch. Un is nuts, he's not going to run. Very defiant.

I had not heard that... Thanks for the update.

Too bad, I guess it's back to the drawing board for NK millitary...

They try so hard...  I can't help but wonder who helped them get this far, any ideas @pc6063???

I wonder if they had the same conversations when Pyonyang was developing their atom bombs?  "Ha. Look, they failed. They will never get one".   And then one day...........Booom. April 2003 and North Korea has nuclear weapons. 

Now you joke about their failing a missile test. "Ha. Look They failed..." same process all over again. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@pc6063 wrote:

Very inexperienced and not so stable Trump threatens even more unstable Un. Stupid-

Certainly doesn't change my mind-been listening to CNN all day. No one ever said N Koreans had nuclear capability, did say they were getting closer.

Diplomacy-one of the few things Trump ever said that  I agreed with-should be employed first.

Ya don't play chicken with a mad man.

Consider DEEPER research on NK nuclear capibility...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

Very inexperienced and not so stable Trump threatens even more unstable Un. Stupid-

Certainly doesn't change my mind-been listening to CNN all day. No one ever said N Koreans had nuclear capability, did say they were getting closer.

Diplomacy-one of the few things Trump ever said that  I agreed with-should be employed first.

Ya don't play chicken with a mad man.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@pc6063 wrote:

N koreans have been working toward nuclear power for years. Could venture a guess, bit it would be only that.  

In case you are UNAWARE they do have a Nuclear weapon.  They are working on the DELIVERY system.

Does that change anything for you?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

N koreans have been working toward nuclear power for years. Could venture a guess, bit it would be only that.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@pc6063 wrote:

Hey jimc-fired off a missle, which failed almost immediately after launch. Un is nuts, he's not going to run. Very defiant.

I had not heard that... Thanks for the update.

Too bad, I guess it's back to the drawing board for NK millitary...

They try so hard...  I can't help but wonder who helped them get this far, any ideas @pc6063???

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 10.51.08 PM.png

Our Military is the most awesome force on planet earth...

Good Job Men...  Keep it quite.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

After Kim Jong Un's intelligence reported in on the MOAB in Afganistan I figured he would be in hiding...

Anybody hear if he carried out his NUKE test today?

Don't start a war and there will be no war...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs