Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: North Korea agrees to ‘complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula' after Trump-Kim summit

Message 21 of 31

Yea, and what did The Donald  give up? What was said between the 2 of them w/no one else in the room, we will NEVER know. The one thing we did learn, it is one more dictator The Donald Loves.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: North Korea agrees to ‘complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula' after Trump-Kim summit

Message 22 of 31

Jimc91:  

North Korea agrees to ‘complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula' after Trump-Kim summit  

Deja vu all over again. From 2005.

"North Korea said it was "committed to abandoning all nuclear weapons and existing nuclear programmes and returning at an early date" to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and the safeguard system established by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

In return, Washington pledged to respect North Korea's sovereignty and take steps to normalise relations." 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/sep/20/northkorea

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 31
you should know by now, with Trump you cannot assume anything.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 31

@rker321 wrote:

Dear Jim  it is good that you put so much faith in what this guy in NK  is going to do. and personally speaking i really hope so. 
But, we have to give it a little time to see how far this guy is willing to go. and how he is going to do anything and if he does will he allow the proper verification of his actions.

So, hoping that we have obtained from him what Trump says we have. but, we still have to wait to really see the actions of this guy.

I am assuming that Trump WILL most assuredly insure proper verifications are in place BEFORE relaxing sanctions unlike previous Presidents.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 31

Dear Jim  it is good that you put so much faith in what this guy in NK  is going to do. and personally speaking i really hope so. 
But, we have to give it a little time to see how far this guy is willing to go. and how he is going to do anything and if he does will he allow the proper verification of his actions.

So, hoping that we have obtained from him what Trump says we have. but, we still have to wait to really see the actions of this guy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 31

Where will we go from here? This sequence of events seems most likely:

Der Trumper makes homicidal nutcase his BFF

Nutcase gets recognized as World Leader

Der Trumper removes sanctions from North Korea

North Korea announces a new Trump Tower in Pyongyang

Der Trumper pulls US Troops out of South Korea

Nutcase overruns South Korea, China recognizes United Korea

We haven't seen the agreement yet. Why does this make me think of tax returns?

China is already calling for sanctions to be lifted.

I say we hold on that until the IAEA confirms North Korea has actually " denuclearizized " and establishes a protocol to monitor compliance. Which I take to mean they give up all fissible materials and the ability to make more.

Once that happens lift the sanctions.

However Kim jong un will still be a monster, he'll just be a monster with a large standing army of conventional weapons

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 31

Where will we go from here? This sequence of events seems most likely:

Der Trumper makes homicidal nutcase his BFF

Nutcase gets recognized as World Leader

Der Trumper removes sanctions from North Korea

North Korea announces a new Trump Tower in Pyongyang

Der Trumper pulls US Troops out of South Korea

Nutcase overruns South Korea, China recognizes United Korea

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

North Korea agrees to ‘complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula' after Trump-Kim summit

Message 28 of 31

This is obviously a good start, certainly preferable to threats of war. But correct me if I'm wrong, I did NOT see any specifics. This may appear on the surface to be a "feel good start", but without the details, we can't evaluate it properly.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 31

PS I'm unsubbing before the mudslinging gets underway. Other stuff to do, ya know? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 31

Oh gosh, nobody has jumped on here yet to decry this meeting as an empty, useless nothing? No one yet has told you that we gave up a lot to get nothing but an extended photo op? No one is quoting the lamestream media's negative spin? Maybe the world really is coming to an end. (Oh, right, they are all waiting for the official talking points. Nevermind.)

BTB, I saw that tweet at the bottom of your post a few minutes ago and, though I have zero followers (really) on Twitter, just had to retweet it. Smiley Happy

It's gonna be a great day! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors