Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: None of the El Paso shooting victims would meet with Trump?

Message 11 of 16

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Only mystery is why ANY of the victims would want to meet the dirtbag whose racism and hate triggered the scum who shot them.

I understand what you are saying but do also understand what I am saying? Puerto Rico is now on their third Governor. because they would not accept the second one.
Do also understand the power of the citizens when they demand anything?  Why am I not seeing that display of discontent?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16

Only mystery is why ANY of the victims would want to meet the dirtbag whose racism and hate triggered the scum who shot them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

@rker321 wrote:

I have one question.  Where there significant protestors  in El Paso to shoe their discontent? of just a the few that could be called Liberals, Democrats etc.

I know a lot of people from New Mexico went down to protest but there was not  lot of time to organize and then Trump hid from public view the entire time he was there. They had the Baby Trump balloon up.  I suspect anyone who protests Trump's racism will be called liberal or Democrat. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

I have one question.  Where there significant protestors  in El Paso to shoe their discontent? of just a the few that could be called Liberals, Democrats etc.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16

Thanks for the info.

coupla tips:

Often, I'll use Google (or another search engine) to search for news articles about a specific incident.

I also Google Alerts to keep track of updates on a specific item. The Alerts automatically and continuously scan the web (as Google is wont to do) and picks up and forwards to the user (me) any articles, etc, related to my particular seach alert. I still get these for arcane issues some years later. Or for news events that I had an interest in and follow up years later. Useful.

@Richva wrote:

I have not read this in any of the local papers and I am not sure how accurate it is but the Daily Mail is reporting that none of the hospitalised victims in the latest shooting would meet the president. 

The remaining eight patients being treated at University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas following a deadly mass shooting over the weekend declined to meet with the president during his visit there Wednesday.

'This is a very sensitive time in their lives,' UMC spokesperson Ryan Mielke told The Washington Post. 'Some of them said they didn't want to meet with the president. Some of them didn't want any visitors.'

Mielke also said the people Donald Trump met with at the hospital were two victims who had already been discharged that returned to the hospital with their families to meet with the president.

Even though the eight victims still being treated didn't meet with Trump, they did accept visits from other Democratic officials, including Texas Representative Veronica Escobar and Illinois Representative Jesus 'Chuy' Garcia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7337185/NONE-shooting-victims-El-Paso-hospital-Donald-Trump...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

None of the El Paso shooting victims would meet with Trump?

Message 16 of 16

I have not read this in any of the local papers and I am not sure how accurate it is but the Daily Mail is reporting that none of the hospitalised victims in the latest shooting would meet the president. 

The remaining eight patients being treated at University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas following a deadly mass shooting over the weekend declined to meet with the president during his visit there Wednesday.

'This is a very sensitive time in their lives,' UMC spokesperson Ryan Mielke told The Washington Post. 'Some of them said they didn't want to meet with the president. Some of them didn't want any visitors.'

Mielke also said the people Donald Trump met with at the hospital were two victims who had already been discharged that returned to the hospital with their families to meet with the president.

Even though the eight victims still being treated didn't meet with Trump, they did accept visits from other Democratic officials, including Texas Representative Veronica Escobar and Illinois Representative Jesus 'Chuy' Garcia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7337185/NONE-shooting-victims-El-Paso-hospital-Donald-Trump...

Kudos
Views
Replies