Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: None of the El Paso shooting victims would meet with Trump?

Message 1 of 16

@MsStretch wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Well last night I suggested we all wait a day or so to see what really took place. This evening we are starting to see cell phone video taken by people who were present when Trump talked. We saw him talk about large his crowd was during his campaign rally there was. (The one he owes the city $500,000 for.) We have seen nothing of him visiting people being treated so it looks like those reports are true. Are we all proud of our President and the way he acted? This is what we the people of the USA gave the world by electing him. It should be the number one priority of every thinking American to get him and all with an R behind their name out of Office in 2020. Never has the USA sunk so low. For shame on all of us for allowing this to happen.

I saw the video, too.  Talking about his great crowd the last time he was in El Paso.  He really can't help himself, can he?  He's got to one-up everything and everybody.  Sad.

The classic narcissist....narcissist who pulls people in and then lies and deceives, imo.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@john258 wrote:

Well last night I suggested we all wait a day or so to see what really took place. This evening we are starting to see cell phone video taken by people who were present when Trump talked. We saw him talk about large his crowd was during his campaign rally there was. (The one he owes the city $500,000 for.) We have seen nothing of him visiting people being treated so it looks like those reports are true. Are we all proud of our President and the way he acted? This is what we the people of the USA gave the world by electing him. It should be the number one priority of every thinking American to get him and all with an R behind their name out of Office in 2020. Never has the USA sunk so low. For shame on all of us for allowing this to happen.

I saw the video, too.  Talking about his great crowd the last time he was in El Paso.  He really can't help himself, can he?  He's got to one-up everything and everybody.  Sad.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

Meanwhile, project continue on resumes.....yesterday, ICE arrest while the children belonging to these people, were in school. Such patriotism, huh?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Not surprising. If I were a victim or a family member, I wouldn’t want to meet any politicians. The only exception to that might be if I thought the most powerful leader in the world was going to offer the only comfort s/he could — fixing the problem.  That ain’t gonna happen. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

The Daily Mail story did cite this article from the Washington Post.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@MaVolta wrote:

This from Huffington Post citing WAPO and KFOX14 / CBS 4 as sources:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-el-paso-shooting-victims-refused_n_5d4bd4e5e4b01e44e4755...

The tv outlet reported that two families refused to meet with the president, but WAPO reported that none of the eight hospitalized victims agreed to meet with Trump. (Five are in critical, three in serious condition). Some of them wanted no visitors at all. That's understandable.

Two victims who had been released earlier reportedly met with the president. 

Thanks. Considering the source I was a bit skeptical. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

This from Huffington Post citing WAPO and KFOX14 / CBS 4 as sources:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-el-paso-shooting-victims-refused_n_5d4bd4e5e4b01e44e4755...

The tv outlet reported that two families refused to meet with the president, but WAPO reported that none of the eight hospitalized victims agreed to meet with Trump. (Five are in critical, three in serious condition). Some of them wanted no visitors at all. That's understandable.

Two victims who had been released earlier reportedly met with the president. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

All should keep in mind no news media were with Trump during his visit to the hospitals so all the photos you are seeing were made by the WH. Give it a day or so and the truth will be out. Trump even had a Campaign Commercial made of the visits which shows all how bad he is.  Last but not least he still has not paid the City the over $500,000 owed them from his last Campaign rally in Jan. or Feb. There were demos there, by our local stories at a park near the site. Last but not least they did their best to hide Trump.  Now is the time for everyone to show Trump the door by voting him out along with everyone with an R behind their name.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@rker321 wrote:

Do also understand the power of the citizens when they demand anything?  Why am I not seeing that display of discontent?

There was protest event held in opposition to the president's visit, #ElPasoStrong. Beto and El Paso Rep Veronica Escobar were both speakers at the event. News reports said there were "several hundred" in attendance in 100+ heat. There is a lot of hurt and anger as one might expect after such a tragedy. 

Kudos
Views