Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: No One Is Talking About Trump Taking Over 4th

Message 11 of 21

A couple of Abrams tanks are now sitting at a railyard in DC, arrived yesterday evening from GA.  But wait!  Trump has announced there will also be some brand new Sherman tanks! 

Only problem is that Shermans haven't been made since the 1950s.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

The only thing I’m worried about is whether my husband will be working that day or not. He works in DC. I hope he can take the day off. Don’t need him down there with a bunch of crazy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

I'm sorry.  Did ANYONE expect this combination con man and moron to do do any less?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

@MsStretch wrote:

We're just thrilled here in DC and NOVA that very busy Reagan Airport will be shut down during the flyover and looking forward to watching 60+-ton tanks roll down the streets demonstrating what Trump really thinks about infrastructure.  (OK, in all honesty, the latter is probably not going to happen - the DC Council 86'd that idea, but they are looking at static displays.)  Not to mention that the NPS is just delighted to take a break from worrying about priorities such as a $11 billion backlog of maintenance needs, instead focusing all their resources and money on this bloated rally. 

I know people who have braved the traffic and the crowds in the past to celebrate the 4th on the Mall, but I have yet to run into anyone who plans on going this year.  Actually, you got it right @mickstuder , no one around here is talking about it -- NOT on the TO-DO list.

But on a lighter note. from the Washington Post:

Anti-Trump protesters, including the group Code Pink, are negotiating with Park Service officials over whether a massive “Trump Baby” balloon they want to fly will comply with flight restrictions that will be in place over the Mall during the Fourth.

But at least one protest is going forward: a group of senior citizens will hold a singalong at the same time as Trump’s speech, in a gathering they’ve dubbed “Make Americans Friends Again.”

The unfortunate thing is the USA'S Independence Celebration will now have the potential to end in violence maybe even deaths 

Charlottesville all over again - except even though it will be the same person inflaming the people on both sides - this time it will be the US PRESIDENT in attendance - in person 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

We're just thrilled here in DC and NOVA that very busy Reagan Airport will be shut down during the flyover and looking forward to watching 60+-ton tanks roll down the streets demonstrating what Trump really thinks about infrastructure.  (OK, in all honesty, the latter is probably not going to happen - the DC Council 86'd that idea, but they are looking at static displays.)  Not to mention that the NPS is just delighted to take a break from worrying about priorities such as a $11 billion backlog of maintenance needs, instead focusing all their resources and money on this bloated rally. 

I know people who have braved the traffic and the crowds in the past to celebrate the 4th on the Mall, but I have yet to run into anyone who plans on going this year.  Actually, you got it right @mickstuder , no one around here is talking about it -- NOT on the TO-DO list.

But on a lighter note. from the Washington Post:

Anti-Trump protesters, including the group Code Pink, are negotiating with Park Service officials over whether a massive “Trump Baby” balloon they want to fly will comply with flight restrictions that will be in place over the Mall during the Fourth.

But at least one protest is going forward: a group of senior citizens will hold a singalong at the same time as Trump’s speech, in a gathering they’ve dubbed “Make Americans Friends Again.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Trump asks for military tanks on the Mall as part of grandiose July Fourth event

tanks .png

Everything We Know About Trump’s July 4 Event

What’s the point?

What’s on the agenda?

TRUMP

flag.png

4f.png

gag.png

SOURCE - http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/everything-we-know-about-trumps-july-4th-event.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=gagging&client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=tus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&v...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

No One Is Talking About Trump Taking Over 4th

What are they going to do if a million people show up at the celebrations to boo Trump?

Is Trump going to have  " his people " ready to silence them, like he does at his rallies ?

Will the police arrest them?

If they do where will they jail them?

Maybe the fourth celebrations will be by invitation only, a political test of some sort, or a political affiliation 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21
It's always about the Donald and nothing or no one else. Whats new?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

I think that some do care and perhaps many millions care. For myself, this is the height of a selfish, egotistical, wanna be dictator...wanting to interject himself into being the center of attention of a current tradition, of which I do watch on tv...but this year?

And far as preventing him from doing this, perhaps many may just choose to not attend...I don’t have any good solutions here and totally dislike trump doing this, but unfortunately there are many other issues which need full attention versus trying to prevent this. 

He just screws with everything for his own benefit, not our benefit!

Just my opinion.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

Trump’s Plan For A 4th Of July Celebration Starring Himself Is Reportedly In The Works

Independence Day festivities in the nation’s capital will now likely include a Trump speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, reports The Washington Post.

Trump and Interior Secretary David Bernhardt have already “taken charge” of the celebration, according to the Post. The fireworks launch will be moved from the Mall to West Potomac Park under the new scheme. And Trump has made “tentative” plans to deliver a speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, Trump administration officials told the newspaper.

Trump first mentioned his plans in February in a tweet, bizarrely urging followers  to “HOLD THE DATE” — as if that had never occurred before to vacationing Americans. He promised then an “address by your favorite President, me!”

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-july-4th-changes-speech_n_5cd62a55e4b0705e47dc5e68

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.