Regular Social Butterfly

No Matter Who Is In Office...πŸ‘

We've done it before and we'll do it again, NO MATTER WHO IS IN OFFICE:

large we will survive July 2020.jpg

HIV/AIDS PANDEMIC (AT ITS PEAK, 2005-2012)

Death Toll: 36 million
Cause: HIV/AIDS
First identified in Democratic Republic of the Congo in 1976, HIV/AIDS has truly proven itself as a global pandemic, killing more than 36 million people since 1981. Currently there are between 31 and 35 million people living with HIV, the vast majority of those are in Sub-Saharan Africa, where 5% of the population is infected, roughly 21 million people. As awareness has grown, new treatments have been developed that make HIV far more manageable, and many of those infected go on to lead productive lives. Between 2005 and 2012 the annual global deaths from HIV/AIDS dropped from 2.2 million to 1.6 million.

FLU PANDEMIC (1968)

Death Toll: 1 million
Cause: Influenza
A category 2 Flu pandemic sometimes referred to as β€œthe Hong Kong Flu,” the 1968 flu pandemic was caused by the H3N2 strain of the Influenza A virus, a genetic offshoot of the H2N2 subtype. From the first reported case on July 13, 1968 in Hong Kong, it took only 17 days before outbreaks of the virus were reported in Singapore and Vietnam, and within three months had spread to The Philippines, India, Australia, Europe, and the United States. While the 1968 pandemic had a comparatively low mortality rate (.5%) it still resulted in the deaths of more than a million people, including 500,000 residents of Hong Kong, approximately 15% of its population at the time.

ASIAN FLU (1956-1958)

Death Toll: 2 million
Cause: Influenza
Asian Flu was a pandemic outbreak of Influenza A of the H2N2 subtype, that originated in China in 1956 and lasted until 1958. In its two-year spree, Asian Flu traveled from the Chinese province of Guizhou to Singapore, Hong Kong, and the United States. Estimates for the death toll of the Asian Flu vary depending on the source, but the World Health Organization places the final tally at approximately 2 million deaths, 69,800 of those in the US alone.

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just an observation: I have known many self-proclaimed racist White Supremacists who said they were "proud to be white". It's actually very common.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Regular Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 wrote:

Just an observation: I have known many self-proclaimed racist White Supremacists who said they were "proud to be white". It's actually very common.

@ChasKy53  lol Sheep, the world is full of'em. 

Your comment is so typical of the idiocy that is going on today.  Taking the cowards way, if someone isn't how you think they should be well just scream racist or white supremacists. Well that gets you nowhere with me.  IF being proud to be white makes me a racist or a white supremacist in todays insane society that's their problem.  I'm proud to be white NO MATTER WHAT I'M LABELED by you or the true racists and cancel culure crazies.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

"You ALL shout this ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY (like THATS a bad thing)...

You couldn't make this crap up...no one would believe it.

Good Lord.... White Supremacy is white supremacy!  What's wrong with that?

euLlO4.gif

They have no idea of the hate the spread..."what's wrong with that"?

giphy (15).gif

fAUCI.gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

They have no idea of the hate the spread..."what's wrong with that"?

sunluvngal wrote: @Centristsin2010

Someone/anyone insinuating that I'M a white supremacist (like the poster did) simply because i say "i'm proud to be white"  is WHAT'S WRONG!  Please know of what you speak before you yammer.

The liberals and democrats are the spreaders of hate.  THEY are the ones screaming  'If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him,'"  (biden about our President)  and "kill the pigs fry'em like bacon", breaking down private gates and threatening to take over peoples houses.  REALLY?  You're right, one can't make this up...but they sure can make up which party is the spreader of  racism and hate!!  And ya'll do it almost daily...

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

They have no idea of the hate they spread..."what's wrong with that"?

sunluvngal wrote: @Centristsin2010

Someone/anyone insinuating that I'M a white supremacist (like the poster did) simply because i say "i'm proud to be white"  is WHAT'S WRONG!  I'm sorry...I would try to explain to you, but I learned it;s against the TOS.

You'll need to figure it out on your own.  Good luck!

Silver Conversationalist

If the KKK members are stupid as well as being racist, they will!

--------------------------------------------------

So you're saying KKK members will vote for Trump?

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Silver Conversationalist

Your "sarcasm" font is ok with me as you learn the real racists are Democrats.  Even LBJ as he signed the civil rights act, said "that'll keep those ####### voting Democrat for the next 100 years"! 

-------------------------------------------------------------

So you're saying members of the KKK will vote for Biden?

Honored Social Butterfly

If the KKK members are stupid as well as being racist, they will!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Loulit wrote:

Your "sarcasm" font is ok with me as you learn the real racists are Democrats.  Even LBJ as he signed the civil rights act, said "that'll keep those ####### voting Democrat for the next 100 years"! 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they supported trump and he won....They're welcome to support Biden, unlike trump, Biden won't support the KKK in return; he's got class.

"Show me the way to go home.  I'm tired and I want to go to bed.  I had a little drink about an hour ago....""Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago...."

Silver Conversationalist

No!  The KKK & the Democrat party have always been hand in hand.

---------------------------------------------------

So you're saying members of the KKK will vote for Biden? I'm not sure if I should use my sarcasm font here. You might be serious.

Honored Social Butterfly

No!  The KKK & the Democrat party have always been hand in hand.

---------------------------------------------------

So you're saying members of the KKK will vote for Biden? I'm not sure if I should use my sarcasm font here. You might be serious.

Honored Social Butterfly

There is absolutely no evidence/proof LBJ made that statement and if he did, that was over 45 years ago.  Meanwhile, White Conservatives are still trying to lynch minorities as evidenced in Indiana on July 4th of THIS YEAR!

To most rational Americans, there is a major difference between saying something racist and trying to lynch someone.  Certainly, you would agree.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm using a liberal source so you can believe it!

Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johnson-civil-rights-racism

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I'm using a liberal source so you can believe it!

Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johnson-civil-rights-racism

When Biden made that dumb comment about "Anyone who votes for Trump is not black", a black acquaintance  said that it is better to support an ally who occasionally puts his foot in it than the person who wants to put you back in chains but talks a good game. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm using an objective source, so it's more likely accurate:

LBJ Unproven Quote 

And as is often the case, facts are ignored. LBJ was in office over 45 years ago.  The racist trump is STILL supported by White Supremacists and other KKK mutants.  Conservatives are still trying to lynch minorities in July 2020.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LBJ Unproven Quote 

Snoopes is not objective! what a crock.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LBJ Unproven Quote 

Must be your opinion as you provided no references...  What a crock indeed.

Honored Social Butterfly

Did You Know
Snopes is created by a liberal husband and wife team who run it out of their home. They've been in hot water many times for trying to give legitimacy to lies.

Honored Social Butterfly

They don't hold a candle compared to the man in the White House, even if true, LOL!!!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 wrote:
They don't hold a candle compared to the man in the White House, even if true, LOL!!!!!!

The only truth to that whine is that it was created by a husband and wife team in their home.  That are NOT Liberal and have been repeatedly cited for their objectivity.

To wit:

Snopes media bias rating is Center.

Snopes has a Center bias, though perhaps close to Lean Left.

AllSides conducted an editorial review of Snopes on June 2, 2020. We concluded that Snopes warrants a Center rating, though most on the team acknowledged that Snopes may have a slight Lean Left bias.

AllSides noted that Snopes doesn't craft headlines as "gotcha!" phrases like other fact checkers do, but instead always poses headlines as a question, which is a more neutral way of addressing claims.

The AllSides team was impressed that Snopes does not label claims in a binary of "true" and "false," but acknowledges nuance and complexity by having a number of labels for its claims, including "mostly true," "miscaptioned," "outdated," "unproven," and others.

Some noted Snopes seems to fact-check right-wing claims a bit more than left-wing claims. Others noted elite bias β€” a type of ideological bias β€” in Snopes' fact checking. Snopes seems to stand by people, not values, and will come to the rescue of the elite class more often than falling on the side of populist concerns and claims. Snopes also seems to fact check falsehoods more often than claims that turn out to be true.

Fact checking implies much nuance, and we noted that when it's a tough call, Snopes does often give a subjective interpretation slightly in favor of the left. For example, some questioned why Snopes stated clearly that Trump did not refer to coronavirus as a "hoax," yet seemed to contradict itself by marking the claim... Another noted that Snopes' claim that mail-in ballots do not increase risk of voter fraud omitted evidence that mail-in voter fraud does occur.

Another example is a piece about the criminal record of George Floyd, which had some left-leaning bias. Snopes stated: "On multiple occasions, police would make sweeps through the complex [Floyd lived in] and end up detaining a large number of men, including Floyd, a neighborhood friend named Tiffany Cofield told the AP. Additionally, Texas has one of the highest incarceration rates in the country, per the Prison Policy Initiative, and several studies show authorities are way more likely to target Black Texans for arrests than white residents." Note that the text does not indicate or investigate why police made sweeps (did they have evidence criminal activity was occurring in the complex?), nor did Snopes ask police for their justification, giving the impression the sweeps were for no reason and were unjust; Snopes also doesn't provide evidence to back up the claim Black Texans are "targeted" overall β€” some on the right say Black Texans are arrested more often because they commit more crime β€” and the sources linked to claim Black Texans are more likely to be arrested for drug possession, not all crimes. Here, Snopes is engaging in slant, a type of media bias when a source doesn't explore both sides or tell the full story.

Snopes features curated Associated Press articles on its site, which are somewhat balanced, but lean left at times. Some team members noted Snopes does not adhere to a set of values or morality in fact-checking claims; it simply checks claims for factual accuracy.

Overall, the AllSides team got the sense that the Snopes editorial team is likely largely made up of left-wing folks, but that Snopes does a good job of being balanced. While some examples of very slight left-wing bias appear, it is not enough to give Snopes a media bias rating of Lean Left; overall, Snopes does a good job of looking only at facts and remaining balanced.

On its staff page, Snopes indicates staff members are barred from participating in political campaigns.

About Snopes

Snopes is a website that says it conducts "fact checking and original, investigative reporting [that] lights the way to evidence-based and contextualized analysis," according to its About page. "We always document our sources so readers are empowered to do independent research and make up their own minds."

According to its Disclosures page, Snopes is "wholly owned and operated by Snopes Media Group Inc. (SMG), a California-based S Corporation. SMG is overseen by a board of directors comprising David Mikkelson, Brad Westbrook, and Chris Richmond."

Authors who have written for Snopes

David Mikkelson, Dan Macguill, Dan MacGuill, Bethania Palma, Kim Lacapria, Kim LaCapria, Dan Evon and 2 more. See full list.

This list is provided by our.news. It is a beta feature and may not be 100% accurate.

The GOP has often falsely claimed they were Liberal because they, the GOP has often been revealed by Snopes as liars!  Just like the man in the White House.  So, their followers often throw stones.  If only, any "White-wing" sources were as balanced as Snopes...

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LBJ Unproven Quote 

I thought it was odd when the Regressive movement started bringing up Hillary again. THIS is completely out of left field. Doesn't anyone in the asylum care about racism today? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Ah yes. The KKK.....or.......as ONE moron called them.........."Very fine people".

Honored Social Butterfly

I love that the Regressives want us to get our news from the 1800s. If you look at Trump's racism and incompetence from THIS WEEK you can see why. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Progressive regressives would rather get their history from made up facts from Politico, or CNN, or MSNBC.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The Progressive regressives would rather get their history from made up facts from Politico, or CNN, or MSNBC.

Progressive regressive???? .... a contradiction of terms.

+ Made up facts??? .... followed by another contradiction of terms.

= Makes no sense!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Not if you are liberal in thought and foolish in your demands!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not if you are liberal in thought and foolish in your demands!

That makes no sense.

Regular Social Butterfly

myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

= Makes no sense!

@myexper See the thing is, the looney libs/dimmacrats ARE a "contradiction of terms".  

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

= Makes no sense!

@myexper See the thing is, the looney libs/dimmacrats ARE a "contradiction of terms".  

I agree .... "looney" is the opposite of well informed intelligent "liberals/Democrats"!

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png