Message 11 of 276

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I think I understand now.  Only left wing hatred matters!

Your erroneous conclusion clearly indicates that you do not understand.

The "hatred" toward gay people has only been exhibited by the "right" in this thread. The "left" defended gay people from the right's unjustified attacks on gay people.

The biggest hate group is the LEFT. They hate the right, they hate Trump, they hate freedom (to make cakes that don't disagree with your religion, morals, or way of life), they hate tax breaks, they hate work, they hate small government.

Suggestion: move to Venezuela where they already have your way of life.

Nothing but rabid, unsubstantiated accusations ....

Most of the time, truth is painful.

Made up rabid accusations are NOT "truth" as you'd like to believe NOTHAPPENING ..... They're erroneous personal opinions.

Yours are the personal erroneous opinions!

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING. I posted facts and verifiable references as opposed to rabid, unsubstantiated false accusations!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: No Cake for You, LGTBQ

Message 12 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A very reasonable and respectful response a opposed to the offensive one  you were responding to.

Consider that liberals are more prone to being offensive to those that doesn't share their views. 

When those "views" attempt to justify discrimination against others Tex, it's the "views" that are "offensive"!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

"my arguments" are based upon our CONSTITUTION'S implied SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE as well as FEDERAL LAW which prohibits discrimination against gay people!

My OPINION is based on the Supreme Court decision and the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.  Both of which you and the other poster has consistently been ignoring. 

Not true Tex. I nor "the other poster" never ignored the First Amendment. We both indicated that the religious freedom afforded by the Constitution does not allow a person to impose their religious beliefs on others.

One shouldn't lose their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS just because they go into business.

And nobody stated otherwise Tex, as you fallaciously imply. 

And they have as much right to their Christian beliefs as the gay couple (and you) have with yours. 

Again Tex .... And nobody stated otherwise, contrary to your false implication.

The baker isn't denying the couple's rights since he is willing to sell them any stock cake in the store,

..... But not EVERY SERVICE that he provides to all others Tex!

just that he cannot design anything commemorating their wedding.

Because he wants to discriminate against gay people Tex!

He even states this on his website:  "Masterpiece Cakeshop will happily create custom cakes for anyone. But like many cake artists, Jack cannot create all custom cakes. He cannot create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events that conflict with his religious beliefs." 

..... Unsubstantiated "religious beliefs" Tex .... I.E. : the baker is attempting to use his unsubstantiated religious beliefs to justify his discrimination against gay people! 

Further, since the Supreme Court has decided this case, why are you continuing to keep this going with a nonsensical argument ad infinitum?  This is much like beating a dead horse.

Not when posters manipulate the Supreme Court ruling to justify discrimination against gay people .... or look the other way on the Constitution's separation of Church and State which prohibits a person from imposing their religious beliefs on others Tex!.

You can find the baker's address and phone number on his website, so why not take it up with him.

He is not making false made up accusations against me and my postings Tex. As such, I "took it up" with the poster who was making those false made up accusations.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 276

@myexper 

Very interesting that so many are offended by your truthful statements...all in observance of Federal law, along with the rights and freedoms of “all” citizens of our Country. 

Which then begs to ask: what takes priority, Federal law, which is to not discriminate against others. Or religious beliefs which may give followers the okay to discriminate against others?

Priority: Federal or Religious?

Solution: if you wish to do business with those that you deem to be worthy according to religious beliefs, then set your business up in a area such as an evangelical church where there will be no concern about your beliefs. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 276

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I think I understand now.  Only left wing hatred matters!

Your erroneous conclusion clearly indicates that you do not understand.

The "hatred" toward gay people has only been exhibited by the "right" in this thread. The "left" defended gay people from the right's unjustified attacks on gay people.

The biggest hate group is the LEFT. They hate the right, they hate Trump, they hate freedom (to make cakes that don't disagree with your religion, morals, or way of life), they hate tax breaks, they hate work, they hate small government.

Suggestion: move to Venezuela where they already have your way of life.

Nothing but rabid, unsubstantiated accusations ....

Most of the time, truth is painful.

Made up rabid accusations are NOT "truth" as you'd like to believe NOTHAPPENING ..... They're erroneous personal opinions.

Yours are the personal erroneous opinions!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 276

@rk9152 wrote:

A very reasonable and respectful response a opposed to the offensive one  you were responding to.

Consider that liberals are more prone to being offensive to those that doesn't share their views. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 276

@myexper wrote:

"my arguments" are based upon our CONSTITUTION'S implied SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE as well as FEDERAL LAW which prohibits discrimination against gay people!

My OPINION is based on the Supreme Court decision and the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.  Both of which you and the other poster has consistently been ignoring.  One shouldn't lose their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS just because they go into business. 

And they have as much right to their Christian beliefs as the gay couple (and you) have with yours.  The baker isn't denying the couple's rights since he is willing to sell them any stock cake in the store, just that he cannot design anything commemorating their wedding.

He even states this on his website:  "Masterpiece Cakeshop will happily create custom cakes for anyone. But like many cake artists, Jack cannot create all custom cakes. He cannot create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events that conflict with his religious beliefs."  

Further, since the Supreme Court has decided this case, why are you continuing to keep this going with a nonsensical argument ad infinitum?  This is much like beating a dead horse.  

You can find the baker's address and phone number on his website, so why not take it up with him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

On a visit to the Denver area, a while ago, I went to Masterpiece Cakeshop, said that even though I am straight, I wanted to commission a cake with a rainbow and the words - "every time you see a rainbow God is having gay sex".

It was an enjoyable visit...

I ended up decorating my own lovely cake...

Sure...probably at home.  From their website this disclaimer:

"Masterpiece Cakeshop will happily create custom cakes for anyone. But like many cake artists, Jack cannot create all custom cakes. He cannot create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events that conflict with his religious beliefs."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Everyone has the right to practice their religion as they see fit AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.  Why do you have such a hard problem with that. If you go into business, you have an obligation to serve all customers equally. 

The baker has the same rights. 

And Richva NEVER stated otherwise Tex, as you falsely imply.

Why do YOU have a hard problem with that?

The "problem" resides with the fact that the baker falsely believes his rights to practice his religion allow him to take away the rights of others .... in this case, gay people.

He doesn't give up those rights either when he goes into business.

When he goes into business Tex, he does not have the right to refuse his services to gay people .... the SAME services he provides to others!

Both of you have a good day as well.  Your opinions doesn't supersede those of mine either.

No opinions Tex ... just FACTS.

And those pesky FACTS do supersede opinions every time Tex .... including yours!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 276

@jimc91 wrote:

@myexper , Your rights and freedoms do not give you the authority or right to infringe on the freedoms and rights of others.  

SCOTUS has determined that...

And I NEVER stated otherwise jimc91, as you falsely implied!

But you did just verify that a person does not have the right to impose their religious beliefs on others, as SCOTUS determined and as I have argued throughout this thread!!!

As such, the baker had no "right nor auhority" to "infringe on the freedom and rights" of the gay couple!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors