Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: No Cake for You, LGTBQ

Message 51 of 276

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The biggest hate group is the LEFT. They hate the right, they hate Trump, they hate freedom (to make cakes that don't disagree with your religion, morals, or way of life), they hate tax breaks, they hate work, they hate small government.

Suggestion: move to Venezuela where they already have your way of life.

Your theory is that the LEFT hates freedom?  You do realize the whole point of this thread is to deny a couple in Oregon the freedom to buy a cake like any other couple, right?

@Richva , The couple does have the freedom to buy a cake without interference from the government or anyone else.  

The baker has the freedom to practice his religion or worship without interference from the government or anyone else.

I don't see the problem.  

Are you suggesting the couple has the authority to demand the baker sell a product he does not offer or make?

I want a 2 cylinder diesel hybrid 72 volt city commuter.  Do I have the authority to demand Ford build me one?  I think not!

Your freedom does not give you the authority to demand that I sell something I simply do not offer or manufacture.  In what world would that make any sense at all?

The left is proving that they are the biggest hate group.  You should demand that GM make you a custom 7 cylinder Corvette because you desire one.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 276

@Richva wrote:

The same one that says you have freedom of religion but that does not give you the right to burn MY church down.

Nor the right to dictate what mine believes.  The state is evolving much like Communist China who attempts to control religion, dictating approved doctrine and ministers in churches. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 276

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The biggest hate group is the LEFT. They hate the right, they hate Trump, they hate freedom (to make cakes that don't disagree with your religion, morals, or way of life), they hate tax breaks, they hate work, they hate small government.

Your theory is that the LEFT hates freedom?

My "theory" is TRUE.

You do realize the whole point of this thread is to deny a couple in Oregon the freedom to buy a cake like any other couple, right?

The left always denies the freedom of other people's rights - not to make a custom cake that violates their religion and their values.  They are NOT discriminating since they were selling any "off the shelf" item to the people.  What right has the left to DEMAND that they violate their beliefs? Therefore, that is the reason that I say that the left hates freedom - freedom to make cakes that agree with their value system.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 276

@jimc91 wrote:

Your freedom does not give you the authority to demand that I sell something I simply do not offer or manufacture.  In what world would that make any sense at all?

Of course.  This has been twisted and turned to suit these posters' philosophy.  The baker didn't refuse to sell the couple a cake as they were welcome to have bought any design or cake with stock designs.  Hadn't they been previous customers of the business?

The baker just declined to specially design a cake marking their gay wedding.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 276

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Your theory is that the LEFT hates freedom?  You do realize the whole point of this thread is to deny a couple in Oregon the freedom to buy a cake like any other couple, right?

@Richva , The couple does have the freedom to buy a cake without interference from the government or anyone else.  

The baker has the freedom to practice his religion or worship without interference from the government or anyone else.

I don't see the problem.  

Are you suggesting the couple has the authority to demand the baker sell a product he does not offer or make?

I want a 2 cylinder diesel hybrid 72 volt city commuter.  Do I have the authority to demand Ford build me one?  I think not!

The same one that says you have freedom of religion but that does not give you the right to burn MY church down.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 276

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't see the problem.  

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 276

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 276

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

An observation:

When you claim that discrimination against your religious beliefs might violate your rights, perhaps your religious beliefs might discriminate against others rights?

But how is the religious person violating the rights of gays?  The religious believer didn't go out of his/her way to discriminate against others.   Gays came to them demanding they do something that the religious one didn't want to do.  There wasn't any refusal to sell other stock cakes to anyone.

Why not ask the left if they would have a problem with a request that's turned down for seeking an anti gay cake or one that depicted hate toward minorities.  Would they condone his refusal then or would the response be, that's different?

It is "different" NOTHAPPENING as there are Federal Laws laws prohibiting the hate action you describe.

It is exactly the same thing.

No it's not NOTHAPPENING.

Hate is hate

It's different when "hate" violates Federal hate crime laws.

Because the left says no does not change the situation.

Federal hate crime laws "change the situation" NOTHAPPENING.

If a Nazi came in and asked for a cake bearing the picture of Hitler along with swastikas and the baker refused his request, that is OK with the left but gays have special rules that FORCE the baker to comply with their request even though the baker doesn't approve of them?  Get real.

"Get acquainted" with Federal hate crime laws NOTHAPPENING ...... as well as Federal laws which prohibit discrimination against protected minorities  like gay people.

Your logic is off kilter. 

No ... it's based on Federal Laws!

He shouldn't be FORCED to comply with either request. He must be FORCED to sell off the shelf items to ANYONE!

"He" is not allowed to deny his public "services" to "ANYONE" lest he be liable for discrimination against "SOMEONE".

I think I understand now.  Only left wing hatred matters!

Your erroneous conclusion clearly indicates that you do not understand.

The "hatred" toward gay people has only been exhibited by the "right" in this thread. The "left" defended gay people from the right's unjustified attacks on gay people.

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

An observation:

When you claim that discrimination against your religious beliefs might violate your rights, perhaps your religious beliefs might discriminate against others rights?

But how is the religious person violating the rights of gays?  The religious believer didn't go out of his/her way to discriminate against others.   Gays came to them demanding they do something that the religious one didn't want to do.  There wasn't any refusal to sell other stock cakes to anyone.

Why not ask the left if they would have a problem with a request that's turned down for seeking an anti gay cake or one that depicted hate toward minorities.  Would they condone his refusal then or would the response be, that's different?

It is "different" NOTHAPPENING as there are Federal Laws laws prohibiting the hate action you describe.

It is exactly the same thing.

No it's not NOTHAPPENING.

Hate is hate

It's different when "hate" violates Federal hate crime laws.

Because the left says no does not change the situation.

Federal hate crime laws "change the situation" NOTHAPPENING.

If a Nazi came in and asked for a cake bearing the picture of Hitler along with swastikas and the baker refused his request, that is OK with the left but gays have special rules that FORCE the baker to comply with their request even though the baker doesn't approve of them?  Get real.

"Get acquainted" with Federal hate crime laws NOTHAPPENING ...... as well as Federal laws which prohibit discrimination against protected minorities  like gay people.

Your logic is off kilter. 

No ... it's based on Federal Laws!

He shouldn't be FORCED to comply with either request. He must be FORCED to sell off the shelf items to ANYONE!

"He" is not allowed to deny his public "services" to "ANYONE" lest he be liable for discrimination against "SOMEONE".

I think I understand now.  Only left wing hatred matters!

Your erroneous conclusion clearly indicates that you do not understand.

The "hatred" toward gay people has only been exhibited by the "right" in this thread. The "left" defended gay people from the right's unjustified attacks on gay people.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 276

Would it matter if it was a civil ceremony instead of a religious one? 

And, if a religious ceremony, does the baker get to decide which religious actually talk for God? 

If the baker can refuse service, can the hospital?  Can the police officer refuse to protect LGBTQ? The military?  The local veterinarian?  Can they be refused service in a restaurant? 

If the cake was for a committment ceremony instead of a wedding?

How does that work? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

And once again, religion beliefs are covered, but we are not governed by religious law. The Constitution does not say that we need to follow religious law, nor does it state that we need to have a belief in any particular religion. Religion is an option, that we may choose to participate in, or not. 

But we are expected, as citizens, to follow laws and directives of the Constitution for the good of all. 

In other words the Constitution supersedes any directives provided by any particular branch of religion. 

I have already posted the references where those with religious beliefs believe that the gay environment is against the commandments of God.  But here are the references again:  Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, and 1 Timothy 1:9–10.

And ALL of those references were thoroughly de-bunkrd Tex!

But it is erroneous to say that the Constitution supersedes any directives provided by any religion  based on these words from the First Amendment:  "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"   That amendment gives us the freedom to worship without government interference; this includes adhering to our beliefs.

Wrong Tex .... The Constitution cannot be superseded by any religions's beliefs .... part of separation of church and state in the Constitution Tex!

If what you believed was actually true, then laws against homicide would "prohibit certain religions from exercising their belief" that gay people must be executed!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views