WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: No Cake for You, LGTBQ

Message 261 of 276

It seems to me that it is no-ones business what religion or sexual preference a couple is.

You are in business to do business, make money and support yourself, your family or whomever. Many small businesses thrive because of word of mouth, so putting prejudice aside, it seems to me to be stupid to refuse to do business with a reasonable person. That bad attitude goes the rounds and the business will suffer.

Sir Granny Tracy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 262 of 276

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Homophobes and anti-LGBTQ fanatics are the ones who fear homosexuality - why?

Because they are not absolutely certain they might not come to like being trapped on the proverbial desert island with another of the same sex, and fear that they might have considerable difficulties returning to heterosexual orientation.

A study at the University of Georgia in 1996 concluded that homophobes most likely are closeted gays. 

The Harder They Deny, The Harder They Get - YouTube

The plethysmograph worn by homophobes didn't lie....

That's why homophobes are so rabid - they are desperately keeping their own closet door firmly shut.

The truth about homophobia has been well known and established for over 20 years...

If LGBTQ dislikes it, I suggest that they boycott the homophobic cake bakers.

I know it's a giant surprise to homophobic bigots - but LGBTQ people do boycott the homophobic cake bakers - not only LGBTQ people boycott them - but so do a great many normal sane and rational straight people who can clearly see

that the homophobic cake bakers are a bubble or two off of plumb.

On a visit to the Denver area, a while ago, I went to Masterpiece Cakeshop, said that even though I am straight, I wanted to commission a cake with a rainbow and the words - "every time you see a rainbow God is having gay sex".

It was an enjoyable visit...

I ended up decorating my own lovely cake...

Remarkably, you just admitted to NOT being one of those, "great many normal sane and rational straight people who can clearly see that the homophobic cake bakers are a bubble or two off of plumb."  Let me guess, the cake baker boycotted you and you enjoyed it.

Worse, yet, you also admitted to being someone who eats with his eyes.

Not a problem for me - I find that I am pleased to know that I am not a profoundly disturbed in the closet latent homosexual that's deeply in denial and hiding in the closet with fellow homophobes...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 263 of 276

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - he even admits that his policies are discriminatory - un-American and bigoted...

To the contrary, just saying that he has as much right to his religious beliefs, as an artist or individual, as an LGTB person to theirs.  The question is why anyone goes to such lengths to force someone to violate their religious beliefs?  Do they think that it would make others think more highly of them?

Wouldn't it be bigoted for not respecting that the baker has a right to his religious beliefs?

Have a good evening and have fun decorating that cake.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 264 of 276

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Because they are not absolutely certain they might not come to like being trapped on the proverbial desert island with another of the same sex, and fear that they might have considerable difficulties returning to heterosexual orientation.

A study at the University of Georgia in 1996 concluded that homophobes most likely are closeted gays. 

That's why homophobes are so rabid - they are desperately keeping their own closet door firmly shut.

The truth about homophobia has been well known and established for over 20 years...

I know it's a giant surprise to homophobic bigots - but LGBTQ people do boycott the homophobic cake bakers - not only LGBTQ people boycott them - but so do a great many normal sane and rational straight people who can clearly see

On a visit to the Denver area, a while ago, I went to Masterpiece Cakeshop, said that even though I am straight, I wanted to commission a cake with a rainbow and the words - "every time you see a rainbow God is having gay sex".

Remarkably, you just admitted to NOT being one of those, "great many normal sane and rational straight people who can clearly see that the homophobic cake bakers are a bubble or two off of plumb."  Let me guess, the cake baker boycotted you and you enjoyed it.

Worse, yet, you also admitted to being someone who eats with his eyes.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 265 of 276

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Sure...probably at home. 

Yep - at home - with the assistance of a lesbian niece who has multiple degrees in art.

From their website this disclaimer:

"Masterpiece Cakeshop will happily create custom cakes for anyone. But like many cake artists, Jack cannot create all custom cakes. He cannot create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events that conflict with his religious beliefs."

Yep - he even admits that his policies are discriminatory - un-American and bigoted...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 266 of 276

@alferdpacker wrote:

Sure...probably at home.  From their website this disclaimer:

"Masterpiece Cakeshop will happily create custom cakes for anyone. But like many cake artists, Jack cannot create all custom cakes. He cannot create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events that conflict with his religious beliefs."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 267 of 276

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 268 of 276

@alferdpacker wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 269 of 276

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 270 of 276

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Funny thing about civil rights. When the people being discriminated against show that they are willing to fight for those rights every....single....time someone else tries to deny them, the folks trying to discriminate get the message no matter who wins the first court cases.  I believe that is called "the handwriting on the wall"

Yes, the people being discriminated against are religious bakers and the folks doing the discriminating are LGBTQ and their lackey local governments.

Looks like you pushed he cry baby button.

Kudos
Views