Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Nixon Fires Cox = Trump Fires Comey

Message 31 of 57

@pc6063 wrote:

AP-- and because the White House is so out of touch with the public, it is today stunned at the outcry and out rage of Americans all over the nation. So as it, as per usual with Trump when the lies just won't wash, the story begins to change.

No one is buying the ridiculous story fact Comey was mean to Hillary Clinton, everybody knows that Comey was getting too close to trump.  What is really sad is that at a time where taxpayer money could be used for some good, the American people constantly have to pay for trump'scoverups,  conspiracy theories, and out and out lies.

CNN is saying this could become a constitutional showdown, just like Watergate.

You are right AP,  trump will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. After all, this is the largest audience this television huckster has ever commanded.

"Mean to Hillary" - ridiculous story - just a week or so ago Hillary was blaming him for her loss. You really can't rewrite history that fast. And "Comey was getting too close to Trump" - and that is why he was fired????

It is good that CNN as resolved the legal issues. And I heard that "Tingle Thighs" has also weighed in

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 57

AP-- and because the White House is so out of touch with the public, it is today stunned at the outcry and out rage of Americans all over the nation. So as it, as per usual with Trump when the lies just won't wash, the story begins to change.

No one is buying the ridiculous story fact Comey was mean to Hillary Clinton, everybody knows that Comey was getting too close to trump.  What is really sad is that at a time where taxpayer money could be used for some good, the American people constantly have to pay for trump'scoverups,  conspiracy theories, and out and out lies.

CNN is saying this could become a constitutional showdown, just like Watergate.

You are right AP,  trump will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. After all, this is the largest audience this television huckster has ever commanded.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

pc - of course some aren't buying into it, it is embarrassing. It shouldn't be, Marxism is a perfectly valid ideology that has withstood the test of time. Unfortunately, Stalin gave it a bad name and our modern Marxist haven't the guts (or ability) to separate themselves from him and stand up for their beliefs.

And back to Comey - many words but little meaning. A week ago - hate Comey; today - support Comey. Yet, it is the same Comey.

There are posters that love to equate Marxism with Liberals, Progressives, Democrats. and yes is a fantasy created by a mind that cannot accept other ideas.

If Comey was disliked by Democrats, and perhaps they had reasons to dislike him that does not preclude Trumps actions on the firing of Comey today.
I would say, What is he trying to hide, what is it that he doesn't want Americans to find out.?  too many dots to connect. where will they take us? I don't understand, the investigation is not going to stop, so how many more FBI directors is he willing to fire? and not, he will not put one of his stooges in that place. The Senate will see to that. I believe that no matter what, Those men in the Senate do have respect for the position that they command.

How does firing Comey effect, "what is it he doesn't want Americans to find out"? He fired the guy, he didn't cut his tongue out.

I too am anxious for these investigations to be concluded so that the government can get back to governing.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

There are posters that love to equate Marxism with Liberals, Progressives, Democrats. and yes is a fantasy created by a mind that cannot accept other ideas.

If Comey was disliked by Democrats, and perhaps they had reasons to dislike him that does not preclude Trumps actions on the firing of Comey today.
I would say, What is he trying to hide, what is it that he doesn't want Americans to find out.?  too many dots to connect. where will they take us? I don't understand, the investigation is not going to stop, so how many more FBI directors is he willing to fire? and not, he will not put one of his stooges in that place. The Senate will see to that. I believe that no matter what, Those men in the Senate do have respect for the position that they command.

It's no coincidence that only one here is bandying those fetid marxist fantasies about.

You and I understand why quite well.

There are now Republican Senators who are considering the good of the country to be more important than supporting what many now believe to be an utterly corrupt and dishonest individual.

I strongly suspect that trump will have to be removed kicking and screaming...

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

-

I have to agree that Trump made a great mistake in firing Comey, especially since he was investigating his relationship with Russia.  He didn't help any by having a private conference with the Russian Foreign Minister today, with photos being released by a Russian news agency.

As a result of the firing, any person he recommends or places as head of the FBI will be suspect.  He's making the same mistake that Nixon did when he was being investigated which led to his resignation.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

pc - of course some aren't buying into it, it is embarrassing. It shouldn't be, Marxism is a perfectly valid ideology that has withstood the test of time. Unfortunately, Stalin gave it a bad name and our modern Marxist haven't the guts (or ability) to separate themselves from him and stand up for their beliefs.

And back to Comey - many words but little meaning. A week ago - hate Comey; today - support Comey. Yet, it is the same Comey.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 57

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk--since This neoMarxist thing is no more than a fantasy,  I cannot intelligently respond to your post. 

Oh-oh - it's the memory thing, you already did.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 57

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 57

Rk--since This neoMarxist thing is no more than a fantasy,  I cannot intelligently respond to your post. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 57

Much talk of impeachment here on this place.  My place too.  I make a humble plea to keep your arguments rational and focused without indulging in wishful thinking.  Grounds for impeachment have been cited here.  To date impeachment would not be supported in the partisan Congress. 

We will, undoubtedly, have to wait for the conclusion of an independent investigation of alleged wrong-doing under which 'the donald' could be impeached and Congress would concur.  The circumstances now are that the lead criminal investigator, a 'career' officer, has been rendered ineffective in that role.  That may be intentional.  What I think:

Efforts now should be to demand AND get an absolutely complete, thorough, objective and comprehensive investigation into ALL allegations of misconduct of officials IN POWER so as to prevent further damage. Nothing less will suffice.

Results MUST be immediately and fully disclosed, subject to classified status.  This is not the time to indulge in partisan politics.  Certainly not the time to put Party or Office above Country.  Whatever else anyone may 'believe'  the confidence in the entire Government of the United States has been deliberately destroyed by the actions of a foreign agency.  Self-serving demagogue[s] have likely participated...knowingly or not...in order to acquire power. That is an observation, but I 'believe' when all evidence is considered it will prove to be true.

In the meantime, that foreign agency continues to actively sow seeds of discord in any vulnerable spot.  It serves their purpose. Either Party will do.  With a great deal of help from within the United States, that foreign agency has managed to turn the Government of the United States against itself and against all the People it governs. 

No matter who and what you think you are you need to take a good long look at where your real allegiance lies.  They're laughing--we're hurting. That's intolerable.  IF you cannot put this behind you for the sake of the Country of which you are a Citizen, Webster's has a fine definition of 'traitor'.  Look it up.  'Traitors' cost lives and for that their own lives are justifiably forfeit. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors