Honored Social Butterfly

Nixon Fires Cox = Trump Fires Comey

C'mon the Regression of the USA to a Non-Democracy is accelerating.........................

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Tuesday fired FBI Director James Comey after his attorney general and deputy attorney general recommended his removal.

"The FBI is one of our nation's most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement," Trump said in a statement.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said shortly before 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday that Comey was "notified a short time ago," but declined to say how Comey was notified. Comey's dismissal took effect immediately.

Spicer told reporters that Comey "accepted the recommendation of the deputy attorney general and the attorney general," who both recommended Comey's "dismissal."

The White House said it will immediately launch the search for a new FBI director.
Comey was appointed FBI director by President Barack Obama in 2013.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Something that Trump does that only Nixon has done (fire someone investigating him) is only considered as normal or 'good' in the world of blind partisan donaldvoters.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Something that Trump does that only Nixon has done (fire someone investigating him) is only considered as normal or 'good' in the world of blind partisan donaldvoters.

But Comey was not investigating President Trump. The "alternate universe" (described above) is inhabited by the blind, hatred filled anti-Trump people who still have not grown up enough to live with their disappointment over not getting their own way in the past election.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

But Comey was not investigating President Trump. The "alternate universe" (described above) is inhabited by the blind, hatred filled anti-Trump people who still have not grown up enough to live with their disappointment over not getting their own way in the past election.

So the Comey and the current Acting Director of the FBI have been lying?

Honored Social Butterfly

Posted this in another topic but it is appropriate here as well:

--

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Chas-- funny, but trump is so ignorant about history, that I can imagine he wouldn't know who Nixon, "I am not a crook, " was.

To bed too, these two men seem to have so much in common.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Chas-- funny, but trump is so ignorant about history, that I can imagine he wouldn't know who Nixon, "I am not a crook, " was.

Honored Social Butterfly

Mark Levin's comments on this comparison:

“Let me be very specific,” Levin continued. “Richard Nixon during Watergate ordered the Attorney General to fire the special prosecutor, he refused. Then he ordered the Deputy Attorney General to fire the special prosecutor, and he refused. Here, the Deputy Attorney General writes a memorandum, urging the Attorney General and the president to fire the FBI Director. The Attorney General attaches it to a letter, endorses it, and the President of the United States fires him. It has nothing to do with Watergate. But of course the media and the Democrats, one and the same, want it to deal with Watergate.”

“The president did not order, in any respect, an end to the Russian investigation,” he repeated.

“But I have a couple of questions, if I might, for Chuck Schumer, who is the leading demagogue in all this,” Levin added. “Tell me something, Mr. Schumer, can you name a single Russian, just one, who colluded with Donald Trump and his campaign? Just give us one. One. You got intelligence committees who have been investigating, you’ve had this interminable federal investigation that’s going on, let’s have it!”

“Now, I have another question for Mr. Schumer,” he continued. “You like these independent special prosecutors. Sean, have you noticed they all use the same phrases. We can’t trust the Justice Department to investigate. They can’t even name the FBI agents who are involved in this investigation. I’m sure they are career agents that’ll do their job regardless of who the FBI Director is.”

“But Mr. Schumer likes these independent special prosecutors,” Levin said. “Let me ask you something sir, do you support an independent special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton and her multiple violations of the espionage act? Do you support an independent special prosecutor for the Obama administration’s surveillance and unmasking of Trump transition team members, and God knows who else? The Israeli ambassador was surveilled. The prime minister of Israel was surveilled. Members of Congress were surveilled. Jewish leaders and Jewish groups were surveilled. How about an independent investigation of that?”

“Got another one, Mr. Schumer,” he continued. “How about an independent special prosecutor to investigate this whole seedy Iranian Deal. With the secret deals, the ransom payments, the release of terrorists that we find out after the fact.”

http://linkis.com/www.theblaze.com/new/rz0NW

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Jim--of course, today (CNN) we are learning that Rosenstein feels he was duped by the master manipulator, who asked him to write something up.  Word has it that Rosenstein almost quit.

Well, whatever, sooner or later, enough people will put country before self and the house of card and the joker at the top will all come tumbling down.

If we all get real, Comey was to close to the ties between the pres. And Russia. Everyone who is anyone knows it--the nation is in an uproar--the majority of the American people know this was trump abusing his power of president to avoid the truth being revealed.

But, the truth will be revealed and this Facist dictator, acting under the guise of a pres. will be exposed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

Jim--of course, today (CNN) we are learning that Rosenstein feels he was duped by the master manipulator, who asked him to write something up.  Word has it that Rosenstein almost quit.

Well, whatever, sooner or later, enough people will put country before self and the house of card and the joker at the top will all come tumbling down.

If we all get real, Comey was to close to the ties between the pres. And Russia. Everyone who is anyone knows it--the nation is in an uproar--the majority of the American people know this was trump abusing his power of president to avoid the truth being revealed.

But, the truth will be revealed and this Facist dictator, acting under the guise of a pres. will be exposed.

He did not want to take sole responsibility for the firing. Let's not overdramatize.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

RK--I guess you haven't heard the latest version of the "story."  In an interview with Lester Holt, trump said that he made the decision to fire Comey.  Well, that's about the 100th variation.  Stay tuned for the next 100, so that you can stay up on your excuses for the incompetent you so vigoriously defend

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--I guess you haven't heard the latest version of the "story."  In an interview with Lester Holt, trump said that he made the decision to fire Comey.  Well, that's about the 100th variation.  Stay tuned for the next 100, so that you can stay up on your excuses for the incompetent you so vigoriously defend

Each interview has different questions. The answer to different questions should be different. No variations, just an obsession with finding something that isn't there.

If you thing that there are real differences, please post them and we can have a discussion.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

Each interview has different questions. The answer to different questions should be different. No variations, just an obsession with finding something that isn't there.

If you thing that there are real differences, please post them and we can have a discussion.

I have not doubt that the interviews that you see, you can see all of those distortions. I guess we see different  media stations and read different newspapers. but even the Wall Street Journal and a  well known Trump supporter is now questioning the story as well. 
No joy, only sadness. not even I told you so.   We are reaching the point of no return. and is coming a lot quicker that anyone expected.
I am so sorry that all of this has turned the way it has. And there is a  need to have a resolution to all of this.
Yes, we need to go back to governingn but under the present circumstances this is becoming more difficult with each passing day.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I have not doubt that the interviews that you see, you can see all of those distortions. I guess we see different  media stations and read different newspapers. but even the Wall Street Journal and a  well known Trump supporter is now questioning the story as well. 
No joy, only sadness. not even I told you so.   We are reaching the point of no return. and is coming a lot quicker that anyone expected.
I am so sorry that all of this has turned the way it has. And there is a  need to have a resolution to all of this.
Yes, we need to go back to governingn but under the present circumstances this is becoming more difficult with each passing day.

The issue is not who watches or reads what. The issue is that each interview has different questions or different emphasises.

So as I said to pc, if you see real differences between answers, please post them so we can have a discussion.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Much talk of impeachment here on this place.  My place too.  I make a humble plea to keep your arguments rational and focused without indulging in wishful thinking.  Grounds for impeachment have been cited here.  To date impeachment would not be supported in the partisan Congress. 

We will, undoubtedly, have to wait for the conclusion of an independent investigation of alleged wrong-doing under which 'the donald' could be impeached and Congress would concur.  The circumstances now are that the lead criminal investigator, a 'career' officer, has been rendered ineffective in that role.  That may be intentional.  What I think:

Efforts now should be to demand AND get an absolutely complete, thorough, objective and comprehensive investigation into ALL allegations of misconduct of officials IN POWER so as to prevent further damage. Nothing less will suffice.

Results MUST be immediately and fully disclosed, subject to classified status.  This is not the time to indulge in partisan politics.  Certainly not the time to put Party or Office above Country.  Whatever else anyone may 'believe'  the confidence in the entire Government of the United States has been deliberately destroyed by the actions of a foreign agency.  Self-serving demagogue[s] have likely participated...knowingly or not...in order to acquire power. That is an observation, but I 'believe' when all evidence is considered it will prove to be true.

In the meantime, that foreign agency continues to actively sow seeds of discord in any vulnerable spot.  It serves their purpose. Either Party will do.  With a great deal of help from within the United States, that foreign agency has managed to turn the Government of the United States against itself and against all the People it governs. 

No matter who and what you think you are you need to take a good long look at where your real allegiance lies.  They're laughing--we're hurting. That's intolerable.  IF you cannot put this behind you for the sake of the Country of which you are a Citizen, Webster's has a fine definition of 'traitor'.  Look it up.  'Traitors' cost lives and for that their own lives are justifiably forfeit. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Can you imagine the uproar from the Trump lovers if President Obama would have fired Comey after his national presentation before Congress essentially destroyed what was left of Hillary's faltering campaign?

Honored Social Butterfly

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate James Comey for the position of Special Prosecutor of all things Trump/Russia. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate James Comey for the position of Special Prosecutor of all things Trump/Russia. 

Well of course the President needs to be given a few choices to make his selection from

My Nominations Would Be:

1. Sally Yates

2. Preet Bharara

3. Gonzalo Curiel

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Mick--Ahh,  very good choices. I have more--how about Barack Obama?  Unlike Trump, this man knows the law having been a constitutional lawyer and professor. He knows the ins and outs of the dealing with foreign entities. I think you make a wonderful choice.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

mick--Oh my God--we really are entering into an authoritarian state.  Get rid of all of those who disagree with you, and then there is freedom to take control and destroy at will.  This is very frightening--trump needs to be stopped.  Joe Manchin does say that the investigation will continue-that they will not stop--who will be next?

Any one on the right who thinks this is a good thing, clearly does not recognize the red flags that , as you mention, are coming all the more fast and furious. Anyone who believes that this has anything to do with the mishandling of Hillary's case, is a fool.  Comey was getting too close.

Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Director Comey,

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occassinos, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgement of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Donald J. Trump

Source - http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/white-house-president-donald-trump-letter-to-james-comey-fired-text/

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

President Donald Trump has fired FBI Director James Comey, the White House said in a statement Tuesday.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office.," according to the statement. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

Comey, who has led an investigation into Russia’s meddling during the 2016 election and possible links to Trump aides and associates, is only the second FBI chief to have been fired.

Source - https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2017-05-09/trump-fires-fbi-director-james-comey-on-sessi...

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Can You Say Cover-up Because Comey Has 

Trumps Crooked.png

Source - http://www.bigfootcrossroads.com/2016/04/why-government-will-never-acknowledge.html

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone who realizes what is just happened needs to take 5 to 10 minutes out of your schedule tomorrow. You need to pick up the phone, call your state senators and let him or her know that you would like them to start impeachment proceedings against  the maniac who calls himself the president.

In leui  of impeachment, removal can be accomplished through the use of amendment 25, article 4, which allows for the removal of a president who is incapable of performing his duties or who is mentally unstable. Both apply to our newly minted dictator.

It is imperative that we all act on this in every state in the nation. This cannot go on unchecked. There is a criminal in the White House, and he needs to go.

Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

Anyone who realizes what is just happened needs to take 5 to 10 minutes out of your schedule tomorrow. You need to pick up the phone, call your state senators and let him or her know that you would like them to start impeachment proceedings against  the maniac who calls himself the president.

In leui  of impeachment, removal can be accomplished through the use of amendment 25, article 4, which allows for the removal of a president who is incapable of performing his duties or who is mentally unstable. Both apply to our newly minted dictator.

It is imperative that we all act on this in every state in the nation. This cannot go on unchecked. There is a criminal in the White House, and he needs to go.

Impeachment proceedings is too early for that. but, what we need most now is an independent investigator on the Russian connection if there is one. and come to a conclussion . This is getting much too convoluted. and yes, we must call all Republican congressmen and Senators and do demand that to happen. Just called my Senator and requested that he should call for an independent investigation. 

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Rker--not so sure I agree with you with regard to impeachment hearings. We have Felonies, we have horrible abuse of power, we have the blatent conflict of interest, we have constitutional violations. Seems to me that's a pretty good reason to get them started.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

Rker--not so sure I agree with you with regard to impeachment hearings. We have Felonies, we have horrible abuse of power, we have the blatent conflict of interest, we have constitutional violations. Seems to me that's a pretty good reason to get them started.

I am not an attorney, but I will reseach the grounds of impeachment for a President and let you know what they are and if there is any proof at this point of anything that you have posted.
Ok  here they are.

Reasons for Impeachment.  Treason, Bribery, and other high crimes and misdeameanors.

Other high crimes and misdeamenors.
Perjury, misuse of assets, abuse of authority, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming, refusal to obey.
Remember, The impeachment process is a political process and not a criminal one.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

I am not an attorney, but I will reseach the grounds of impeachment for a President and let you know what they are and if there is any proof at this point of anything that you have posted.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Talk about "fickle"!!

He was hated by the neoMarxist. Just the other day their choice for the White House blamed him for her loss. He was attacked by them for revealing the potential security leaks from Huma Abedin. He was fired in response to a request from Rod Rosenstein, a guy who is mutually respected on both sides of the aisle, who served under an R President and a D President.

Yep, fickle - or, just got their email from Chuck Schumer.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Rk--since This neoMarxist thing is no more than a fantasy,  I cannot intelligently respond to your post. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png