Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Nixon Fires Cox = Trump Fires Comey

Message 1 of 57

Mick--Thank you for your post. It was clear, accurate, and succinct. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk-- Yes, mean to Hillary-- if you really read the letter, you would have seen that the whole basis for the firing centered around the ungracious way that Comey dealt with Hillary Clinton.

So yes, the excuse last night was that Comey was mean to Hillary, and that trump didn't like the way he handled that investigation,  although you never know it from the way Trump was saying what a wonderful job JC was doing. You'd never know trump was displeased the way he  quoted JC on the campaign trail, every chance he got.

Today,  when faced with the outrage of the firing, which is obstruction of justice, albiet legally and cowardly done,

they're changing their stories.  Now its trump has been smoldering  for a long time and he didn't like the way Comey is handling the investigation--

yeah, no felon  likes it when the person investigating him gets too close to the truth.

So, surprise there's trump, talking out of both sides of his mouth, and telling his staff to do the same.

RE: Hillary-- The Democrats might have been mad at the timing of Comey's announcement that he was  reopening her investigation, but they certainly didn't try to obstruct that investigation, as a matter of fact, she publically said she welcomed it.

That is a sign of someone who is innocent, unlike trump who has obstructed and lied and diverted this investigation from the time it began. Your guy is guilty as dirt. 

So what is the bottom line, should he have been fired as was the thinking since the election and since Hillary's whine last week or should he not be fired because........?????.....well, there the thinking gets a bit thin?

What is the Bottomline? Several - here are but a few

1. Comey was not currently involved in an investigation of Clinton when he was fired and hadn't been for several months - if the handling of the Clinton Investigation was really the issue then Comey should have been fired the day after Trump took Office - a plethora of Evidence about Comeys mishandling of the Clinton Investigation had been available even in the Public Arena for the months leading up to Trumps Inauguration.

Most Reasonable People Would Assume A Newly Elected President would be more concerned about things like a incompetent FBI Director way before and instead of things like - How Big My Inauguration Crowd was and How Many Illegal Votes were cast for the opponent I just beat

2. The Day Comey was fired - he was investigating Trump Inc's Campaigns Involvement with a Foreign Adversaries/Russian Interference in the most Important Function of a True Democratic Republic - A US Presidential Election

3. Comey was also beginning to look into the Trump Inc's Money Trail when he was fired

4. In the weeks and months leading up to Comeys firing he had testified in public that - YES - he was investigating Trump Inc - NO - there was no evidence of the Trump Claim that Obama Wiretapped him

5. At the time of Comeys firing - Trump had repeated several times in public the Falsehood that the Investigations into Trump Inc was a conspiracy by the Democrats agaisnt him for beating Clinton -

The FBI Director stated in public that the Investigation into Trump Inc started in July of 2016 - well before the Democrats or anyone else knew Trump beat Clinton

The Bottomline is Our President is a LIAR at the very least and a Traitor at worst

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Something that Trump does that only Nixon has done (fire someone investigating him) is only considered as normal or 'good' in the world of blind partisan donaldvoters.

But Comey was not investigating President Trump. The "alternate universe" (described above) is inhabited by the blind, hatred filled anti-Trump people who still have not grown up enough to live with their disappointment over not getting their own way in the past election.

So the Comey and the current Acting Director of the FBI have been lying?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Each interview has different questions. The answer to different questions should be different. No variations, just an obsession with finding something that isn't there.

If you thing that there are real differences, please post them and we can have a discussion.

I have not doubt that the interviews that you see, you can see all of those distortions. I guess we see different  media stations and read different newspapers. but even the Wall Street Journal and a  well known Trump supporter is now questioning the story as well. 
No joy, only sadness. not even I told you so.   We are reaching the point of no return. and is coming a lot quicker that anyone expected.
I am so sorry that all of this has turned the way it has. And there is a  need to have a resolution to all of this.
Yes, we need to go back to governingn but under the present circumstances this is becoming more difficult with each passing day.

The issue is not who watches or reads what. The issue is that each interview has different questions or different emphasises.

So as I said to pc, if you see real differences between answers, please post them so we can have a discussion.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Rk,   please,!!!!! do you actually see your posts, can you see, that by not deleting the parts that does not contain your direct answer to a post actually are unreadable? Please!!!! please, delete the previous posts that have nothing to do with your response. 

Just me again. Why is that??

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

Each interview has different questions. The answer to different questions should be different. No variations, just an obsession with finding something that isn't there.

If you thing that there are real differences, please post them and we can have a discussion.

I have not doubt that the interviews that you see, you can see all of those distortions. I guess we see different  media stations and read different newspapers. but even the Wall Street Journal and a  well known Trump supporter is now questioning the story as well. 
No joy, only sadness. not even I told you so.   We are reaching the point of no return. and is coming a lot quicker that anyone expected.
I am so sorry that all of this has turned the way it has. And there is a  need to have a resolution to all of this.
Yes, we need to go back to governingn but under the present circumstances this is becoming more difficult with each passing day.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 57

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Something that Trump does that only Nixon has done (fire someone investigating him) is only considered as normal or 'good' in the world of blind partisan donaldvoters.

But Comey was not investigating President Trump. The "alternate universe" (described above) is inhabited by the blind, hatred filled anti-Trump people who still have not grown up enough to live with their disappointment over not getting their own way in the past election.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 57

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--I guess you haven't heard the latest version of the "story."  In an interview with Lester Holt, trump said that he made the decision to fire Comey.  Well, that's about the 100th variation.  Stay tuned for the next 100, so that you can stay up on your excuses for the incompetent you so vigoriously defend

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 57

Rk,   please,!!!!! do you actually see your posts, can you see, that by not deleting the parts that does not contain your direct answer to a post actually are unreadable? Please!!!! please, delete the previous posts that have nothing to do with your response. 

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 57

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- you seem to be confusing two different things.

1.  Should Comey have been fired

2.   Were the reasons Comey was fired at this time legitimate 

People who work with Comey in the FBI feel that he was a very well respected and a good director.

However,  there were more than a few raised eyebrows when he gave a press conference about reopening Clinton's investigation so close to the election. So his actions were questionable.  

Trump loved it and used every excuse he could to slip it into his campaign spiel. 

Last week Comey talk before a committee about Uma  Aberdeen's emails, saying he had sent thousands of emails to her husband--probably a mistake, but it was a big one.

Raised eyebrows again. Not a peep from trump.

A month ago,  in front of a congressional (?) committee, Comey would not back down with regard to wire tapping of Trump Towers. He very clearly said that there was no basis for the allegation. 

Last week, Comey requested more money to continue his investigation into collusion between Trump, The administration, and Russia.

When  Comey was let go, the original letter spoke about his release of information about Clinton last July. It is now May, 2017. To paraphrase the letter as I've said before, it said Comey was  released because of the way he handled the Clinton investigation.

Now seriously, RK, no one believes that. Especially when trump kept spouting off about what a wonderful job Comey was doing because of that very thing. That can't be denied--heard trump say it over and  over today as I listened to the news.

It is very apparent that the White House and Trump are lying about the reason that Comey was let go. Everyone has  in the White House has a different story, heck trump gave an interview today snd told a different story. 

The most obvious reason for the firing was that Comey was continuing his investigation into the trump White House and had even asked for more money to continue that investigation.

In trump's own words he said that Comey "wanted to be his own man," and inside sources from the White House have told reporters trump was livid about that. (CNN). 

Well, as you know and investigator is his own man. He doesn't hotel to the very person whom he is investigating. 

And so....

The bottom line is that Comey was like a hound dog on  a blood trail. Trump knew it. He knew that Comey wasn't gonna let it go, and so trump got rid of him before he could finish the hunt.

So, should he have been Fired? Probably not

But, more importantly, and the second part of this argument, is the timing of the firing and the real reason behind it, which is

Comey wouldn't back off.

trump got nervous.

Comey was let go.

The timing and the multiple reasons given 

are extremely suspicious. In fact, they made Trump look extremely guilty.

The air reeks with suspicion. 

I think we can agree that he mishandled the Hillary situation. He tried to "split the difference" and just blew it.

The Huma Abedin situation was also mishandled. Any reasonable  person would say someone should be in jail.

The asked for more money thing has bee rebutted.

Now seriously, RK, no one believes that. Especially when trump kept spouting off about what a wonderful job Comey was doing because of that very thing. That can't be denied--heard trump say it over and  over today as I listened to the news.

I'll deal with that once you have learned proper capitalization.

The "lying" is only apparent to those who are unable to approach anything Trump related with an open mind.

The "bloodhound" theory only works if you assume that he is now unable to speak and the media will not be all over him.

And the rest is biased conjecture including what the air reeks of.

The only people who are still denying the lies of Trump are those who have such an open mind that the wind whistles as it blows through.

When making snarky comments about another's post one should proofread their own post.

Does that mean you disagree with something I posted, factually? If so, what?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors