Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Nick Ayers won't take the job of Chief of Staff

Message 1 of 13

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Smart Fella, one who knew it would ruin his life, his career.

He actually had the guts to tell The Doand NO,.

I give him a lot of credit, more than many who want the glory and end up losing it all.   

To be clear, he was overheard by several people at the election watch party being offered and accepting the position. It must have been a huge shock to Trump when the kid backed out after it became apparent he was going to work for a president who will be indicted ten minutes after the next one takes office. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Smart Fella, one who knew it would ruin his life, his career.

He actually had the guts to tell The Doand NO,.

I give him a lot of credit, more than many who want the glory and end up losing it all.   

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@easyed598 wrote:

Ayers was planning to leave Wash.DC next year anyways(even as Pence`s Chief of staff) and go home to Georgia.,so no big deal. My opinion is that he was too young and inexperienced and the "mad Dog" liberal press would have ate him up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Excuses, excuses, excuses!   No matter what the occasion, Trump supporters are always quick on the draw with excuses for everything involving His Highness and the complicit Republican Party!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

I am actually hoping that Donald installs someone from Freedom Caucus.   That will point the spotlight on them and incense many voters who had Republican values, not far-right "values".   

As RK continues to implore us that not every Repub is not a racist or white nationalist, putting Meadows in charge would really be an eye-opener.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

easyed598:  Ayers was planning to leave Wash.DC next year anyways(even as Pence`s Chief of staff) and go home to Georgia.,so no big deal.

Hate to tell you this Ed, but "going home to Georgia" is a laughable excuse. Serving as Chief of Staff to POTUS is a prized job that people would fight over. Except with Trump. Nick Ayers knows that anyone close to Trump will carry the stench of him long after he's gone, and he simply doesn't want that. He's not too young to work for Trump, he's too smart.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Richva wrote-And yet, when Trump offered it to him at the election night watch party, he was all in favor of joining the team. Now that the Manafort and Cohen indictments have parted the curtains on how much the Muller investigations knows, he wants nothing to do with it.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------probably a good thing-The radical democrats would have made up some untrue stories about Ayers that goes back  a dozen years.( ie: Kavanaugh etc.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@easyed598 wrote:

Ayers was planning to leave Wash.DC next year anyways(even as Pence`s Chief of staff) and go home to Georgia.,so no big deal. My opinion is that he was too young and inexperienced and the "mad Dog" liberal press would have ate him up.

And yet, when Trump offered it to him at the election night watch party, he was all in favor of joining the team. Now that the Manafort and Cohen indictments have parted the curtains on how much the Muller investigations knows, he wants nothing to do with it. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I heard that last night! That’s pretty incredible....and very telling...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

When I heard that the kid wasn't going to take the job, I immediately thought the same thing...about rats jumping from a sinking ship and all.  And then maybe it was the hard bargain Trump makes on all his minions...you know that "loyalty clause."  Or maybe ol' Saint Nick wasn't up for giving up an arm and a leg or his first born child.  Ogres like Trump can be so demanding afterall. 

Now, I'm sure"somebody" out there is going to complain about my calling Trump an ogre.  So let me give you a definition and description of an ogre:

"An ogre is a legendary monster usually depicted as a large, hideous, man-like being that eats ordinary human beings, especially infants and children.  

Ogres are often depicted as inhumanly large and tall and having a disproportionately large (the big head/ego) head, abundant hair, unusually colored (orange?) skin, a voracious appetite, and a strong (fat) body."   --  from Wikipedia 

Yep, I'd say that describes Trump to a captial "T!"

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: