Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: News Media showing hate for our laws!

Message 1 of 18

We all want to point out the analogies between the Trump doctrine and the Nazi final solution.  Did you think that started out with ovens or developed into them over time. 

Reporters telling facts are not your enemies. YOU are your enemies.  And ours, it seems. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

This could end with a phone call from Trump. No law has changed since Harry Truman was President and a Reb. Congress passed the law Trump is trying to use. This is a policy of the Trump Admin. as they say in answering a law suit filed in CA. The court could issue an injunction and stop Trump from doing this. Lets all pray it does like tomorrow.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

Donald and his regime are counting on their followers to be too uninformed or curious to ask or challenge their words.    This thread proves that donald and his assumptions are correct - his followers are not the brightest bulb and are so brainwashed that they are incapable of thinking through a process and instead respond by bobble-head non-thinking reactions.     It is astounding that they bounce from thread to thread providing a talking point A at one and talking point B at another - and somehow have yet to figure out that the 2 points  cancel each other out.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

TemperMental67 posted..

No Kidboy, you can’t blame our actions on others. Just because someone else does something “wrong” doesn’t mean we have to make it worse.

=========================
Say what?

We with our laws are trying to make things in OUR COUNTRY better not worse.

Again..

What do you think of a mother that would take her children with her on her mission to enter our country illegally ?

Only our Congress can make make laws. I think most people know that...do you?

Still no answers.

If you care about children like I do you would want to stop the illegals coming into our country...we have a legal way...use it!

No. Congress makes laws but the Executive branch has broad discretion over its prosecutorial powers. That means Trump can prioritize how laws will be prosecuted (or not).  Sessions decided to go zero tolerance. He is certainly not required to do that. By Congress or anyone else.  

This is new zero tolerance policy is the direct cause of the large numbers of children in detention. Prior presidents used discretion.  “Trump” used discretion until two months ago. If you think traumatizing kids makes us a better country, well then, we have very different values.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

TemperMental67 posted..

No Kidboy, you can’t blame our actions on others. Just because someone else does something “wrong” doesn’t mean we have to make it worse.

=========================
Say what?

We with our laws are trying to make things in OUR COUNTRY better not worse.

Again..

What do you think of a mother that would take her children with her on her mission to enter our country illegally ?

Still no answers.

If you care about children like I do you would want to stop the illegals coming into our country...we have a legal way...use it!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18
Older posted..

.The ones taking away the children of American Citizens are 99&44/100th percent REPUBLICANS enforcing REPUBLICAN insane drug laws designed to incarcerate and disenfranchise the non-white and the poor instead of dealing with the very dangerous people who provide those drugs - much too dangerous for any Republican to try and arrest, which is why Donny goes after refugee infants instead of full-grown MS-13 members and drug lords.

==========================

I do get a laugh from your posts.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

News Media showing hate for our laws!

Message 8 of 18

As I stated previously, Kidboy has no clue on this issue. I'm going to repeat what TemperMental wrote in a different thread. 

"People don’t up and leave with their families unless they are desperate. Any responsible parent would flee if their safety and lives were constantly under threat. 

I know if gangs were threatening to make my 10 year old daughter their “bride” and demanding my son join the gang, and dumping a boys dead body on there street in front of my house to underscore that point, and if I know all law enforcement is in bed with the gangs so I have no recourse, I certainly would take my kids and flee. I question anyone who wouldn't."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18
TemperMental67

There are two kinds of laws.

Mala in se: the crime is bad in itself. Like murder, rape, and robbery.

Mala Prohibita: Wrong merely because they are punished in statute.

I point this this out because immigration law violations are not inherently evil. They are merely a violation of statute. Victimless crimes. Mala prohibita.

I think it’s a universal human value to protect children. We see children being traumatized. Which can cause permanent emotional and sometimes permanent physical damage. And the media and MANY Americans are questioning whether a “victimless crime” statute should be upheld under a zero tolerance policy, in violation of a universal human value of protecting children.

============================

No answers.

Victimless Crimes
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Victimless Crimes
Crime where there is no apparent victim and no apparent pain or injury. This class of crime usually involves only consenting adults in activities such as Prostitution, Sodomy, and Gaming where the acts are not public, no one is harmed, and no one complains of the activities. Some groups advocate legalizing victimless crimes by removing these acts from the law books. Other critics complain that there is no such thing as a victimless crime; whenever one of these crimes is committed but goes unpunished, individual mores, societal values, and the Rule of Law are undermined or compromised, rendering society itself the victim.

"Crime where there is no apparent victim and no apparent pain or injury."

That would exclude mothers that would take her children with her on her
mission to enter our country illegally

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:
angeleyes64 posted...

Why do you have to ask Congress to fix a problem The Donald made, and Sessions, plus the Donald can resolve. But then he would be admitting defeat.
How can you stand there as a Mother and be comfortable with your answers about the care of these children.
The people in our now low as it can go Government, men and women alike, ALL need to put them selves in peoples shoes with some of the things they say and do, with NO compassion what so ever.
We are on a path of no return and the Trumpies are if stupid enough still loving him. If you are, may you never loose a child or Grand-child and see how it feels. May GOD protect them, as you just never know,
HE just may have a plan you don't like and be wearing their shoes some day!

=============================

Only our Congress can make make laws. I think most people know that...do you? If this has any meaning, why was it not a problem until Der Trumper slithered into the White House?

What do you think of a mother that wold take her children with her on her mission to enter our country illegally ?Infinitely more than I do of a POTUS who orders her detained without trial so he can rip her children from her as punishment for defying his border policy and those who support his barbarous behavior.

I see that our news media is trying to turn our country against our immigration laws.I see the legitimate media trying to stop the vile inhuman treatment of infants and children in order to rev up the racist base of the GOP

How about our news media put themselves in the shoes of LEGAL citizens that have their children taken away because they broke laws. Do you care about these children?...I do.The ones taking away the children of American Citizens are 99&44/100th percent REPUBLICANS enforcing REPUBLICAN insane drug laws designed to incarcerate and disenfranchise the non-white and the poor instead of dealing with the very dangerous people who provide those drugs - much too dangerous for any Republican to try and arrest, which is why Donny goes after refugee infants instead of full-grown MS-13 members and drug lords.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors