You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New York Civil Liberties Union Is Right to Defend Chick-fil-A

Message 21 of 31

@MIseker wrote:

In the past, Chick fil A closed on sundays. I wouldnt want a restaurant in my airport that wasnt available to my passengers 7 days a week. It doesnt matter why they are closed, only that they do. If they cant meet the 7 days a week requirement, they need to go. maybe its not a religious issue, but a business decision.

I would agree if that was the issue , but it isn't. It's a first amendment violation. 

I despise the ACLU. However all the free publicity has propelled Chic Fillet to the most profitable fast food chain in America. I love when hate back fires against the lefties. 

I'm proud of Chic Fillet and their community minded business practices and how they treat their employees. 

"Liberals are totalitarians screaming to get out"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 31

In the past, Chick fil A closed on sundays. I wouldnt want a restaurant in my airport that wasnt available to my passengers 7 days a week. It doesnt matter why they are closed, only that they do. If they cant meet the 7 days a week requirement, they need to go. maybe its not a religious issue, but a business decision.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 31

The ACLU defends the rights guarantee in the Constitution regardless of whether they approve of the organization, its purpose, or its message.  The Republican Party and Trump in particular could take a few cues from their approach. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 31

@KidBoy2 wrote:
alferdpacker posted..

The ACLU has defended the Constitutional and lawful right of Nazis, Klukkers and white racist scumbags to march, demonstrate. etc.

One's constitutional right is not reduced by the fact that like Nazis, Klukkers, white racists, and the Chick-fil-A owners - they are bigoted despicable scumbags...

===================================================

Not a ringing endorsement of the ACLU but typical of your posts...all over the board.

Knew the point would get missed - as always...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 31
alferdpacker posted..

The ACLU has defended the Constitutional and lawful right of Nazis, Klukkers and white racist scumbags to march, demonstrate. etc.

One's constitutional right is not reduced by the fact that like Nazis, Klukkers, white racists, and the Chick-fil-A owners - they are bigoted despicable scumbags...

===================================================

Not a ringing endorsement of the ACLU but typical of your posts...all over the board.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 31

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 31

If a Business Can Refuse To Bake A Cake for LGBTQ Americans

Then Why Cant A Business Refuse To Rent Space To Perspective Tenant

What's this another Trump Cult One Way Street

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 31

Well, corporations have free speech rights since Citizen United. Just like they have religious rights since Hobby Lobby. Corporations are now people too, i guess.  So sure, let the ACLU file a lawsuit if they want.

But if corporations are now people, do corporations now have a right to life? Will pro life folks be out there protesting the dissolution of baby corporations?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 31
(The larger ACLU, which has been drifting from its once staunch support for civil liberties, has issued no public statement on the Chick-fil-A ban.)

=================================================

Which means what?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 31

Members and staff of the national ACLU and its affiliates may be Republicans, DemocratsCommunistsFederalistsLibertarians, or members of any other political party or no party at all.

What the ACLU asks of its staff and officials is that they consistently defend civil liberties and the Constitution.

Kudos
Views