New Democratic Primary Poll - California

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New Democratic Primary Poll - California

Message 1 of 23

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

First, I never said all polls are irrelevant. I said the CA poll is irrelevant because it doesn't matter whom the Dems select. Their candidate will win CA easily.

Second, the issue isn't whether the polls indicating Biden will defeat Trump are accurate. The point revealed by those polls is the followng. Biden does much better than Elizabeth Warren and Bernie in the battleground states versus Trump, and that's where the election will be decided. This why those battleground state polls are relevant. We need the candidate with the best chance of beating Trump in the rust belt.

Chasky said, "That's your opinion and many simply disagree with it. The "battleground states" contain a lot of youth like everywhere else in America, one of the things that got Obama elected. Bernie will draw more of our youth out to vote than any of the leading candidates, period."

Chasky, it's more than my opinion. The NY Times Battleground State polls show Biden doing better than Bernie against Trump. If and when the battleground state polls show Bernie doing better than Biden, then I'll listen.

Hopefully younger voters will come out in 2020, but for now, that's wishful thinking. History has repeatedly shown younger voters are the least dependable segment of the voting public. Many of them never bother to vote.

There we go with the polls again, the same polls that said Hillary would win.  Did they poll young people? Of course not. This poll doesn't make your statement a fact, it's still just an opinion.

As far as young people coming out to vote .... it isn't even "wishful thinking" with Biden, but it's been proven with Bernie. I was at many Bernie Sanders rallies in the 2016 primary, I spoke at several of them, and they were loaded with young people, Progressives attract the young voter and they are the only ones that get them out to vote or excited about politics. Sure they have a low turnout in the past, they want nothing to do with centrist candidates and that's what we keep offering them. They want change and candidates that at least offer a chance at that.

This is what I am talking about. There was no need for the attack on the poster. The fact is Biden is still polling number one. There are places where Bernie is polling number one so be it. Leave it alone and stay on beating Trump. Let Bernie win on his own with out attacks from his supporters on people that post what is true

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Could be if everyone went after Trump instead of pushing their favorite Candidate now running we might end up beating Trump. This sounds like a far right thread right now.

The only thing far right about this thread and others in reference to the 2020 election are those trying to force everyone else to only choose Biden.

"Pushing their favorite candidate" during a primary is what happens and should happen in a democracy.

Spoken like a true supporter of Trump. Get the other side to fight among themselves so when the time comes they can not put anyone up who all will support and then Trump wins. During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best.

You say "Spoken like a true supporter of Trump", which is yet another direct insult pointed at someone who disagrees with you, an often used tactic of yours which reminds me of tRump supporters. 

You say "Get the other side to fight among themselves" and then you fight with anyone disagreeing with you, even resorting to insulting them as you did with your "trump supporter" statement. Hmmm ........ seems you are the one playing into tRump's hands.

You say  "During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best."  Neither of us can control what the candidates say in the debates. As far as "choosing who we think can do the job the best" ........... that's what all of us do individually, we choose a candidate of our own liking. NO one deserves to be insulted or called a "trump supporter" when they make their choice. People choosing a candidate other than Biden are not "trump supporters", as you so insultingly call them.

You are some what mixed up again. You are the only person I have called out for attacks on others  supporting others running, and anyone who says something good about them. You accuse me of being a Biden supporter but from my first post on I raised some doubts I have about him to try and shut down a back and forth you had started with a number of posters. You are still on Biden for some reason. You love to use the word insulting but sadly the way you use it shows you do not understand it.  Here is a suggestion for you no more pushing any Candidate for the next 2 months, and all push for the best way to beat Trump. If any Candidate does not push defeating Trump first ok to call them out. Just to close one subject the speaker of the house has told all running there will be no big new health care bill and I understand why she said it, and I hope you do to.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@CriticalThinking wrote:

First, I never said all polls are irrelevant. I said the CA poll is irrelevant because it doesn't matter whom the Dems select. Their candidate will win CA easily.

Second, the issue isn't whether the polls indicating Biden will defeat Trump are accurate. The point revealed by those polls is the followng. Biden does much better than Elizabeth Warren and Bernie in the battleground states versus Trump, and that's where the election will be decided. This why those battleground state polls are relevant. We need the candidate with the best chance of beating Trump in the rust belt.

Chasky said, "That's your opinion and many simply disagree with it. The "battleground states" contain a lot of youth like everywhere else in America, one of the things that got Obama elected. Bernie will draw more of our youth out to vote than any of the leading candidates, period."

Chasky, it's more than my opinion. The NY Times Battleground State polls show Biden doing better than Bernie against Trump. If and when the battleground state polls show Bernie doing better than Biden, then I'll listen.

Hopefully younger voters will come out in 2020, but for now, that's wishful thinking. History has repeatedly shown younger voters are the least dependable segment of the voting public. Many of them never bother to vote.

There we go with the polls again, the same polls that said Hillary would win.  Did they poll young people? Of course not. This poll doesn't make your statement a fact, it's still just an opinion.

As far as young people coming out to vote .... it isn't even "wishful thinking" with Biden, but it's been proven with Bernie. I was at many Bernie Sanders rallies in the 2016 primary, I spoke at several of them, and they were loaded with young people, Progressives attract the young voter and they are the only ones that get them out to vote or excited about politics. Sure they have a low turnout in the past, they want nothing to do with centrist candidates and that's what we keep offering them. They want change and candidates that at least offer a chance at that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Many solid points being made here. Polls are indicators, good for possible direction, but are fluid and do not indicate the final results of who will be a Dem candidate, or our next President. 

Can we determine the priorities for Candidates, and how they would prioritize:

-To be able to gain a voting advantage

over other candidates

-To explain policies that will benefit voters, such as healthcare

-How to beat trump, perhaps by explaining how his policies have not benefited the majority of Americans

-How to gain the support of Women, Minorities, and trying to bring out Young voters

-Support of impeachment?...necessary?

-Other areas

I am an Independent Moderate, and certainly a Dem supporter. But, whoever is the Candidate, must be able to beat trump. If they don't, any good policies, and all of the effort will be negated. I think that is a given. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

New Democratic Primary Poll - California

Message 5 of 23

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Could be if everyone went after Trump instead of pushing their favorite Candidate now running we might end up beating Trump. This sounds like a far right thread right now.

The only thing far right about this thread and others in reference to the 2020 election are those trying to force everyone else to only choose Biden.

"Pushing their favorite candidate" during a primary is what happens and should happen in a democracy.

Spoken like a true supporter of Trump. Get the other side to fight among themselves so when the time comes they can not put anyone up who all will support and then Trump wins. During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best.

You say "Spoken like a true supporter of Trump", which is yet another direct insult pointed at someone who disagrees with you, an often used tactic of yours which reminds me of tRump supporters. 

You say "Get the other side to fight among themselves" and then you fight with anyone disagreeing with you, even resorting to insulting them as you did with your "trump supporter" statement. Hmmm ........ seems you are the one playing into tRump's hands.

You say  "During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best."  Neither of us can control what the candidates say in the debates. As far as "choosing who we think can do the job the best" ........... that's what all of us do individually, we choose a candidate of our own liking. NO one deserves to be insulted or called a "trump supporter" when they make their choice. People choosing a candidate other than Biden are not "trump supporters", as you so insultingly call them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

@LouD17624 wrote:

Polls this early mean nothing. Hillary won according to polls. Obama was a nobody according to polls. Trump had no chance according to polls.

The Dems should hand the Senate articles of impeachment and get out of the way. Just let Trump be Trump and he'll hang himself. If the candidates start ganging up on him they'll play right into his hands. Trump thrives on attention and chaos. Don't give it to him. Stick to the issues and get out of his way. 

Lou, I agree. The Democrats cannot just drum on tRump and make this election only about him., they need to stick to the issues. Some seem to want to play into tRump's hands and make him center stage. This Democratic Primary is not about tRump, it's about  voters picking the Democratic candidate that the majority chooses base on the issues of today.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@gordyfl wrote:

I saw on TV a poll showing Bernie Sanders has the most support of young voters and Pete Buttigieg has the least support of young voters. That's among the top 4 candidates.

Isn't that ironic - the young voters support the oldest candidate the most and they support the youngest candidate the least. 

I commend the youth in our country for not choosing a candidate based on age. Young people have a tendency to be progressive and seem to choose a candidate pushing the  things they see as important, like Universal Health Care.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors