Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New Crime in Colorado - Picking Up White Trash While Black

Message 21 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

Boulder, Colorado - 25 square miles surrounded by reality.

I'm a 5th generation Colorado native who remembers the character of Boulder in the fifties and sixties - now, sixty years later - the kind of police it has hired is evidence that it has taken leave of it's collective sanity...

To make use of a famous Shakespeare line - "My gorge rises at it"...

No fears, alfredpacker, it is happening at every nook and craney in our great country, no?

"Treat others as You would have Them treat you"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

Boulder, Colorado - 25 square miles surrounded by reality.

I'm a 5th generation Colorado native who remembers the character of Boulder in the fifties and sixties - now, sixty years later - the kind of police it has hired is evidence that it has taken leave of it's collective sanity...

To make use of a famous Shakespeare line - "My gorge rises at it"...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

And many whites think everyone is treated equally by the police (and others).  Think Kaepernick had a point?  Sure as heck did....and thankfully, gained the respect of millions, as well as padded his bank account, to the tune of millions.  Much to the scorn of NFL owners, one of which has shown his class by getting himself filmed getting a **** job from a human sex slave.  What class, eh?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

"Testa said the investigation could take months, and the officer at the center of the incident has been placed on administrative leave."

The officer should be fired.  He is not fit to serve.

Hard to believe it will take months to determine the stupidity of this incident.  What, a total of 5 officers to establish "Guilty of being Black"?

There are not enough derogatory words to describe what this was and IS.  Trained officers who could not in under three minute's time make a determination that their services were not necessary.

It would be extremely beneficial for the community they supposedly protect to hear the rationalization that required several calls for back up - and then, the department's recommendation on - Do Not Do This - further training.  Unbelievable.  Should the man who was cleaning up trash have the option to file a law suit I sure hope he does. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

HUH?   You want to see a big problem - here it is:   The investigation is going to take months AND the idiot cop will be on paid leave.     What many people are finally wising up to is the fact that the police and fire unions are not in line with the standard manufacturing unions.     We have seen in here in my City and people are finally waking up to that very fact.    Those two unions only care about themselves and how much they can milk the "system" while attempting to hide behind the Union label.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

I seen this on the news awhile ago and was just amazed.  Amazed that our country seems to think nothing of taking a life anymore.  I certainly agree we need a police to be the "peace officers" in society, but turning into the judge, jury and sentencing in a split decision is now getting soooo dark, IN MY OPINION.  Many, many are now living in fear of the sight of police because of the awareness of just how much their judgement was wrong. Think it might be time that they have to do a "crisis management" course and requirement of yearly passing of such??  I know of a case where a man was threatening suicide and the cops ended up shooting him....now...how did that solve the issue with the man with suicidal thoughts??? CRISIS MANAGEMENT....learn how to DE-ESCALATE the crisis, no?

"Treat others as You would have Them treat you"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Crime in Colorado - Picking Up White Trash While Black

Message 27 of 27

Police officer pulled a gun on a black man picking up trash on his own property. Now, the department is investigating

he Boulder Police Department has launched an internal investigation after an encounter between a group of officers and a black man was captured on video and circulated online.

The video, which was published on YouTube and on social media, was filmed on the morning of March 1 in Boulder, Colorado. It shows a man with a bucket and a long item in a front yard of a townhouse complex. An officer appears to be talking to the man and has his hand on his hip.

"He's picking up trash," the person filming says repeatedly, as the man and the officer exchange words at a distance. "He lives here," the person filming says. The officer is then joined by other officers and the man and the officers appear to be yelling at each other. The video ends with all the officers walking away.

Three days later, the Boulder Police Department released a statement that recounted officers' version of events and announced an internal affairs investigation.

"A Boulder police officer observed a man sitting in a partially enclosed patio area directly behind a 'Private Property' sign and initiated contact with the man to determine if he was allowed to be on the property," the department said.

After the man said he was a resident of the property and provided ID, the incident continued.
"The officer detained the man to investigate further and made a request over the radio for additional assistance to respond, indicating that the person was uncooperative and unwilling to put down a blunt object."

The "blunt object" was determined to be a grabber used to pick up trash, something the person filming the video stated several times.

"Officers ultimately determined that the man had a legal right to be on the property and returned the man's school identification card," the release concluded. "All officers left the area and no further action was taken."

In recent months, instances of civilians and police confronting black citizens have attracted national attention, and it didn't take long for the incident in Boulder to spark ire in the community. On Tuesday evening, the Boulder City Council Meeting was filled with angry and concerned citizens demanding answers.

"This is a very concerning issue, and one we're taking very seriously," Police Chief Greg Testa told the crowd. "All aspects of this incident, specifically the actions of the initial officer, are being investigated."

Testa also pushed back on the assertion that the officers had their guns drawn during the encounter.

"In contrast to what was stated in the video that is on social media, body worn camera video indicates that only one officer had a handgun out, and it was pointed at the ground," he said. "I'm not making excuses, I'm just trying to provide some needed context in terms of that specific aspect."

Testa said the investigation could take months, and the officer at the center of the incident has been placed on administrative leave.

Obviously, these cops were just escalating the situation.  Fortunately this victim of police stupidity had more sense then the police.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs