From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New Crime in Colorado - Picking Up White Trash While Black

Message 1 of 27

There are racially un-biased - "good apples" - and racially biased - "bad apples" in every law enforcement organization.

Clearly, the Boulder officer who had his hand on his gun in the video, and was clearly harassing the man who was lawfully on his own property and acting lawfully is a "bad apple"...

Defending a "bad apple's" actions cannot be logically, rationally, and legally justified...

How much the investigation of the incident tends to hide behind the "thin blue line" is yet to be seen...

Given that Boulder has a long history of being quite a liberal city with a State University with many of it's students and faculty resident in the city may also have an effect upon the investigation and subsequent decision...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Ocean Flower posted..

I understand completely. Cent documents wrongdoing by police and I appreciate his efforts to inform when those working to protect us fail in their jobs for whatever reasons.

Likewise, anyone can post news of when police do their best work in protecting us and that includes when they put their lives on the line as Trooper Palmer was doing. Making good points is worth considering as expressions of confidence and inspiration as opposed to using another's tragedy as a weapon to somehow make oneself feel good.

=====================================================

The problem is that all we get over and over is the bad things...I disagree.  Maybe those are the only one's you watch.  There are "good" one's but I never seem to see any Con respond......ever to the "good" things" topics.  OR, this with police doing good things.  Some just prefer to reinforce their negative beliefs.....(many just opinions ...can't have much of an intelligent discussion without intelligent opinions, don't you think?  Most don't want to argue/discuss facts all day....would make this board quite lame, IMO.  Personally, reading someone intelligently articulating an educated opinion is a GREAT post to consume. 

Seldom do I see a post showing the good things our police are doing to protect these posters..It's unfortunate you've chosen to ignore them.....with them its always...look what bad things our police are doing.   And yet some chose to attack the poster with false claims of "cop hater",.....  While cops are generally considered as being good and honest, there is value to point out the bad ones, or careless ones or negligent one, or racist ones.  What's sad is when some who can't see the value choose to attack those who can see it clearly and objectively. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Ocean Flower posted..

I understand completely. Cent documents wrongdoing by police and I appreciate his efforts to inform when those working to protect us fail in their jobs for whatever reasons.

Likewise, anyone can post news of when police do their best work in protecting us and that includes when they put their lives on the line as Trooper Palmer was doing. Making good points is worth considering as expressions of confidence and inspiration as opposed to using another's tragedy as a weapon to somehow make oneself feel good.

The problem is that all we get over and over is the bad things...(many just opinions ...some that have turned out to be not true)... that our police are doing from some posters that can not wait to do so.

Seldom do I see a post showing the good things our police are doing to protect these posters...with them its always...look what bad things our police are doing. Very telling ...right? I think you should be able to see that.

Its hard to understand why he have people that go out of their way to try to make our police the bad guys. Next time they need help who are they going to call?

Your last statement of "Next time they need help who are they going to call?" is a disgrace to all those "good cops" you seem to be explaining that need support.  First of all, I do believe they get paid by the jurisdiction they serve.  That would be all within that district regardless of their opinions, beliefs, race, sex or political affiliation.  What you don't seem to understand is, that statements like that make people very troubled with what they are seeing from the bad apples in the bunch - statements that make many skeptical.  Gee thanks for making us all feel our security and protection is covered under the police departments.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Ocean Flower posted..

The problem is that all we get over and over is the bad things...(many just opinions ...some that have turned out to be not true)... that our police are doing from some posters that can not wait to do so.

Seldom do I see a post showing the good things our police are doing to protect these posters...with them its always...look what bad things our police are doing. Very telling ...right? I think you should be able to see that.

Its hard to understand why he have people that go out of their way to try to make our police the bad guys. Next time they need help who are they going to call?

If it upsets you so much why don’t you start posting the good things that the police are doing?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27
Ocean Flower posted..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@afisher wrote:

If there was a contest for racial profiling and harassment  by police, include this one.  

A man was moving stuff into his home and the police 

TONGANOXIE, Kan. (AP) - The American Civil Liberties of Kansas has asked for a state investigation after a black man was detained by local police while moving into his own home.

The ACLU said Thursday that Karle Robinson was held at gunpoint and handcuffed as he moved into a home he had purchased in Tonganoxie, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) west of Kansas City.

Robinson says police harassed him and that Tonganoxie's police chief stopped him from filing a racial bias complaint.

Oh, what HERO'S some must think they were.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

@oceanedge2 wrote:

This is information you will not hear from the "hate police"
Montana trooper remains in medically induced coma at Utah hospital ...
https://fox13now.com/.../montana-trooper-remains-in-medically-induced-coma-at-uta...
1 day ago.....

6 days ago

It's too bad and too sad when Trooper Wade Palmer was shot three times while in the line of duty looking for a suspect from an earlier shooting of three people just ten miles away, his story was not shared here with prayers and good wishes requested for his strong and speedy recovery – but instead was posted only as useful retaliation for misplaced anger and hatred.

The only suspect in both shootings, 29 year old Jonathan Bertsch, was arrested March 16th, the morning after he had shot four people. More than one hundred officers attended his first court (video) appearance in support of Trooper Palmer.

I will let you in a fact you do not seem to understand....any one can post a video on you tube to TRY to make a point they want to make

A GoFundMe account has been set up for Trooper Wade's expenses.

https://kutv.com/news/local/montana-cop-shot-on-duty-taken-to-salt-lake-city-hospital-in-critical-co...

VERY well said, Oceanedge....some prefer their "box",,,,,it's either right or left, right or wrong, red or blue,,,,and NOTHING else.  I think many find that a sad existence.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Ocean Flower posted this gem...

Kid, it is certain the police department in their investigation is looking at every second of that video. Did you watch it and did you read Cent's post? If so, in your opinion why were the police needed?

Just consider who posted the video.  The person who posted the video on Youtube is named, "The Battousai". Sounds like you have an issue with him/her.  Why is that?

I will let you in a fact you do not seem to understand....any one can post a video on you tube to TRY to make a point they want to make..  SHOCKING, eh?  What was their point?  Do you know?  How do you know?  Why is this being investigated by the City and the police?  Do YOU think their behavior is acceptable?  Do YOU think he was a threat to anyone?  Do YOU think 8 cops were necessary?  Did YOU see the cops shake their heads and walk away?  Why are YOU defending the police in this situation?  Why are YOU criticizng the person who posted the video to Youtube?  again just consider who posted the video and his past posting about our police that protect all of us..even him.  Yeah.....revealing the good and the bad is such a teriible thing.  I enbrace those with open-minds and can think critically.

This is information you will not hear from the "hate police" on this board. Are you in that group?  There is no group, it's only in your head.  If so why?  LOL!!!  

Montana trooper remains in medically induced coma at Utah hospital ...
https://fox13now.com/.../montana-trooper-remains-in-medically-induced-coma-at-uta...
1 day ago - SALT LAKE CITY -- A Montana State Trooper wounded in a shooting remains in extremely critical condition and in a medically induced coma in a Utah hospital, and ... verified by the Montana Highway Patrol or Department of Justice. ... Police in Utah gather to support Montana trooper wounded in shooting.  So that makes all cops great?  Hardly.  I hope/doubt he was harrassing an innocent civilian.... 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:

alferdpacker posted..

Nope the cow-flop-for-brains racist boulder cops made race an issue - the man who was picking up trash on his property was the person who was improperly racially targeted by ignorant racist cops.

Since when is there something wrong with pointing out the obvious racial bias of white cops against black citizens when the cops are completely in the wrong?

========================================================

And you are the judge?  As much as you are.....see following judgemental comment.....Another racist comment ....Are YOU the judge?  It's odd that some use words they don't understand.  What was "racist" about the comment?  That's right, nothing.  There is nothing racist about pointing out racism.  Is pointing out sexism, sexist?  Of course not..... so typical on this board.  Yes, the false accusations is indeed, "so typical on this board" by a few.
Now raise your hand if you think the cops would have harrassed and pulled their guns, and shot guns had the trash picker been white....
Oh....no hands.....shocking.....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

If there was a contest for racial profiling and harassment  by police, include this one.  

A man was moving stuff into his home and the police 

TONGANOXIE, Kan. (AP) - The American Civil Liberties of Kansas has asked for a state investigation after a black man was detained by local police while moving into his own home.

The ACLU said Thursday that Karle Robinson was held at gunpoint and handcuffed as he moved into a home he had purchased in Tonganoxie, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) west of Kansas City.

Robinson says police harassed him and that Tonganoxie's police chief stopped him from filing a racial bias complaint.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors