Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania

Message 11 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

First New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania

President Trump lauded the opening of the nation's first new coal mine in recent memory.

Corsa Coal Company will operate the mine in Somerset County, Pa. - outside of Pittsburgh.

Corsa CEO George Dethlefsen said the mine will be a boon to the struggling local economy.

He praised Trump's easing of regulations and encouragement for fossil fuel exploration.

Dethlefsen told Leland Vittert that for the 70 positions available in the mine, 400 people applied.

"It's a hard day's work every day, but it's worth it," one miner said.

Vittert said the news contrasts with Hillary Clinton's message that she would "put a lot of coal miners out of work."

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D), who endorsed Clinton, joined the mine company in watching a video message from Trump commemorating the occasion.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/10/new-coal-mine-donald-trump-pennsylvania-fossil-fuels-regulatio...

New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania

Care to tell us why this mine is needed? I read about it a week or so ago.

Coal

• Coal exports for the first quarter of 2017 were 58% higher than in the same quarter last year, with steam coal exports increasing by 6 million short tons (MMst). Coal producers that have completed bankruptcy reorganizations and companies that purchased bankrupt assets have increased both exports and production in 2017. EIA expects growth in coal exports to slow in the coming months, with exports for all of 2017 forecast at 72 MMst, 11 MMst (19%) above the 2016 level. The increase in coal exports contributes to an expected 8% increase in coal production in 2017.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/coal.cfm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Demand...

Sure they were - Coal emits twice as much CO2 as Natural Gas and Americans Love sending Human Killers to other Countries 

1. MOAB 

2. Marlboro 

3. Drones 

4. Etc. 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 22

Coal.png

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 22

Is it really only 70 jobs?    This coal mine was planned in the 3rd quarter of 2016, when the company got a $3 million grant from the Pennsylvania Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program.  

$3 million in state funds to support 70 jobs.   

For this, which began in 2016, I blame Obama. 

http://www.corsacoal.com/news/index.php?content_id=159

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/new-coal-mine-touted-by-trump-opens-in-pennsylvania/2017/06/...

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

BUT HEY JIM IM WITH YOU THOS 70 JOBS HAVE MADE MY LIFE BETTER  LOL

Well it sure made a friend's son's life better.  He is one of the 70.  Have you ever been unemployed?  It's alot better when we have a job and a paycheck...

How about the THOUSANDS of Americans who rely on the waterways that the coal companies can now dump their waste into. Their lives "sure" won't be better!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

President Trump lauded the opening of the nation's first new coal mine in recent memory.

Corsa Coal Company will operate the mine in Somerset County, Pa. - outside of Pittsburgh.

Corsa CEO George Dethlefsen said the mine will be a boon to the struggling local economy.

He praised Trump's easing of regulations and encouragement for fossil fuel exploration.

Dethlefsen told Leland Vittert that for the 70 positions available in the mine, 400 people applied.

Vittert said the news contrasts with Hillary Clinton's message that she would "put a lot of coal miners out of work."

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D), who endorsed Clinton, joined the mine company in watching a video message from Trump commemorating the occasion.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/10/new-coal-mine-donald-trump-pennsylvania-fossil-fuels-regulatio...

I think you should re-read the article - and maybe consider changing the Title of your Thread.........................

One Suggestion for the New Title would be 

"Only in Trumps Mind & in his Dwindling Supporters Minds - has The Error of Trump not opened up the World Largest Black Hole 

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

A paltry 70 jobs while thousands of Americans suffer the results of the environmental destruction from Trump's regulation removal ..... an event that warrants condemnation instead of celebration!

You wanna drink the water from the waterways that the coal companies can now dump their waste into jimc91?

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 17 of 22

Most folks would take a job doing anything while unemployed! If the only thing he knew was tearing up the earth to make another man rich, he deserved to be unemployed........

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 22

@MIseker wrote:

Well it sure made a friend's son's life better.  He is one of the 70.  Have you ever been unemployed?  It's alot better when we have a job and a paycheck...

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 22

@MIseker wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Care to tell us why this mine is needed? I read about it a week or so ago.

Coal

• Coal exports for the first quarter of 2017 were 58% higher than in the same quarter last year, with steam coal exports increasing by 6 million short tons (MMst). Coal producers that have completed bankruptcy reorganizations and companies that purchased bankrupt assets have increased both exports and production in 2017. EIA expects growth in coal exports to slow in the coming months, with exports for all of 2017 forecast at 72 MMst, 11 MMst (19%) above the 2016 level. The increase in coal exports contributes to an expected 8% increase in coal production in 2017.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/coal.cfm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Demand...

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 22

From WAPO :  The price of metallurgical coal tripled to over $300 a ton over the past year after China slashed its coal production and the steel industry bounced back from a global downturn. Cyclones disrupted supplies in Australia, the world’s biggest exporter of metallurgical coal, pushing prices higher. Though prices have sagged since then, Dethlefsen said he is confident that the mine will be profitable for a while to come.

You might note climate change in Auz is hindering mining there. 

So it begins.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors