From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Netflix: THE FAMILY

Message 1 of 6

@TracyofCotuit  - Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to check them out. 

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was interviewed by Bill Maher his show last Friday. Whitehouse mentioned how much dark money controlled operations in Congress and especially in the Senate. He said that there were at least seven R-senators who want to do a bill on climate change, but they have no protection from dark money that would surely get them voted out of office. The dark money is from the fossil fuel industry of course, but the donors remain unknown. They operate under a veil of secrecy.

Another interesting point that he made was that the R-majority in the Senate represented about 40 million less people than the D-minority

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

The Atlantic article outs the Religious Right Evangelicals.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/ben-howe-evangelical-christians-support-trump/5...

Ben Howe is angry at evangelicals. As he describes it, he is angry that they didn’t just vote for Donald Trump in record numbers, but repeatedly provide moral cover for his outrageous failings. He is angry that leaders of the religious right, who long claimed to be the champions of American morality, appear to have gladly traded their values for power. He is angry that Christians claim they support the president because they want to end abortion or protect religious liberty, when supporting Trump suggests that what they really want is a champion who will mock and crush their perceived enemies.

To redeem themselves, Howe believes, evangelicals have to give up their take-no-prisoners culture war.

Right-wing Christianity is Howe’s native territory: He grew up attending Falwell’s church in Virginia, Thomas Road Baptist Church, down the street from Liberty University, where Howe’s father, a Southern Baptist pastor, taught classes. In other years, Howe’s family attended First Baptist Church in Dallas, which is now pastored by one of Trump’s most vocal supporters, Robert Jeffress. After being raised in the bosom of the religious right, Howe went on to become a filmmaker, a Tea Party activist, and a blogger for the conservative website RedState, where he spent a not insignificant portion of his time trolling progressives. He was later fired from that website, along with other writers, because of his vocally anti-Trump views, he claims. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

No doubt, most of you know about Doug Coe and The Family, C Street etc. I didn't until last night, and after watching 3 episodes, I realized how naive I am. Between THE GREAT HACK and this docuseries about a secret religious society, I have to wonder how much weight the average voter really does have these days. No wonder Trump is so cocky!

It is far beyond being a 'consipriacy theory' that the 1% is oppressing the rest of our society and that their  $dollars$ are purchasing our Congress and the Presidency by the amounts they spend in our elections, on commercials for candidates, and in lobbying in Washington.  Even more sadness is added to this by them making the rest of Americans reimburse them for their expenditures through the prices of the services and products that they sell to us.

The 1% is screwing us and making us pay for it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

I read the book when it was published and it is a long term project of the Religious Right.   As Sharlet says in his book - it was never about religion, it was / is all about power.   

Democracy in Chains is almost a follow-up ( Nancy MacLean)

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

No doubt, most of you know about Doug Coe and The Family, C Street etc. I didn't until last night, and after watching 3 episodes, I realized how naive I am. Between THE GREAT HACK and this docuseries about a secret religious society, I have to wonder how much weight the average voter really does have these days. No wonder Trump is so cocky!

I too found The Great Hack and The Family highly disturbing, BUT even with such massive support from such well funded clandestine sources, Bonespurso WUSSolini only received the votes from 26% of registered voters!

We can make America Great by eliminating the Republicans who have vowed to destroy our society so they can rebuild one in their image on the ashes of our dreams.

All that is needed is for Progressives to STOP demanding Democratic candidates be 100% ideologically pure, without a trace of human frailty or a single allegation of misdeeds lodged against them.

Al Franken is a good man who behaved badly, and Hillary has never been charged with a crime, and yet you crucified them. Wake up! Your opposition cheers wildly for a psychopathic liar and sexual predator, and if you persist in this madness of rejecting the good because s/he is not perfect, your children will be enslaved to the Corporate Oligarchy Republicans have been building for the past 50 years.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Netflix: THE FAMILY

Message 6 of 6

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors