Net Neutrality Ends Today Monday June 11th

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Net Neutrality Ends Today Monday June 11th

Message 1 of 5

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Panjandrom wrote:

CriticalThinking:  Net Neutrality rules officially expired.

Yep, and we didn't even get invited to the celebration thrown by the Telecom companies that will begin soaking us shortly.

Please inform me when your rates go up. I don't expect as much, but what do I know?

Evidently, you don't know what net neutrality means.  Your individual rates from your ISP provider may or may not go up.  What ending net neutrality means is that your ISP provider can now control the speeds of the various sites that you visit.  If a site is willing to pay them, they will be granted faster speeds, if they aren't willing to pay them, their speeds could be reduced. 

To make it simpler, if you are a member of netflix and netflix decides that they need to pay for faster speeds to keep their customers, your netflix bill will ultimately increase, not your ISP bill.  This also means that start-up companies will have a much harder time establishing any kind of presence if they cannot afford to pay.  This is not as simple as your comment makes it seem.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@Panjandrom wrote:

Yep, and we didn't even get invited to the celebration thrown by the Telecom companies that will begin soaking us shortly.

Please inform me when your rates go up. I don't expect as much, but what do I know?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
I am one of the lucky few. My Governor, Jay Inslee has extended net neutrality indefinitely in Washington State!! He is being watched carefully as a possible candidate in 2020. He speaks out against Trump often and at every opportunity.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Net Neutrality Ends Today Monday June 11th

Message 5 of 5

Net Neutrality rules officially expired.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Jeopardy!® for AARP Tournament! Play now until Jan. 17 for a chance to win up to $500 from AARP. See Rules.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors