Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: National Enquirer Admits It Conspired With Trump

Message 71 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

trump offered her money, you left that tidbit out. trump is guilty of conspiricy and broke campaign laws. Are you OK with that?

Offered her money for what? 

If campaign rules were violated (I don't know), there are officials to deal with that and, if appropriate, levy a fine (the standard approach). But a Special Council and sending people to jail over such a questionable issue is, I'm sure you'll agree, quite unique.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"I'll tell everyone what you did if you don't give me money" - is that not extortion?

No, it's not, because Daniels had already talked about it - IN 2011.

It was then that Cohen threatened to sue In Touch magazine if they ever published her interview detailing her affair with Trump.

And then in 2016 Trump and Cohen wanted to ensure she kept her mouth shut, so they offered her money if she'd sign the NDA. Then came the shell company, and the aliases, and the failure to report in-kind campaign contributions, and then 2 years of lies, until the guilty pleas started piling up.

But if you're so certain that Trump's got a case, call up the White House counsel (before any more of them resign) and tell them to pursue extortion charges against Daniels and McDougal.

That theory would mean that the President just decided to pay out all that money out of the goodness of his heart. I doubt you are going to accept the "goodness of his heart" theory.

Nope, it wasn't out of the "goodness of his heart". He paid it out to keep the dirt of it from affecting his campaign for president, part of him breaking campaign finance laws and being guilty of conspiracy.

On the assumption that he wanted the "dirt" not exposed for political reasons, personal reasons, professional reasons, whatever reasons - he was extorted.

If the proper authorities want to look into it - fine, it is not uncommon. But  to go from "Russian collusion" to paying off an extortionist is quite a leap for a Special Council.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The purposely dense act ain't gonna work for Trump, either.

Paying off mistresses to influence the image of a political campaign, is considered an in-kind contribution. In-kind contributions MUST be reported. Trump, Cohen and Pecker conspired to keep the payments secret. Cohen and Pecker have pled guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, and that Trump had prior knowledge of and participated in it.

The bottom line is if the person who actively seeks the office, whose duty it is to sign legislation to enact laws, also wants to plead ignorance of the law, then they shouldn't hold that office. Ever.

Hey, I didn't bring up the bus thing so don't accuse me of "dense".

Now, back to the issue. Trump was subjected to an extortion attempt. To save his reputation, he said, "Pay her off" and provided the necessary money.

It appears that the extortionists should be subject to inquiry, not the victim.

The bus thing is a metaphor. My mistake for believing you could tell the difference. Everyone else did.

Now, back to the issue. It is hardly extortion when Trump and Cohen required a nondisclosure agreement - hint, that's a contract, not extortion - and also set up a shell company in Delaware to handle the payment so it didn't have to be reported.

If you'll recall, the NDA, which was never filed in court, also didn't use any real names. Further, Trump never signed it. And when Daniels sought and won a declaratory judgement voiding the NDA, it allowed Daniels to dish all she wanted, and eliminated any extortion claims.

Those are just the particulars on the Daniels case. Trump is learning you can't always buy your way out of trouble. Now, is it necessary to go into the McDougal case?

"I'll tell everyone what you did if you don't give me money" - is that not extortion?

trump is guilty of conspiracy and broke campaign finance laws. You try to cover it up with extortion. It ain't workin'. What would you use as a cover up or a distraction if he killed someone on the street?

Forget what you think I think and deal with this - "Pay me money or I will tell everyone what we did" - is that not extortion?

trump offered her money, you left that tidbit out. trump is guilty of conspiricy and broke campaign laws. Are you OK with that?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 134

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

We are discussing paying off someone demanding money to shut up. That is extortion.

Again, point to any legal brief in either case that determines Trump was extorted. You keep insisting these women demanded money. Where is that proof? If there was proof, don't you think Trump would be running with that ball already? He'd have every right to. He sure has no problem running with flat-out lies (crowd sizes, Obama is Kenyan, I didn't know about the payment, ok, I knew about the payment but it wasn't my money, ok I paid Cohen back but it was a private transaction, etc).

If there was any indication that Trump was being extorted, he'd already be flailing his tiny little hands with the accusation. And even if there was extortion, it still would not excuse the felonies committed by Cohen and Pecker in which they've implicated Trump. Would it be a mitigating factor? Perhaps, but there is no mention in any court filing that these women were attempting to extort Trump. Pecker, whose name in on the check to McDougal, has never claimed extortion, either. There has been no mention anywhere that these women were attempting to extort anyone. Period.

I'm not going to engage in any more childish fantasies about imaginary extortion charges that don't even exist. So, if that's all you got, we're done here.

Legal briefs?  "Demanded money" - we again come to whether you believe he gave the money out of the goodness of his heart. If not, we are right back to extortion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Paying off mistresses to influence the image of a political campaign, is considered an in-kind contribution. In-kind contributions MUST be reported. Trump, Cohen and Pecker conspired to keep the payments secret. Cohen and Pecker have pled guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, and that Trump had prior knowledge of and participated in it.

The bottom line is if the person who actively seeks the office, whose duty it is to sign legislation to enact laws, also wants to plead ignorance of the law, then they shouldn't hold that office. Ever.

Now, back to the issue. Trump was subjected to an extortion attempt. To save his reputation, he said, "Pay her off" and provided the necessary money.

The bus thing is a metaphor. My mistake for believing you could tell the difference. Everyone else did.

Now, back to the issue. It is hardly extortion when Trump and Cohen required a nondisclosure agreement - hint, that's a contract, not extortion - and also set up a shell company in Delaware to handle the payment so it didn't have to be reported.

If you'll recall, the NDA, which was never filed in court, also didn't use any real names. Further, Trump never signed it. And when Daniels sought and won a declaratory judgement voiding the NDA, it allowed Daniels to dish all she wanted, and eliminated any extortion claims.

Those are just the particulars on the Daniels case. Trump is learning you can't always buy your way out of trouble. Now, is it necessary to go into the McDougal case?

trump is guilty of conspiracy and broke campaign finance laws. You try to cover it up with extortion. It ain't workin'. What would you use as a cover up or a distraction if he killed someone on the street?

Forget what you think I think and deal with this - "Pay me money or I will tell everyone what we did" - is that not extortion?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It was then that Cohen threatened to sue In Touch magazine if they ever published her interview detailing her affair with Trump.

And then in 2016 Trump and Cohen wanted to ensure she kept her mouth shut, so they offered her money if she'd sign the NDA. Then came the shell company, and the aliases, and the failure to report in-kind campaign contributions, and then 2 years of lies, until the guilty pleas started piling up.

But if you're so certain that Trump's got a case, call up the White House counsel (before any more of them resign) and tell them to pursue extortion charges against Daniels and McDougal.

That theory would mean that the President just decided to pay out all that money out of the goodness of his heart. I doubt you are going to accept the "goodness of his heart" theory.

Nope, it wasn't out of the "goodness of his heart". He paid it out to keep the dirt of it from affecting his campaign for president, part of him breaking campaign finance laws and being guilty of conspiracy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

We are discussing paying off someone demanding money to shut up. That is extortion.

Again, point to any legal brief in either case that determines Trump was extorted. You keep insisting these women demanded money. Where is that proof? If there was proof, don't you think Trump would be running with that ball already? He'd have every right to. He sure has no problem running with flat-out lies (crowd sizes, Obama is Kenyan, I didn't know about the payment, ok, I knew about the payment but it wasn't my money, ok I paid Cohen back but it was a private transaction, etc).

If there was any indication that Trump was being extorted, he'd already be flailing his tiny little hands with the accusation. And even if there was extortion, it still would not excuse the felonies committed by Cohen and Pecker in which they've implicated Trump. Would it be a mitigating factor? Perhaps, but there is no mention in any court filing that these women were attempting to extort Trump. Pecker, whose name in on the check to McDougal, has never claimed extortion, either. There has been no mention anywhere that these women were attempting to extort anyone. Period.

I'm not going to engage in any more childish fantasies about imaginary extortion charges that don't even exist. So, if that's all you got, we're done here.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 134

The conspiracy with trump - his lawyer - and David Pecker to pay for silence and influence the election is an obvious criminal conspracy.

republican/conservative/trump supporters are lying about the nature of trump's offers to pay for silence to influence the election.

trump lies - his supporters back up his lies.

No sane, rational, and logical person believes trump supporters.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 134

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You're correct, I don't accept it, as he has demonstrated there is no goodness in his heart.

Mueller is obligated to pursue and report any crimes he comes across. Cohen's case is all settled except for sentencing. Tell me, where in any of the briefs filed with the court in that case mention extortion? Pecker's immunity deal is done. Tell me, where in any of the briefs filed with the court in that case mention extortion?

You're like a little kid standing in the middle of the street pointing and yelling "Wolf! Wolf!" But when everyone comes running to see what you're pointing at, all it is is a pile of scat that was meant to stay covered up, but now it's covered with a bunch of Trump flies.

Instead of that childishness, can you say why you think the actions of the women is not extortion?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors