From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: National Enquirer Admits It Conspired With Trump

Message 61 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"I'll tell everyone what you did if you don't give me money" - is that not extortion?

No, it's not, because Daniels had already talked about it - IN 2011.

It was then that Cohen threatened to sue In Touch magazine if they ever published her interview detailing her affair with Trump.

And then in 2016 Trump and Cohen wanted to ensure she kept her mouth shut, so they offered her money if she'd sign the NDA. Then came the shell company, and the aliases, and the failure to report in-kind campaign contributions, and then 2 years of lies, until the guilty pleas started piling up.

But if you're so certain that Trump's got a case, call up the White House counsel (before any more of them resign) and tell them to pursue extortion charges against Daniels and McDougal.

That theory would mean that the President just decided to pay out all that money out of the goodness of his heart. I doubt you are going to accept the "goodness of his heart" theory.

Nope, it wasn't out of the "goodness of his heart". He paid it out to keep the dirt of it from affecting his campaign for president, part of him breaking campaign finance laws and being guilty of conspiracy.

On the assumption that he wanted the "dirt" not exposed for political reasons, personal reasons, professional reasons, whatever reasons - he was extorted.

If the proper authorities want to look into it - fine, it is not uncommon. But  to go from "Russian collusion" to paying off an extortionist is quite a leap for a Special Council.

No, he wasn't "extorted"  trump knew he was doing wrong, he did it of his own accord. He conspired with the National Enquirer and he offered hush money. Trump broke the law.  In fact .......... he broke the law even if he had been "extorted".

He probably did know - he knew he was being extorted and opted to pay off (with his own money). If it was his own money, what law did he break?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The purposely dense act ain't gonna work for Trump, either.

Paying off mistresses to influence the image of a political campaign, is considered an in-kind contribution. In-kind contributions MUST be reported. Trump, Cohen and Pecker conspired to keep the payments secret. Cohen and Pecker have pled guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, and that Trump had prior knowledge of and participated in it.

The bottom line is if the person who actively seeks the office, whose duty it is to sign legislation to enact laws, also wants to plead ignorance of the law, then they shouldn't hold that office. Ever.

Hey, I didn't bring up the bus thing so don't accuse me of "dense".

Now, back to the issue. Trump was subjected to an extortion attempt. To save his reputation, he said, "Pay her off" and provided the necessary money.

It appears that the extortionists should be subject to inquiry, not the victim.

The bus thing is a metaphor. My mistake for believing you could tell the difference. Everyone else did.

Now, back to the issue. It is hardly extortion when Trump and Cohen required a nondisclosure agreement - hint, that's a contract, not extortion - and also set up a shell company in Delaware to handle the payment so it didn't have to be reported.

If you'll recall, the NDA, which was never filed in court, also didn't use any real names. Further, Trump never signed it. And when Daniels sought and won a declaratory judgement voiding the NDA, it allowed Daniels to dish all she wanted, and eliminated any extortion claims.

Those are just the particulars on the Daniels case. Trump is learning you can't always buy your way out of trouble. Now, is it necessary to go into the McDougal case?

"I'll tell everyone what you did if you don't give me money" - is that not extortion?

trump is guilty of conspiracy and broke campaign finance laws. You try to cover it up with extortion. It ain't workin'. What would you use as a cover up or a distraction if he killed someone on the street?

Forget what you think I think and deal with this - "Pay me money or I will tell everyone what we did" - is that not extortion?

Neither woman asked Der Trumper for money, both had a story to sell, lil donny knew it, and ordered his personal lawyer (Cohen) to pay whatever it took to silence them until after the election. Trumps buddy at National Enquirer OFFERED the playmate money FOR HER STORY, and had her sign an agreement that NE would have EXCLUSIVE rights to the story, AND THEN NEVER PUBLISHED IT. They confessed to felony crimes associated with their participation in Trumps crimes.

The puppetPOTUS's action was totally to prevent damage to his Presidential campaign, he used campaign money, he lied about the transactions, he got caught and the prosecutors have SOOO much evidence of his total criminal involvement they included him as an "unindicted co-conspirator" as "Individual 1" who they also noted "ran a successful campaign for President in 2016".

Prosecutors don't do that UNLESS they have rock solid evidence the one named committed the crimes. This happened when Nixon was named "unindicted co-conspirator" in Watergate crimes and when Republicans asked what evidence the prosecutor had to make such an accusation against the POTUS, the Special Prosecutor said ' no problem - send me a subpoena for the information.

The GOPers did, and received a literal truck load of evidence convicting Nixon that had not yet been made public. In Trumpers case, the EVIDENCE IS ALREADY OUT THERE - TONS ON IT. But not ALL of it - there's no doubt additional carloads of evidence that Mueller has uncovered but NOT released.

You insist on reading minds, declaring intentions, claiming knowledge you could not have. That makes it impossible to discuss.

It's funny you brought up Nixon - 18 minutes of tape vs thousands of emails (Clinton, Lerner, Strzok, etc.).

It is the same as the priority that easily swings from "Russian collusion", "traitorous acts". and "betraying the nation" to campaign funding discovered by catching a lawyer having acquired NYC taxi medallions in questionable ways.

More and more my original theory of Mueller being all about "Get Trump by any means necessary".

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 134

I am baffled.  How can Trump supporters still find reason to support such a man as this?  You know, I don't much care if Trump paid those women from his wallet or his campaign fund or by way of conspiracy with The National Inquirer.  For me the true bone of contention is in the fact that he felt he "had" to do it because of HIS own bad behavior; that it was not a "good look" for a so-called "moral" man who was attempting to ascend to the highest office in the land.  Ultimately, the fact of the matter is Mr. Trump is neither moral or presidential and yet there he sits in The White House--flawed without marrow for all the world to see.  What a disgrace!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

National Enquirer Admits It Conspired With Trump

Message 64 of 134

PanJ, I have the source. It was Trump, a man who never lies.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 134

rk9152:  On the assumption that he wanted the "dirt" not exposed for political reasons, personal reasons, professional reasons, whatever reasons - he was extorted.

I may have missed it, but where did you see that there was an attempt at extorting money from Trump? You keep saying it happened, so how about a source?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

Legal briefs?  "Demanded money" - we again come to whether you believe he gave the money out of the goodness of his heart. If not, we are right back to extortion.

If Daniels and McDougal are such masterful extortionists, then they really REALLY suck at it, because it was Trump, Cohen and Pecker drawing up the contracts. That would be like kidnappers sending a ransom note that reads "make up your own terms."

Your quarter ran out on this ride a long time ago, rk.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 134

If you all have the time and stop attacking each other perhaps any of you can answer my question.

Why?   since the story broke, I have heard two journalists request answers to this question. Do you believe in Mike Cohen telling the truth, even when we know that he hasn't been truthful at other  times?

Today this morning I saw Tapper interview Susan Collins ask the same question got a similar answer like we really don't know all the particulars. and yet.

No journalist ever brought up the logical question that should have followed.

What about the National Inquirer and what they have stated ? They corroborated what Cohen has stated.

Why are the journalists not bringing up the corroboration to Michal Cohen words.?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

trump offered her money, you left that tidbit out. trump is guilty of conspiricy and broke campaign laws. Are you OK with that?

Offered her money for what? 

If campaign rules were violated (I don't know), there are officials to deal with that and, if appropriate, levy a fine (the standard approach). But a Special Council and sending people to jail over such a questionable issue is, I'm sure you'll agree, quite unique.

Again you act like trump did nothing serious which is not the case. You're right it is "unique".  Slimeball trump is "unique" in doing what he did, nothing questionable about it and nothing questionable about sending someone to jail for the kind of conspiracy that trump is guilty of.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

No, it's not, because Daniels had already talked about it - IN 2011.

It was then that Cohen threatened to sue In Touch magazine if they ever published her interview detailing her affair with Trump.

And then in 2016 Trump and Cohen wanted to ensure she kept her mouth shut, so they offered her money if she'd sign the NDA. Then came the shell company, and the aliases, and the failure to report in-kind campaign contributions, and then 2 years of lies, until the guilty pleas started piling up.

But if you're so certain that Trump's got a case, call up the White House counsel (before any more of them resign) and tell them to pursue extortion charges against Daniels and McDougal.

That theory would mean that the President just decided to pay out all that money out of the goodness of his heart. I doubt you are going to accept the "goodness of his heart" theory.

Nope, it wasn't out of the "goodness of his heart". He paid it out to keep the dirt of it from affecting his campaign for president, part of him breaking campaign finance laws and being guilty of conspiracy.

On the assumption that he wanted the "dirt" not exposed for political reasons, personal reasons, professional reasons, whatever reasons - he was extorted.

If the proper authorities want to look into it - fine, it is not uncommon. But  to go from "Russian collusion" to paying off an extortionist is quite a leap for a Special Council.

No, he wasn't "extorted"  trump knew he was doing wrong, he did it of his own accord. He conspired with the National Enquirer and he offered hush money. Trump broke the law.  In fact .......... he broke the law even if he had been "extorted".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The purposely dense act ain't gonna work for Trump, either.

Paying off mistresses to influence the image of a political campaign, is considered an in-kind contribution. In-kind contributions MUST be reported. Trump, Cohen and Pecker conspired to keep the payments secret. Cohen and Pecker have pled guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, and that Trump had prior knowledge of and participated in it.

The bottom line is if the person who actively seeks the office, whose duty it is to sign legislation to enact laws, also wants to plead ignorance of the law, then they shouldn't hold that office. Ever.

Hey, I didn't bring up the bus thing so don't accuse me of "dense".

Now, back to the issue. Trump was subjected to an extortion attempt. To save his reputation, he said, "Pay her off" and provided the necessary money.

It appears that the extortionists should be subject to inquiry, not the victim.

The bus thing is a metaphor. My mistake for believing you could tell the difference. Everyone else did.

Now, back to the issue. It is hardly extortion when Trump and Cohen required a nondisclosure agreement - hint, that's a contract, not extortion - and also set up a shell company in Delaware to handle the payment so it didn't have to be reported.

If you'll recall, the NDA, which was never filed in court, also didn't use any real names. Further, Trump never signed it. And when Daniels sought and won a declaratory judgement voiding the NDA, it allowed Daniels to dish all she wanted, and eliminated any extortion claims.

Those are just the particulars on the Daniels case. Trump is learning you can't always buy your way out of trouble. Now, is it necessary to go into the McDougal case?

trump is guilty of conspiracy and broke campaign finance laws. You try to cover it up with extortion. It ain't workin'. What would you use as a cover up or a distraction if he killed someone on the street?

Forget what you think I think and deal with this - "Pay me money or I will tell everyone what we did" - is that not extortion?

Neither woman asked Der Trumper for money, both had a story to sell, lil donny knew it, and ordered his personal lawyer (Cohen) to pay whatever it took to silence them until after the election. Trumps buddy at National Enquirer OFFERED the playmate money FOR HER STORY, and had her sign an agreement that NE would have EXCLUSIVE rights to the story, AND THEN NEVER PUBLISHED IT. They confessed to felony crimes associated with their participation in Trumps crimes.

The puppetPOTUS's action was totally to prevent damage to his Presidential campaign, he used campaign money, he lied about the transactions, he got caught and the prosecutors have SOOO much evidence of his total criminal involvement they included him as an "unindicted co-conspirator" as "Individual 1" who they also noted "ran a successful campaign for President in 2016".

Prosecutors don't do that UNLESS they have rock solid evidence the one named committed the crimes. This happened when Nixon was named "unindicted co-conspirator" in Watergate crimes and when Republicans asked what evidence the prosecutor had to make such an accusation against the POTUS, the Special Prosecutor said ' no problem - send me a subpoena for the information.

The GOPers did, and received a literal truck load of evidence convicting Nixon that had not yet been made public. In Trumpers case, the EVIDENCE IS ALREADY OUT THERE - TONS ON IT. But not ALL of it - there's no doubt additional carloads of evidence that Mueller has uncovered but NOT released.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors