Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: National Borders

Message 21 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Back "in the day" the American unions leaned towards Communism as did many others. WWI causes a split between Eugene Debs and Samuel Gompers and ended the relationship between Communism and the AFL.

Interestingly, the point that tore them apart was the idea of national borders. Debs was following the Marxist concept of one world while Gompers saw himself and his membership as Americans.

And now we have the modern Dems looking to get rid of our borders (one worlders?).

Interesting to say the least.

Why did you make up an accusation just to argue against it? Who are these ‘modern Dems’ who have suggested getting rid of our borders?

Those who argue against border security and for all sorts of ways that more immigration can occur.

Who are these people? I have never heard anyone arguing against border security.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 51

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152 Huh, well that is quite the "spin" blame me for the way I post. Okay, if you say so, no?

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152  Would you please get your facts straight?  I did not post this comment but alfredpacker did.  Yes, I posted after his post but you again are stating others are making the original statement.  

AGAIN, please get your facts correct.

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Are you referring to "immigrants" -  that group of people who commit fewer crimes than native born Americans?

And what about the fact that ultra right fringe conservative white males are the greatest threat for terrorist action in the USA?

Looks like trump cultists have lots of dangerous criminal sorts among their trump supporting buddies...

None of the above, I am referring to the efforts to make us a borderless nation.

AS FAR AS THE "None, of the above, I am referring to efforts to make us a borderless nation." IS NOT MY POST.  When you re-create posts, please use the correct poster!

The post in question had words I responded to at the bottom and I hit "reply". In this post you have your comments at the bottom but in the post in question you put yours on top. That is the cause of the problem.

No "blame" just explain. Take a few deep breaths.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 51

@rk9152 Huh, well that is quite the "spin" blame me for the way I post. Okay, if you say so, no?

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152  Would you please get your facts straight?  I did not post this comment but alfredpacker did.  Yes, I posted after his post but you again are stating others are making the original statement.  

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Are you referring to "immigrants" -  that group of people who commit fewer crimes than native born Americans?

And what about the fact that ultra right fringe conservative white males are the greatest threat for terrorist action in the USA?

Looks like trump cultists have lots of dangerous criminal sorts among their trump supporting buddies...

None of the above, I am referring to the efforts to make us a borderless nation.

AS FAR AS THE "None, of the above, I am referring to efforts to make us a borderless nation." IS NOT MY POST.  When you re-create posts, please use the correct poster!

The post in question had words I responded to at the bottom and I hit "reply". In this post you have your comments at the bottom but in the post in question you put yours on top. That is the cause of the problem.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 51

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And now we have the modern Dems looking to get rid of our  borders (one worlders?).

Build a strawman and expect others to debate it. Truth is .............. the Dems are not "looking to get rid of our borders", or anyone else's.

Of course they are. A border that is not enforced is not a valid border. When pols keep finding new ways to allow non citizens in, they are effectively removing the borders.

Who has spoken out against enforcing a border? 

All the Dems.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Back "in the day" the American unions leaned towards Communism as did many others. WWI causes a split between Eugene Debs and Samuel Gompers and ended the relationship between Communism and the AFL.

Interestingly, the point that tore them apart was the idea of national borders. Debs was following the Marxist concept of one world while Gompers saw himself and his membership as Americans.

And now we have the modern Dems looking to get rid of our borders (one worlders?).

Interesting to say the least.

Why did you make up an accusation just to argue against it? Who are these ‘modern Dems’ who have suggested getting rid of our borders?

Those who argue against border security and for all sorts of ways that more immigration can occur.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 51

Please note users, the following quote was not mine but actually appeared under this persons post.

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Interesing exaggeration - but nowhere close to factual and true.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 51

Help, I have looked through this thread to find what "Dem" posted they wanted to "get rid of the borders" as rk9152 keeps stating.  I can not find where anyone has mentioned this, does anyone else see this post?  I believe we got a great deception at play here, no?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors