Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 81 of 225

@alferdpacker wrote:

The M1 (30 carbine) is not powerful enough to lawfully hunt deer - much less elk, moose and bear in Colorado..

Who would want to travel to Colorado when they have a deer lease here in Texas close to home?  And yes, he hunted for years here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 225

I already gave my definition and it's included in the Brady Bill that the Republican George W. Bush killed.

What don't you get about the term Military " Style ". I'm well aware of full auto and burst features on the Actual Military Issue

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

A brother in-law is a long time deer hunter (I don't like deer meat myself) but his favorite rifle was a M-1 carbine.  I preferred the M-1 also from the old days in the Air Force.

The M1 (30 carbine) is not powerful enough to lawfully hunt deer - much less elk, moose and bear in Colorado... 

Anyone hunting bear with a M1 Carbine should have their will completed and funeral arrangements pre-paid... 

The AR15 with it's 5.56x45mm round is also not considered "enough gun" to be used in Colorado to lawfully hunt anything bigger than a coyote or a bobcat...

Why have an M1, when the time proved and respected 124 year old 30-30 lever action rifle is essentially the same weight and size and 40% to 90% more powerful depending upon which loading one selects?

Back on topic...

New Zealand did it right - mostly because it doesn't have the problem of a morally and ethically bankrupt NRA with it's connections to Russia...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 225

Like the song goes...."if I didn't have this gun, would you still respect me?"  Now...you have to put that into the context that it speaks for.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 225

@myexper wrote:

"an assault weapon is any gun that" has been designed as an assault weapon .... like the inventor of the AR15 who designed this weapon to be a military only assault weapon ..... NEVER intended for civilian use!

"an assault weapon is any gun that" has been designed as an assault weapon"   What a profound statement...of course such would be designed as an assault weapon...what else?  But you are incorrect about the AR-15.  The AR-15 is the civilian version of a M-15, which is mainly for combat use in a combat situation. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 225

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

tex says "Brave law enforcement indeed....now cue the Stars and Stripes Forever and let the closing credits roll across the screen and we return to the real world."

-------------------------------------------

Your above statement got me thinking further tex. Do you know who isn't brave tex ? The insecure wimps , who feel they need to be armed with a 30-50 Round Military Style Assault Weapon to kill a "Wild Hog". I know a few people who need to return to the "real world".

Are you still trying to convince everyone that their state should have the same laws as NY?

Just someone wanting to force their ideas on others. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

Your above statement got me thinking further tex. Do you know who isn't brave tex ? The insecure wimps , who feel they need to be armed with a 30-50 Round Military Style Assault Weapon to kill a "Wild Hog". I know a few people who need to return to the "real world".

Of course one doesn't need multi round military style assault weapons for hunting, but there is no wrong in using a semi-automatic rifle to do so. 

But the constitution and the law allows responsible law abiding owners to possess them in spite of those who want to impose their views on others. 

And they keep on pushing the topic ad infinitum through nonsensical sarcastically type posts, especially directed towards someone who gave up handling or owning firearms over 40 years ago. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 225

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Nothing but a litany of straw man arguments Tex  ...... all to evade from your inability to provide a "reasonable explanation" as to why a civilian needs to have a military style assault weapon!

Ok, myexper, myexper, myexper, I'll bite again; you still haven't said what your definition of a military style assault weapon is.  Fact is I doubt you would even know.  Further, you haven't defined your experience with any type of firearm.  And who are you to decide what type firearms anyone should have. 

You can't even define what a military style assault weapon is.  I even doubt if you have ever handled or fired any type firearm.  Further, you have worn that phrase 'straw man argument' completely out long ago, but in my opinion, that has been the gist of all your posts. 

To most leftists, an assault weapon is any gun that shoots bullets and looks menacing.

Absurd NOTHAPPENING .....

Actually, "to ALL" reasonable persons, "an assault weapon is any gun that" has been designed as an assault weapon .... like the inventor of the AR15 who designed this weapon to be a military only assault weapon ..... NEVER intended for civilian use!

You have proved that YOU don't know what an assault rifle is!  Any good definition WON'T use the same term you are trying to define. The AR15 is a civilian weapon that has no auto or burst functionality.

My definition of an assault rifle is any long gun that has a selectable lever that allows you to go from single shot, to burst, or even full automatic.  That, my friend is NOT an AR15!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

tex says "Brave law enforcement indeed....now cue the Stars and Stripes Forever and let the closing credits roll across the screen and we return to the real world."

Are you still trying to convince everyone that their state should have the same laws as NY?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 225

Kudos
Views