WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 71 of 225

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

And so I say this nation and it's leaders are both morally bankrupt and legislatively controlled and crippled by the outside forces of greed and the greedy. 

Then perhaps you should join in that legislative process by running for office?  That 'blood running in the streets' is only an exception rather than the rule..especially that the majority of guns are in the hands of responsible and law abiding owners.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

New Zealand proved how smart and concerned about human life they are.  When faced with the horrific murder of the innocent, they immediately acted to ban these hand-held weapons of mass destruction.  And yet America, the unadulterated land of mayhem and chaos, stands in a pool of greed-fueled indecision--unable to make ANY change to the status quo all because the NRA has this country's moral and legislative hands tied in knots.

Perhaps the reason there is an abundance of firearms is because of something called the Second Amendment to the Constitution?  I wouldn't go as far to call them weapons of mass destruction.

Also what has been done in New Zealand but cannot be done here is because we are not ruled by decree but by legislative processes.

Yes, I called them "weapons of mass destruction" because they are ofttimes used to kill en masse.  

And I really don't care how New Zealand was able to get it done (the banning of assault rifles). The fact remains that these "so-called" civilized United States of America have not been able to do ANYTHING to even "attempt" to stem the tide of blood flowing down the streets of this nation.  And so I say this nation and it's leaders are both morally bankrupt and legislatively controlled and crippled by the outside forces of greed and the greedy. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The M1 (30 carbine) is not powerful enough to lawfully hunt deer - much less elk, moose and bear in Colorado..

Who would want to travel to Colorado when they have a deer lease here in Texas close to home?  And yes, he hunted for years here.

Who would want to hunt in the guteal cleft of the United States, when one could avoid it?

Turning the discussion into a name calling contest?

Just what I consider to be a relatively accurate description of the bottomland from the viewpoint of one who was born and raised in the highest state in the nation...

It's all a matter of where one is standing, socially, politically and physically when one formulates one's point of view - isn't it?

Perhaps General Phillip Sheridan may have been correct after all...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 225

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The M1 (30 carbine) is not powerful enough to lawfully hunt deer - much less elk, moose and bear in Colorado..

Who would want to travel to Colorado when they have a deer lease here in Texas close to home?  And yes, he hunted for years here.

Who would want to hunt in the guteal cleft of the United States, when one could avoid it?

Turning the discussion into an off-topic name calling contest?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 225

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

New Zealand proved how smart and concerned about human life they are.  When faced with the horrific murder of the innocent, they immediately acted to ban these hand-held weapons of mass destruction.  And yet America, the unadulterated land of mayhem and chaos, stands in a pool of greed-fueled indecision--unable to make ANY change to the status quo all because the NRA has this country's moral and legislative hands tied in knots.

Perhaps the reason there is an abundance of firearms is because of something called the Second Amendment to the Constitution?  I wouldn't go as far to call them weapons of mass destruction.

Also what has been done in New Zealand but cannot be done here is because we are not ruled by decree but by legislative processes.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 225

Let's see if we can remember just how guns in the wrong hands,no?

The Wall Street Journal - 4/13/2015 - "Tulsa Deputy Charged With Manslaughter in Shooting"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/police-video-shows-deadly-shooting-of-black-suspect-in-tulsa-1428913303

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Who would want to hunt in the gluteal cleft of the United States, when one could avoid it?

"Deer lease"?   Is that hunting animals in fenced-in land as opposed to having no fences to restrict the animal's movements?

Uh huh - there are people who offer that kind of "hunting"...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 225

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

I already gave my definition and it's included in the Brady Bill that the Republican George W. Bush killed.

What don't you get about the term Military " Style ". I'm well aware of full auto and burst features on the Actual Military Issue

Again, what's the obsession?   And are they not banned for 'responsible' gun owners?   I am also well aware of what they can do to people.  Why do you think I decided not to own or handle firearms after I retired from the Army?  Yet you continue ad infinitum?  Why are you attempting to force the laws of New York on those living in a state that is vastly different and spread out from it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

I already gave my definition and it's included in the Brady Bill that the Republican George W. Bush killed.

What don't you get about the term Military " Style ". I'm well aware of full auto and burst features on the Actual Military Issue

What makes a weapon "Military" is the reason for which it was DESIGNED!

Semi-automatic weapons are DESIGNED to kill as many human beings as possible in the shortest period of time.

Full auto has proven INEFFECTIVE for a personal weapon, so years ago the US Army abandoned that "selection" leaving the semi-auto and 3-round burst, which apparently GIs don't like and seldom use.

This leaves the semi-auto mode the method of choice for people who are required to kill other people who want to kill them. There's a reason for this choice - semi-auto with large (30 round) magazines allows the GI to lay down 120rounds per minute when the need arises and use the slower mode for the most effective killing of people who are not staging a full frontal assault on your position (the situation where the 120rpm comes in).

For further proof that the semi-automatic is the most effective way to kill lots of people quickly, just examine the details of every mass murder in the US since the Texas Tower sniper used a bolt action rifle.

To convert a semi-auto to "single shot" only requires blocking the passage for the escaping gas to operate the arming mechanism so that has to be done manually after each round. The limitation on magazines is even easier - just make them with a smaller capacity, don't even have to change their exterior size, just make them to only hold 8 rounds. If it's the law, law abiding citizens (those not formenting Revolution against the Government) will comply.

As for the criminals, start by limiting the sale of ammo to people with a valid registration for a weapon that cannot operate in the semi-auto mode, and offer a (for example) $1,000 bounty for turning in the owner of an ILLEGAL (semi-auto) weapon or $250 for those possessing a maganine (able to carry more than 8 rounds). Then wait for the "honor among thieves" factor to do the work.

Kudos
Views