Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 61 of 225

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do you really think that trump supporters would stand up against him for declaring a national emergency and banning certain weapons?  So far they have accepted anything he does.

I wouldn't know, so why don't you ask them? For myself, I have stated what the Constitution says.

So is your answer to my question "yes", or "no"?

You can make it either one you want.   But of course you would anyway.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 225

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would anyone claim the right to own an "assault weapon" unless they were planning on assaulting someone with it?

By the left's definition, most handguns would be "assault weapons" and you would ban these also. That way, only thugs from the inner city would be armed.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 225

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would anyone claim the right to own an "assault weapon" unless they were planning on assaulting someone with it?

I'd bet a lot of those good law enforcement people who truly are caring about our society's safety would like the government to do something. I'm sure there are plenty of the law enforcement who will not put the gun lobby above the security and law.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 225

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do you really think that trump supporters would stand up against him for declaring a national emergency and banning certain weapons?  So far they have accepted anything he does.

I wouldn't know, so why don't you ask them? For myself, I have stated what the Constitution says.

So is your answer to my question "yes", or "no"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 225

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The  government has banned assault weapons by decree, but the legislation to do so will follow next month?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/20/new-zealand-bans-military-assault-rifles-after...

"New Zealand is banning all assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and military-style semi-automatic rifles in response to the nation's deadliest massacre in history, the country's prime minister announced Thursday.

"Jacinda Ardern said the ban goes into effect immediately and would be followed by legislation next month. New Zealand's citizens should make arrangements to turn in weapons banned under the new laws, Ardern told the nation in a live television announcement."

If that was done by declaring a 'national emergency' in this country how loud would be the uproar, calling the President a dictator?

The question begs, if Trump banned any weapons (under declaration of emergency), would any leftists or Antifa riot?

So in other words your answer is "No, trump supporters would not stand up against trump for anything he does, no matter how unethical or illegal it might be"?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

tex again asks but doesn't listen "Why are you attempting to force the laws of New York on those living in a state that is vastly different and spread out from it?"

-----------------------------

For the 3rd time tex - Because New York State Law Enforcement is tired of States like Texas that allow ANYONE WITHOUT ID to fill their trunks full of Assault Rifles and Ammo through Gun Shows , that end up in New York.  

Why should our citizens and Law Enforcement Officers have to live with more risk because of other States Wild West Attitude and Ignorance ?

So now you admit that you are attempting to force the laws of New York on other states?

Perhaps you can show your source for your statement above about Texas?  I found this from a reputable Texas gun dealer's site.

Q: What kind of ID is needed to buy a gun in Texas?

A: For Texas residents, a state-issued ID card or driver’s license. While out-of-state residents may purchase guns under some circumstances, most Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealers won’t sell to them, since gun dealers are legally obligated to abide by the gun laws of whatever state they do business in, and there are legal complexities involved in upholding state-to-state firearms statutes.

Besides where did you get the information that anyone could fill their trunks full of "fill their trunks full of Assault Rifles and Ammo"?    You don't think that would be inviting a visit from local authorities or federal ATF agents?

You have inferred in past posts that in the past you were in law enforcement.  From your posts it appears that you have no knowledge of laws pertaining to firearms.  And incidentally, I'm sure that most firearms in New York comes from the eastern states, not Texas.

Years ago there were many legal firearms were sold to straw buyers and smuggled into Mexico, not to New York.  And where do you get that anyone can buy your trunk full of assault rifles?  Wouldn't even take a person with a law enforcement background to know you can't walk in and buy one of those.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 225

tex again asks but doesn't listen "Why are you attempting to force the laws of New York on those living in a state that is vastly different and spread out from it?"

-----------------------------

For the 3rd time tex - Because New York State Law Enforcement is tired of States like Texas that allow ANYONE WITHOUT ID to fill their trunks full of Assault Rifles and Ammo through Gun Shows , that end up in New York.  

Why should our citizens and Law Enforcement Officers have to live with more risk because of other States Wild West Attitude and Ignorance ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 225

tex profoundly states "The AR-15 is the civilian version of a M-15, which is mainly for combat use in a combat situation."

------------------------------

Do you think it mattered to our Little Angels at Sandy Hook Elementary School , who were slaughtered by the meager " Civilian Version " with over 180 Rounds shot through their Little Bodies.

Semi - Auto fire usually delivers a more accurate hit on it's intended target. Your "argument" makes very little , If any difference , in the blood shed suffered by 30-50 Round Assault Rifles , whether it be full auto , burst or semi auto. 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

And so I say this nation and it's leaders are both morally bankrupt and legislatively controlled and crippled by the outside forces of greed and the greedy. 

Then perhaps you should join in that legislative process by running for office?  That 'blood running in the streets' is only an exception rather than the rule..especially that the majority of guns are in the hands of responsible and law abiding owners.

Thank you for your suggestion.  But needless to say, not everyone has the stamina for politics.  I am one of those.  However, "that" is the very reason why we "elect" people to serve.  And as far as the "blood running in the streets," I will suffice-it-to-say that far too many people (men, women, AND children) have died in this country because too many people (sane, insane, licensed or not) having had access to far too many guns.  Getting rid of assault rifles, IMHO, would be a good first step.

Kudos
Views