WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: NZ BANS ASSAULT WEAPONS

Message 91 of 225

I was so naive or ignorant on these subtle signals until I was informed by this.  By the way, I noticed this, perhaps because I am now aware of this hand signal, just this morning in a media news segment of questions and answers.  Whoa...did I just see that??? 

Mar. 15,2019- Daily Beast - "New Zealand Mosque Shooting Suspect Brenton Tarrant Flashes White Power Sign in Court"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brenton-tarrant-idd-new-zealand-shooting-suspect

footnote: I only used this article because it shows the image that I am referring to.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 225

Gee...maybe we should all just start investing in purchasing our "social attire" of helmets and bullet proof vests...." c'mon kids...go get your helmets and vests on, we are going to the mall"????

childrens helmet and vest.JPG

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 225

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

To most leftists, an assault weapon is any gun that shoots bullets and looks menacing.

Yes, the sarcastic posts of some reflects that.

No, just yours Tex. Your earlier post was the only sarcastic post herein .... and YOU admitted that it was sarcastic!

I've yet to see anyone with a 30 round magazine for hunting wild hogs or anything. 

"Anything"? ..... You seem to forget the children hunted and slaughtered at Sandy Hook, an audience in Las Vegas, ......

If a person is lucky they can down one with a regular magazine. 

So why do they need a 30 round magazine?

A brother in-law is a long time deer hunter (I don't like deer meat myself) but his favorite rifle was a M-1 carbine.  I preferred the M-1 also from the old days in the Air Force.

Proving that a military style assault weapon with a 30 round magazine is not needed for civilian use!

Also remember these are the same posters who are worried that the government is going to take away their Social Security and Medicare.

..... A REPUBLICAN "government" Tex.    You conveniently omitted that!

"These posters" KNOW that your" Republicans ARE going to take away Social Security and Medicare" if they remain in control of the government!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 225

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Nothing but a litany of straw man arguments Tex  ...... all to evade from your inability to provide a "reasonable explanation" as to why a civilian needs to have a military style assault weapon!

Ok, myexper, myexper, myexper, I'll bite again; you still haven't said what your definition of a military style assault weapon is.  Fact is I doubt you would even know.  Further, you haven't defined your experience with any type of firearm.  And who are you to decide what type firearms anyone should have. 

You can't even define what a military style assault weapon is.  I even doubt if you have ever handled or fired any type firearm.  Further, you have worn that phrase 'straw man argument' completely out long ago, but in my opinion, that has been the gist of all your posts. 

To most leftists, an assault weapon is any gun that shoots bullets and looks menacing.

Absurd NOTHAPPENING .....

Actually, "to ALL" reasonable persons, "an assault weapon is any gun that" has been designed as an assault weapon .... like the inventor of the AR15 who designed this weapon to be a military only assault weapon ..... NEVER intended for civilian use!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 225

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-politics/9749024/...

This article comes out of the UK.....we have loads of people who visit the USA from the UK and it's a concern for those who want to travel here.   

Obviously, the  greatest of benefits of gun ownership goes to the manufacturers and sellers and the capitalist wins again when the general public who do not want so many guns in every home...seem not to matter at all.    www.newsweek.com/nra-gun-control-parkland-florida-school... “The pro-gun side is very engaged politically and in the politics of intimidation"       

The article writes   " America's deadly obsession with guns. Every day, 80 Americans are shot to death. The terrible slaughter at Sandy Hook is not as unusual as it should be, writes Brian Masters. A memorial in Newtown, Connecticut: every year 17,000 people are killed in America, 70 per cent of them with guns Photo: REUTERS/Eric Thayer. "     

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 225

tex says "Brave law enforcement indeed....now cue the Stars and Stripes Forever and let the closing credits roll across the screen and we return to the real world."

---------------------------

In the "real world" OUR Law Enforcement will always be "Brave". 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

You truly are the "Evader" ! Of course anyone who isn't Far Right is automatically called a Liberal - No such thing as a Moderate anymore ?

Who said anyone wants to take everyone's guns , just the 30-50 Round Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Of course, I'm not on the right or left, but just someone who believes in looking at politics objectively.  Your posts come across as being obsessed against firearms.  Especially with your continually bringing up those incidents where a nut job got hold of one.  Further, you are blaming the gun, not the shooter.  And that is out of the many gun owners in this country.

Brave law enforcement indeed....now cue the Stars and Stripes Forever and let the closing credits roll across the screen and we return to the real world.

You are sounding much like the story of the boy who called wolf, and about as effective.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 225

My State is safer because of it and there should be a Federal Law , so the entire Nation will be safer. When ANY person can fill their trunk full of 30-50 Round Assault Rifles and drive them to New York State - that's a problem.

How about the Safety of OUR Brave Law Enforcement ? Do you think they want to go up against a 30-50 Round Assault Rifle ? Put yourself in their Brave Shoes. 

I want to make their life safer and easier because it's too dang hard already.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 225

@mandm84 wrote:

NOT states "I don't see any need for that type of weapon but I will tell you that there are some that hunt with a AR15 with a 30 round magazine attached. If you're really worried about concealing a collapsible stock, what do you think of all the 9mm handguns that are way more concealable and are able to fire off 16 rounds of ammo in a few seconds?"

-----------------------

Hunting in New York is done with a 10 Round limit. If you can't hit your "Wild Hog" with 10 Rounds , maybe you shouldn't have any firearm in your hands !! We don't need "Rambo" in our Woods !!

As far as handguns NOT , in my Common Sense State of New York , folks have to go through a Concealed Carry Handgun permit process. That Background Investigation is conducted by specially trained Law Enforcement Investigators , which usually takes 6 - 12 Months. We take it very serious , because Lives Matter !!

BTW NYS Legal Handgun Magazine Capacity is 10 Rounds also. Like I said about the Long Gun , If you can't hit your target with a Handgun loaded with "ONLY" 10 Rounds , maybe you shouldn't have any firearm in your hands !!

I see no personal need for high capacity guns but those that do (if following the law), I see no problem.  Most states don't have the 10 round limit NY has, so are you trying to impose NY rules on other states?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 225

You truly are the "Evader" ! Of course anyone who isn't Far Right is automatically called a Liberal - No such thing as a Moderate anymore ?

Who said anyone wants to take everyone's guns , just the 30-50 Round Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Kudos
Views